Newest Members
Casey_SC, Xr2, clt, Lumpy, squeekinby
12372 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
drivejoepublic (44), eagle299 (43), H18 (21), JJJ (43), mariposaman (63), SevenTwoTwo76 (39), TexAgMan (37), waiter (44), wgwarch (55)
Who's Online
2 registered (dan_in_newengland, 1 invisible), 31 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12372 Members
74 Forums
63593 Topics
444246 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#461117 - 02/19/14 07:53 PM Dear Abby letter about gay neighbors
ThisMan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: upper south
Abby was very straightforward with her response to the plight of the couple in FL who didn't "agree with" their new neighbors' lifestyles.

Fl couple not happy with their new neighbors

#461123 - 02/19/14 08:39 PM Re: Dear Abby letter about gay neighbors [Re: ThisMan]
Rustam Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: UK
Abby gave them a great response. It was a nice irony that they should end up being excluded when they thought they had the right to exclude others. The idea that we 'choose a lifestyle' is so absurd, you have to be a bit on the stupid side to use that language. The imagined 'choice of lifestyle' is employed to justify prejudice and discrimination.

#461127 - 02/19/14 09:03 PM Re: Dear Abby letter about gay neighbors [Re: ThisMan]
Ever-fixed Mark Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States
I loved seeing that, but let's not forget the original Dear Abbey dealing with similar people with economy and wit:

Quote:
Dear Abby: Two men who claim to be father and adopted son just bought an old mansion across the street and fixed it up. We notice a very suspicious mixture of company coming and going at all hours blacks, whites, Orientals, women who look like men and men who look like women. This has always been considered one of the finest sections of San Francisco, and these weirdos are giving it a bad name. How can we improve the neighborhood? Nob Hill Residents

Dear Residents: You could move.

-efm

Everybody here's got a story to tell
Everybody's been through their own hell
There's nothing too special about getting hurt
Getting over it, that takes the work

- "Duck and Cover" by Glen Phillips

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.