Newest Members
JayNL, Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy
12279 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cainrafael (28), GL (67), JohnP725 (66), Lloydy (61), Marie-TwoOfUs (35)
Who's Online
2 registered (AlexT, 1 invisible), 25 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12279 Members
73 Forums
63185 Topics
441813 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#460273 - 02/07/14 11:45 AM Re: Full Disclosure with spouse [Re: 5thmonster]
On The Fringe Offline

Loc: Southeast USA
Interesting the T said to let it slide.

Seems asking them why they said that is in order.

I have told two women. Both had compassionate responses. One was angry toward the perp.

I have it told my wife details. She is a good old redneck girl and would probably do something that would require prison time.

#460445 - 02/10/14 12:48 PM Re: Full Disclosure with spouse [Re: 5thmonster]
5thmonster Offline

I dont think she believed i was ready to share because i still had issues to work through. However, a couple sessions later she said ok i think you are headed in the right direction, call me if you need to schedule a session. I thought it was weird she said that because we usually scheduled the next appointment at the end of each session. I just figured she was getting unconfortable with me and didnt want to see me anymore. the topic in my last appointme was about my confusion about sexual orientation. The session ended Just after she asked me how I know I am not gay and how would it affect me if I was.

#460446 - 02/10/14 01:37 PM Re: Full Disclosure with spouse [Re: 5thmonster]
victor-victim Offline

Loc: O Kanada
wow... that just seems weird.
forget about if she is comfortable with you...
are you comfortable with her?

War
Love
Poetry

#460468 - 02/10/14 10:34 PM Re: Full Disclosure with spouse [Re: 5thmonster]
ThisMan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: upper south
I agree with VV… the scheduling comment seems really odd. Or should I say, the failure to schedule the next session seems odd. I would be tempted to schedule one more session so that you can ask about "her confusion" about your sexual orientation, or whatever wall she has come up against. You deserve a respectful, full closure with the T, and she deserves to give that to you in a most respectful manner…not in a way that sort of blows you off by saying "call me if you need me". Hopefully she can explain what her hangups are so you can understand.

#460644 - 02/13/14 02:36 PM Re: Full Disclosure with spouse [Re: 5thmonster]
5thmonster Offline

I managed to tell her about my child abuse. I would say i learned to trust her. It was just the last visit that i felt like she wanted to move on. its ok really. she was pretty far from my house anyway. I think it will be good for me to tell someone else my story. I think it will make it easier when i tell my wife. Hopefully i find someone before i just burst out with it like a fat pimple exploding all over the place.

#462607 - 03/14/14 02:26 PM Re: Full Disclosure with spouse [Re: 5thmonster]
jas4159 Offline

hello 5th,

I went thru this also with my ex wife. keeping in mind that this stuff is so overwhelming and trying for all of us. I think it is great your wife is involved and being there for you. But as with all difficult issues it can become difficult and painful for those of us you support us. especally wives. I wouldn't read to much into it. She may have the heart to be there for you but she may need a little break.

jsut a thought

rich

justanothersurvivror.wordpress.com

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.