Newest Members
JayNL, Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy
12279 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cainrafael (28), GL (67), JohnP725 (66), Lloydy (61), Marie-TwoOfUs (35)
Who's Online
1 registered (truestory), 19 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12279 Members
73 Forums
63185 Topics
441809 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#460552 - 02/12/14 10:23 AM Michael J. Fox
ig3 Offline

I saw Michael J. Fox interviewed by Ellen and he said he would not avoid having Parkinson if he had the choice.

I looked this up online and found he had said it too in the magazine Rolling Stones:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/art...-diagnosis.html

I think this is a powerful message for us survivors, to think that abuse, as bad as we know it is, perhaps has given us a chance to become better people than we would be have we not experienced it.

#460553 - 02/12/14 10:27 AM Re: Michael J. Fox [Re: ig3]
ig3 Offline

Michael in the Ellen show mentioned that he had a big ego. For me similarly the experience of abuse has been humbling.

If he can reach that conclusion suffering from a disease that is so harsh, perhaps we can get inspiration from him and work for a better place for others, advocating for eradication of abuse through the means that make more sense to us, such as supporting MaleSurvivor, or speaking out, or helping one another. Michael has raised over $300 million for research. On my part, I wish to promote the adoption of mandatory child-abuse reporting statutes in those countries where this type of statute does not exist.

#460578 - 02/12/14 09:46 PM Re: Michael J. Fox [Re: ig3]
BraveFalcon Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: The ATL
Originally Posted By: ig3
I think this is a powerful message for us survivors, to think that abuse, as bad as we know it is, perhaps has given us a chance to become better people than we would be have we not experienced it.

Maybe for some, but not for me. Nothing that happened in my childhood made me a better or stronger person. Only the opposite. I know there are those here who feel differently though. Peace,

Ken

#460599 - 02/13/14 12:25 AM Re: Michael J. Fox [Re: ig3]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: ig3

This is probably true in my case.

Puffer

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.