Newest Members
Jay1159, jon-jon, want more, pgh15217, Barracuda312
12343 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
GeneF48 (66), kun wang (32)
Who's Online
5 registered (woodenshoes, finallyhere, Obi, 2 invisible), 19 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12343 Members
74 Forums
63439 Topics
443463 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#461202 - 02/21/14 12:36 AM Books for partners?
Bliss4All Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: SF Bay area, California
I have been in my current relationship for approximately 7 month now, and I was wondering if anyone can recommend a book that might have made it easier for you as a partner to understand the dynamics of sexual abuse aftermath in men. I do struggle at times with emotionally shutting down and some dissociative behaviors, and while she is extremely patient and I try really hard to be respectful of her emotional needs as well, I'd love to be able to give her some literature that might help her better understand these dynamics, how to engage in a healthy way, and how to take care of herself in the context of being with me as I face some of these struggles. Thanks!

#461219 - 02/21/14 06:33 AM Re: Books for partners? [Re: Bliss4All]
DrumRunner Offline

Loc: Massachusetts
There are tons of books on sexual abuse for partners that help understand the issues and problems. Take your pick from the recommended ones here on MS. However, I am reading The Sexual Healing Journey by Wendy Maltz, which not only helps you and your partner recognize abuse, it also explores new ways of being sexual towards yourself and your partner. See the Ask the Sex Doc forum, too. Once you and your partner have recognized and embraced the abuse, you need tools to move forward. This book is just one path of many. Best of luck to you!

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.