Newest Members
JohnWC, KKumar, J44, Anura, reynel5
12420 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
MADcHATTER (54), Ready2MoveOn (44)
Who's Online
3 registered (highflight, lukehorace, Damian1974), 33 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12420 Members
74 Forums
63789 Topics
445462 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#459978 - 02/02/14 12:34 AM Feeling dejected and rejected.
Jwmcd2 Offline
MaleSurvivor

It's come to my attention that I am less-than-desirable to have around this community by some recent activity I've noted in people's feelings or regards towards me.

This is just a general thing. If I have done something to cause derision in this group of people, please tell me. I cannot stand any more of this duplicity towards me and I need some concrete answers:

#1 if you think I'm a fake, take it up with me
#2 If I annoy you, take it up with me
#3 If you're frustrated, take it up with me.

I've really gotten tired of feeling like people are out to get me or love to look at me with contempt. I know I'm not really much good for other people and am in fact a burden, but I need for people to admit it so I can move forward. If I hate myself then there won't be any harm in telling me to leave MS.

Done.

#459981 - 02/02/14 12:55 AM Re: Feeling dejected and rejected. [Re: Jwmcd2]
Jude Offline

Loc: New England
Jwmcd2,

I stay out of chat, so I haven't seen any of what you describe. But no survivor of childhood sexual abuse should ever feel rejected here. Whether the perp was a man or a woman, a few years older or decades older, whether it happened once or a thousand times, whether the memories of it are clear or shrouded, every survivor deserves respect and validation here.

This is the one place where we can tell our stories, be honest, be believed, and not be judged. Anyone who is engaged in such behavior should be reported to the moderators.

You have my support and fellowship. You are welcome here and you are not alone.

Jude
I get a little bit closer to feeling fine.
Sheryl Crow

#459983 - 02/02/14 01:40 AM Re: Feeling dejected and rejected. [Re: Jwmcd2]
peroperic2009 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: South-East Europe
Originally Posted By: Jwmcd2
I know I'm not really much good for other people and am in fact a burden

This just can't be true. I know how difficult is for everyone of us to fight our negative self-image but there is no other way than to do it.
You are always helpful and more than worthy wink

Pero

#459994 - 02/02/14 11:30 AM Re: Feeling dejected and rejected. [Re: Jwmcd2]
Magellan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: California
I have no idea what you're referring to. I've not seen any of the things you mention. I also don't hang out in the chat room either.

I certainly don't consider you a burden, either. Dude, you hardly post here! You've only posted 52 times. I would *hardly* call that burdensome. In fact, I would hope that you would post MORE.

Stop selling yourself short, man.

Loving Kindness Meditation will dramatically improve your spirits; give it a try for just 3 days: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sz7cpV7ERsM

#459995 - 02/02/14 11:33 AM Re: Feeling dejected and rejected. [Re: Jwmcd2]
bodyguard8367 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: ""
""

Edited by bodyguard8367 (02/27/14 07:00 PM)

#459997 - 02/02/14 11:42 AM Re: Feeling dejected and rejected. [Re: Jwmcd2]
KMCINVA Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

I am sorry you feel this way. Sometimes our past takes over, feeling worthless or a sense of distrust.

Everyone here tries to support and sometimes words are misunderstood. I have found people here to be supportive. I hope this support carries to everyone. Take a step back and think of support you have received here.

You need to feel safe. I and everyone here, strives to heal and support each other in their healing. Please take care of yourself, you have much to offer others.

Kevin

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.