Newest Members
Bennett, 0128, jeremywickers, JScott12, TMatti2
12503 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
asdude1981 (33), Avery46 (51), hans32 (46), jean-noel (49), Kirk (59), Kirk Wayne (59), Mechanical (21), OldTrafford (50)
Who's Online
4 registered (manipulated, I Want 2 Thrive, 2 invisible), 43 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12503 Members
74 Forums
64193 Topics
447967 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#460284 - 02/07/14 06:36 PM Back after a year.
JoelS Offline

Loc: Louisiana
I really do not know where to start but I did take other posters advice a year ago and went to therapy. That decision has changed my life even thought it was very hard. Some days I was ready to tackle the hard stuff and others not so much. There was so much that I learned but now I need to keep moving forward and keep talking about my feelings and memories that shape my life today.

My abuser was my father, brother, and cousin along with an assortment of abusive boyfriends. My father died from suicide about six years ago when he started to come clean about the abuse with me and a step sister, I truly wish there was justice. The story about my abuse is very hard to talk about due to the violence and the web of lies that followed from everyone, I was so much alone and lost.

There is much more to tell but today is much better. To be honest I am not sure how I have survived and ended up the way that I am. I have more success than failures and really have a life that most people would envy. I think that what I have done differnt is have the courage to change and do something different right or wrong. My hope is to go to one of the retreats offered on this site this year and contribute more to this blog.

At this time all I have to say is just have the courage to go one more day and do one thing different as hard as it may be.

#460286 - 02/07/14 07:43 PM Re: Back after a year. [Re: JoelS]
Ever-fixed Mark Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States
Joel,

Welcome back. I'm glad that your year has been so productive for you, despite how hard it was to make that progress. You deserve to feel proud.

I've been to the WoR and for me it's been a life changing experience. I really wish that experience for you.

Be gentle with yourself,

-efm

Everybody here's got a story to tell
Everybody's been through their own hell
There's nothing too special about getting hurt
Getting over it, that takes the work

- "Duck and Cover" by Glen Phillips

#460292 - 02/07/14 09:15 PM Re: Back after a year. [Re: JoelS]
Rustam Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: UK
Great to hear that the therapy is helping, welcome back. I did a group for some weeks with other men who had abuse histories and it was really helpful.
P

#460323 - 02/08/14 12:27 PM Re: Back after a year. [Re: JoelS]
bodyguard8367 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: ""
""

Edited by bodyguard8367 (02/27/14 07:03 PM)

#460431 - 02/09/14 10:36 PM Re: Back after a year. [Re: JoelS]
kcinohio Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ohio
Welcome back to MS. Glad to hear you have made progress.

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.