Newest Members
Lumpy, squeekinby, rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms
12369 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
aleja (40), bc22 (47), DavidMI (40), Forrest_Gump (39), Jay1946 (68), Malc4 (29), mpm01 (49), widpaulman (43)
Who's Online
5 registered (woodenshoes, Obi, 3 invisible), 18 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12369 Members
74 Forums
63575 Topics
444180 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#460450 - 02/10/14 02:52 PM I should have expected this
Lost Mountain Offline

Loc: Atlanta
I joined a gym in my town and try to get to it at least once a week. I know it should be a minimum of 3 times. So I had this brilliant idea I would go on Craigslist and look for a partner, This is what I posted.

Anytime Fitness work out partner - m4m - 57 (Powder Springs)
I am looking for a workout partner to meetup at Anytime Fitness I prefer early mornings but early evening after 7 30 pm could work to. I am way out of shape and just need a partner basically in same situation so we can help each other. I posted looking for a man but it could also be a women all we would be doing is supporting each other working out. Might even start walking the Silver Comet when the weather warms up a bit.

OK now I expected the normal spam and such but besides that every reply was from someone wanting to exchange BJ,s or more or become text buddies.

I am not slamming anyone here and I know I am still curious and confused about my own sexuality but come on as far as I can tell there is nothing in it that would lead someone to think of Sex. This is why I truly distrusts men to begin with, So I am going to struggle and try and get my rear to the club myself and work out alone.

OK I am done ranting now. and if I posted in the wrong place sorry.

#460466 - 02/10/14 10:23 PM Re: I should have expected this [Re: Lost Mountain]
On The Fringe Offline

Loc: Southeast USA
I put in an ad for something similar a year ago. I got a few replies from hookers!

Craig's list is not the place for legit meet requests.

#460471 - 02/10/14 10:47 PM Re: I should have expected this [Re: Lost Mountain]
Suwanee Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Southeast USA
Lost,

The only thing that would lead someone to think of sex in what you posted is that it's found in Craigslist. I sold an old mountain bike and some backpacking equipment on there, but some of those personal ads are pretty wild. Some of those folks can sexualize anything---and I mean anything.

A typical ad: "Trek Mountain Bike for Sale"
Response: "Show me some pics and lets make this happen
Me: "Sure, here are five pictures of the bike, notice the scratches on the frame."
Response: "Now get on that bike naked and let's really make this happen. Pics please."

Uh…no.

You live and learn Lost. Go work out consistently and you'll see others doing the same and ask them to spot you occasionally if you are lifting weights. Before you know it, you will get to know others at the gym who can be of help. Join a class where you are put in with others who are getting back into shape.

Just a few thoughts…

Will

-Signs and traces left in stone
Ruins of a past unknown-

#460484 - 02/11/14 11:31 AM Re: I should have expected this [Re: Lost Mountain]
Adam A Gedman Offline

Loc: Canada
Hey Lost,

Read your post and immediately thought of the website http://www.meetup.com/
You may have better success with this site.
I have a standing search for a SA survivors group nearby.
I have not had any luck yet, but have not been inundated with inappropriate responses either.

Good luck.

Formerly Adam A Gedman (AKA - A damAGed man)

But you can call me Kevin

Toronto Mini WoR - May 2014

#460510 - 02/11/14 06:19 PM Re: I should have expected this [Re: Lost Mountain]
Lost Mountain Offline

Loc: Atlanta
Good Idea Adam

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.