Newest Members
rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms, Anony_mous, Drew6991x
12367 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
bluesky (44), Brother B+ (48), emal7717 (53), estuardo (52), kwf777 (56), LeeAnne (30), mapleleafsn (52), otherside (61), ronnie (59), Scott1962 (52), thrive-n-survive (42), tom3065 (36)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 13 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12367 Members
74 Forums
63561 Topics
444084 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#460160 - 02/05/14 08:48 AM First post
enoughalready Offline

Loc: Utah
I've read some introductions and already I'm struggling with the thought that some of these guys must be exaggerating or lying. Yet, I feel like vomIting. I don't know what to make of all this. Tears, tears and gut-wrenching pain. More later.

Edited by enoughalready (02/05/14 09:00 AM)
Edit Reason: wrong emoticon

#460161 - 02/05/14 09:09 AM Re: First post [Re: enoughalready]
peroperic2009 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: South-East Europe
Hello enoughalready, Welcome to Male survivor!
I'm glad that you are here and that you've been brave enough to make your first topic, congratulations!
Please don't push yourself too much and stay away from reading if some topics are hurtful.

You are here among friends survivors who can understand many issues and pain related to abuse so sometimes there is no need for additional details, we understand.

It is also important to emphasize that we are trying as much as possible to secure safety and anonymity to all our members here as it is needed for our healing and recovery.

Keep sharing with us, welcome on board one more time wink

Pero

#460163 - 02/05/14 09:42 AM Re: First post [Re: enoughalready]
enoughalready Offline

Loc: Utah
Thanks for the response. It's good to know there's actually someone out there n

#460165 - 02/05/14 11:08 AM Re: First post [Re: enoughalready]
traveler Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: somewhere in Africa
enoughalready -

welcome.

it was hard for me to read what you said because many of us have not been believed in the past - or have had others tell us that it wasn't really that bad. maybe that has happened to you, too. if that is the case, let me assure you, that many of us have discovered as we worked through our memories that it was actually a lot worse than what we first thought. if that applies to you, please know that there are guys here who understand and want to help you through it. please try not to judge yourself or others. no one here wants to judge you either. we are here for one another.

if i misunderstood what you meant, i am sorry. i hope you will feel safe and accepted.

lee
Now I know my life has meaning
Now I see myself as I am, feeling very free...
When my tears have come to an end I will understand
What I left behind: a part of me. Chicago

#460166 - 02/05/14 11:12 AM Re: First post [Re: enoughalready]
victor-victim Offline

Loc: O Kanada
welcome, enoughalready.

your name says it all!

hope you find some of what you need here.

War
Love
Poetry

#460167 - 02/05/14 11:18 AM Re: First post [Re: enoughalready]
KMCINVA Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Enoughalready

Welcome. The site is here to help you. Share as you feel comfortable. It is important you feel safe. Many read the posts and others stories and comment when they are ready.

You have taken a brave step to face the past and the abuse. It is an emotional journey with ups and downs. But as time progresses and you open up you will find you will be better able to control you life and not let the abuse control you.

There are chat rooms, enter, read or post. We all heal differently as well all reacted differently to the abuse. You will find what may work for someone does not work for others. You will find your path. If you need to vent, vent. We have all been there and make no judgment of others. We are here to support each other--in our triumphs and setbacks.

Heal well

Kevin

#460169 - 02/05/14 11:31 AM Re: First post [Re: enoughalready]
pittsburgh Offline

Loc: west Chester, Pa
Hello: Welcome, I am very sorry that you need to be here. I understand you feelings. The sad truth is there are so many men who have had similar experiences. This was something I had difficulty with also, when I first started on my journey. Read and know that we are with you.
it is and has been quite a trip thru life, as last I feel that I am in a better place, it takes work and in my case a wife the was and is forgiveing and helpful. At last a relationship has gone right, messed up three.

#460172 - 02/05/14 12:02 PM Re: First post [Re: enoughalready]
victor-victim Offline

Loc: O Kanada
Originally Posted By: enoughalready
I've read some introductions and already I'm struggling with the thought that some of these guys must be exaggerating or lying. Yet, I feel like vomIting. I don't know what to make of all this. Tears, tears and gut-wrenching pain. More later.

try to avoid the temptation to compare your abuse to others.
there is no 'better or worse'.
it is all abuse.

our experiences vary, the reactions vary, but the pain is private, personal, powerful and real for each and every one of us.
the individuals are unique, but we are all human.

War
Love
Poetry

#460187 - 02/05/14 03:54 PM Re: First post [Re: enoughalready]
Landscape Offline

Enoughalready, welcome.

I am new here as well. I don't know where the all the answers are, but I'm right here with you looking for them. We all are.

I had the conversation about comparing with my T recently, and was told the same thing Victor said. There's no better or worse. There is only how it affected you, and that depends on so many things.

Notice that many are telling you to move slowly, at your own pace. I was rushing, and now I'm backing off a little. I need time to process. You'll find the speed that's right for you.

Be well.

#460206 - 02/06/14 01:26 AM Re: First post [Re: enoughalready]
Jude Offline

Loc: New England
Welcome enoughalready,

Dittos to all the above. You are in the right place.

Jude
But I won't back down.
Tom Petty

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, Publius, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.