Newest Members
RodrigoBR, MJ545, Marant, BeingFound, journey4two
12332 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
blueelectron9 (48), Grunty1967b (2014), highflight (42), jocks44 (54), kitm1 (47), Porrick (44)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 16 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12332 Members
74 Forums
63413 Topics
443353 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#459979 - 02/02/14 12:43 AM Dylan Farrow Speaks Out About Sexual Abuse
Jude Offline

Loc: New England
Dylan Farrow, Now 29, Speaks Out About Sexual Abuse By Woody Allen
"This time, I refuse to fall apart. For so long, Woody Allenís acceptance silenced me. It felt like a personal rebuke, like the awards and accolades were a way to tell me to shut up and go away. But the survivors of sexual abuse who have reached out to me ó to support me and to share their fears of coming forward, of being called a liar, of being told their memories arenít their memories ó have given me a reason to not be silent, if only so others know that they donít have to be silent either." NY Times, February 1, 2014

Amen Dylan, you are awesome.
But he never betrays what he thinks.
Can you see the real me, doctor?.
The Who

#459987 - 02/02/14 08:59 AM Re: Dylan Farrow Speaks Out About Sexual Abuse [Re: Jude]
Disappointed Offline

Loc: U.S.A.

#459988 - 02/02/14 09:05 AM Re: Dylan Farrow Speaks Out About Sexual Abuse [Re: Jude]
KMCINVA Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

I love the line "this time I refuse to fall apart" It shows she has gathered the strength to face the truth and not be silenced by the media, Hollywood and celebrities.

Her acknowledgment of "but the survivors of sexual abuse who have reached to me--to support me and to share their fears of coming forward, of being called a a liar, of being told their memories aren't their memories......" How often I heard those words, directly or by implication to silence me as I healed and faced the past and the triggers inflicted. How society and ignorance perpetuates our silence.

She also spoke of her eating disorder and need to cut herself. All signs of the abuse. People need to open up about the reality and effects of CSA. I hope this forces the media to re-examine how it portrays victims and sometimes focuses only on the abuser. I also hope they use this as an opportunity to educate people on CSA--I know this is wishful thinking because turning a blind eye or being ignorant is easier than supporting a victim or survivor.

I also

#459989 - 02/02/14 09:50 AM Re: Dylan Farrow Speaks Out About Sexual Abuse [Re: Jude]
Disappointed Offline

Loc: U.S.A.

#459990 - 02/02/14 10:02 AM Re: Dylan Farrow Speaks Out About Sexual Abuse [Re: Jude]
KMCINVA Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

One common outcome is PTSD. Dylan acknowledged her diagnosis. I too have diagnosed with PTSD and dissociative fugue disorder. But with help they can be controlled. I believe many in the public do not realize PTSD is a reality for many victims/survivors. PTSD can be debilitating and controls one life.

Hopefully this is a step, hard and difficult for Dylan but hopefully healing, that will allow people to see the consequences of CSA. It impacts the victim for a lifetime.

It takes courage to challenge the Hollywood machine.

#460144 - 02/05/14 02:39 AM Re: Dylan Farrow Speaks Out About Sexual Abuse [Re: Jude]
victor-victim Offline

Loc: O Kanada
i was not a witness, but i believe Dylan Farrow's story.
i, too, have been diagnosed with PTSD.

this situation is typical of the don't ask, don't tell, keep quiet, do your job, mind your own business attitude of the entertainment industry in general.

i have seen all kinds of disgusting things in my 35 year career in show biz. i would dare say that the percentage of people who are victims, survivors, and perpetrators is very high.

War
Love
Poetry

#460210 - 02/06/14 02:24 AM Re: Dylan Farrow Speaks Out About Sexual Abuse [Re: Jude]
Jude Offline

Loc: New England
But he never betrays what he thinks.
Can you see the real me, doctor?.
The Who

#460213 - 02/06/14 04:10 AM Re: Dylan Farrow Speaks Out About Sexual Abuse [Re: Jude]
victor-victim Offline

Loc: O Kanada

this article is a disgrace.
i have sent my opinion to the editor of this magazine.
if you want the editor's email PM me.

i have found the website of the writer of this attack on Dylan's credibility.
he is promoting a biographical documentary of woody's life.
he is hardly an unbiased party.
Robert B. Weide is an Oscar-nominated and Emmy-winning filmmaker whose documentaries have covered the Marx Brothers, W.C. Fields, Mort Sahl, Lenny Bruce, Woody Allen and Kurt Vonnegut. He was also the Executive Producer and director of the HBO series, Curb Your Enthusiasm.

anyone who wants mr.weide's email please PM me.

this is a copy of the email I sent.

shame on THE DAILY BEAST for publishing this "article" written by a biased source.

shame on Robert (Bob) Weide for writing it. it is an outrage!

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/01/27/the-woody-allen-allegations-not-so-fast.html

as a victim and survivor of sexual abuse, all I can say is...

please do some research on the subject of sexual abuse,

before you open your mouth about something you know nothing about.

shame on you!

anyone who wants to know the truth about sexual abuse can visit www.malesurvivor.org

where they can read stories of sexual abuse and survival from almost 12.000 victims.

everyone of those stories sounds pretty much exactly like Dylan Farrow's.

http://kristof.blogs.nytimes.com/2014/02/01/an-open-letter-from-dylan-farrow/

we survivors know what courage it takes to disclose our history,

and when someone questions our credibility,

or publicly accuses the victim of "imagining" they were sexually abused as a child...

it is more than an insult... it re-victimizes the victim. it hurts!

personally, i find Mr.Weide's "article" offensive.

by sticking his nose into this, he has stuck his neck out!

he has publicly embarrassed himself, by exposing his ignorance and insensitivity.

anyone who wishes to contact the author of this attempt to discredit Dylan Farrow... here is his contact information.

---- insert contact information and website (DuckProds) for R.Weide - Whyaduck Productions, Inc ----

he has a website where he is promoting his autobiographical documentary about Mr.W.Allen...

mr. weide is hardly a neutral or unbiased party.

please let him know how you feel about his "article" defending W.Allen and discrediting D.Farrow.

---------------------

please forward this email.

let us show our support for victims of sexual abuse,
such as Dylan Farrow.

----------------------

War
Love
Poetry

#460216 - 02/06/14 07:28 AM Re: Dylan Farrow Speaks Out About Sexual Abuse [Re: Jude]
KMCINVA Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

The whole situation is sad, a daughter sexually abused.

Dylan's brother Moses also came out in support of Woody Allen and denied she was abused. He claim Mia Farrow manipulated to hate Woody from the moment Mia found out about the sister he ultimately married. It was very bad break up and issues of alienation by one parent against the other probably exists, at least from what was written in the media. But I believe Dylan was abused because I cannot believe anyone would say otherwise. Dylan's responded to her brother's comments by writing that her brother is dead to her.

It is so sad to see what CSA does to a person and family--a child damaged, anger and alienation within the family, family members unable to accept CSA occurred and is real--so many lives destroyed. The CT prosecutor said there was probable cause to charge Allen but he wanted to spare Dylan. No one is spared in CSA.

Hopefully, Dylan's courage is recognized and she is not dragged through the mud--she deserves to live and put the CSA in a place that will not control her life. Her family, in total, need to support her and help her heal despite their personal feelings. Those that turn on her, have not lived what she has lived--

#460217 - 02/06/14 07:40 AM Re: Dylan Farrow Speaks Out About Sexual Abuse [Re: Jude]
Jacob S Offline
MaleSurvivor

I have to agree with you about the article, V-V. He took a really long time to basically say "well, I never saw anything." I believing in finding a balance between validating the perspective and emotions of the accuser while not prematurely presuming the guilt of the accused, but this article adds nothing constructive to the conversation. Ironically, he nails it on the head when he admits all he is doing is contributing to the noise. If all he really wanted to do was "dispel myths," as he claims, he could have summed that up in ten sentences. The vast majority of the piece is unsubstantiated guesses that only serve to add more confusion.
all the people he can trust.
Like the one who stands behind him
cheering him on
Estatic when he stands defiant,
wild with abandon when he's gone

just stay alive.
do whatever you need to.
you are worth it.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.