Newest Members
Stormchaser, johnnyc717, bluebook, Roscoe, SJC
12314 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
blueturtle (46), David C (40), DavidC (40), Derdlecar (61), Hector (54)
Who's Online
3 registered (Obi, motmcd, 1 invisible), 10 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12314 Members
74 Forums
63366 Topics
443085 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#460474 - 02/10/14 11:17 PM good evening gentleman.
forgive777 Offline

Loc: california
Hello to all.. I am back .. I got a lil update I thought I will never do! I found my self a therapist that deals with CSA iam pretty excited about my future. I just was wondering is it normal to feel like your head is gonna blow up as soon as you walk in the office.. Lol no joke.. I felt super anxious talking to the therapist .... I would really need some pointers and what do I tell or say to my t..thanks gentleman.. Iam just nervous about how I will feel after each session

#460476 - 02/10/14 11:59 PM Re: good evening gentleman. [Re: forgive777]
kcinohio Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ohio
Congrats on taking a big step. My only advice is to go ahead and share how nervous you are feeling. Just opening up about that can be a way to be honest, and get at least something out in the open.

#460478 - 02/11/14 04:17 AM Re: good evening gentleman. [Re: forgive777]
peroperic2009 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: South-East Europe
Hello forgive777, welcome back!
That is great news if you found T. Just take it easy, it is not like in some movies that you come to office, sit on chair and tell all the most difficult issues in one sigh.
On contrary, having therapist means that you two have to develop some relationship where trust and understanding is very important. And some time is needed for that.
I must say that I made mistake with my T and when went on first session as I've tried to speak about all my issues at once. I felt huge burden for so long time and it is no wonder that I did it like that. But my T has tried to calm me down, she asked me usual things about my background, what are my interests, what are my hobbies, what do I expect from therapy and so on and by such talk she made it easier for me. It was more like getting to know each other at first.
Only after couple sessions we proceed more into matter but always and only if I felt good with it. So there shouldn't be any pressure at start.
And you are more than free to raise all your questions from your post to your T like:
-is it normal to feel like your head is gonna blow up as soon as you walk in the office..
-I felt super anxious talking to the therapist
-I would really need some pointers and what do I tell
-I'am just nervous about how I will feel after each session.

Those are excellent questions on which good therapist should give clear answers and guidance.

Go ahead and give us update how was it, be well!

Pero

Edited by peroperic2009 (02/11/14 04:20 AM)

#460490 - 02/11/14 02:24 PM Re: good evening gentleman. [Re: forgive777]
victor-victim Offline

Loc: O Kanada
is it normal???

i just lost it completely yesterday, just because i had a scheduled therapy appointment.
LOST IT.
and i thought i was an expert at therapy after 25 years of it.

i haven't felt that bad in a long long time.

pure physical psyche pain of extreme anxiety.
meltdown. hormonal high. brain chemical overdose.
no intellectual overview. no detached analysis.
no memories attached. no mental understanding.
complete connection with my body without interference from the mind.
tidal waves of emotion, surging, flooding, flushing, and washing through me like a cleansing torrential cloudburst.

then the same thing a few hours after the session.
then complete exhaustion calm and relief afterward.

some serious sh!t is suddenly surfacing.

it feels like pus coming out of a boil.

today feels like a hangover.

is it normal?

Victor Frankl 'An abnormal reaction to an abnormal situation is normal
behavior.'

believe me brother, you are normal.

War
Love
Poetry

#460877 - 02/16/14 05:50 PM Re: good evening gentleman. [Re: forgive777]
jas4159 Offline

Good stuff forgive. and congrats. I think it is pretty normal.

I think it is more important how you feel when you leave. But you have made a good point.

justanothersurvivror.wordpress.com

rich

rich

justanothersurvivror.wordpress.com

#460889 - 02/16/14 07:46 PM Re: good evening gentleman. [Re: forgive777]
gettingstronger Offline

Loc: Virginia
Hi forgive and Victor,

Pero really hit it dead on. These things take time. While I'm not glad it was a painful experience, my own experience is that when it gets ugly like that, that's when things get done.

Forgive the grittiness of my analogy, but it's like catching whiff after whiff of an odor that won't go away, then mustering up the courage to wade right into the sewer with a water cannon and blast away until it's clean. Is it at all pleasant? Hell no. Is it something anyone in his right mind wants to do? Hell no. But does it need to get done, no matter how disgusting it is? Absolutely. And with each ugly trip down there, you can look yourself in the eyes afterwards and say, "Not everyone can do what I just did."

And we understand.

Kudos to you.

Bob

#461414 - 02/24/14 08:58 PM Re: good evening gentleman. [Re: forgive777]
forgive777 Offline

Loc: california
Thanks

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.