Newest Members
Stormchaser, johnnyc717, bluebook, Roscoe, SJC
12314 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
iwishicared (41), Scott Oliver (53), TutDaVinci (32)
Who's Online
5 registered (jtafoya11, traveler, cant_remember, highflight, 1 invisible), 14 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12314 Members
74 Forums
63369 Topics
443109 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#460975 - 02/17/14 08:37 PM Olympics Have Been Inspirational & Emotional
brother2none Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Undisclosed
I've never been "into" the Olympics as much as I am right now. I find myself near tears (of joy) when watching the athletes pushing beyond limits to reach their goal.

I know that what Ive been doing in my recovery in the last year is behind this: Going up against all odds and confronting the abuser, leaving no stone unturned in the uphill battle for truth, understanding, and forcing accountability by the abuser, fighting for justice, seeking out other victims of the same abuser... the list goes on.

I feel like Ive reached the highest level of performance that I am capable of. I admire the dedication and hard and endless training those athletes endure. I marvel in watching how they have MADE IT TO THE TOP and are living their dream. For me, its not the Olympics, Im never going to get a medal or even recognition from many around me. I have sacrificed greatly to have the focus and energy to devote to my recovery plan and activities. My respect to those competing at the highest levels, and making the most of these opportunities. In recovery, in life.

If you haven't done so, take a moment to watch some of the Olympic competitions.

#460999 - 02/18/14 10:28 AM Re: Olympics Have Been Inspirational & Emotional [Re: brother2none]
Jay1946 Offline

Loc: Miami, Florida, USA
In addition to all the aspects you mentioned in your post, there is the sheer beauty of seeing humans perform at the top of their sport. I've been captivated by the gracefulness, poetry of movement and perfection of the ice skating competitions.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.