Newest Members
DT, kk90, Austintexan, Cancan, LS
12257 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
ByondClosedDoors (41), Dave1425 (32), DeafDavid (23), LowSky (57)
Who's Online
3 registered (pete1973, 2 invisible), 53 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12257 Members
73 Forums
63121 Topics
441407 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#445513 - 08/26/13 05:23 PM Re: Another Step In Healing Talked With Diocese [Re: KMCINVA]
KMCINVA Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Well the meeting has been scheduled for this Wednesday. It happened quicker than I expected. I think I am ready for the face to face. When I started healing I never thought I would be speaking to the institution, the church, responsible for allowing this to happen to me. This part of the healing all began when my mom passed and I was forced to meet the priest at the church where the abuse occurred. This happened 10 months ago to the day of setting up this meeting. Somehow my mom's passing helped to bring the people and me to this stage of healing. I believe she will be there on Wednesday to bring me the peace she would like me to have.

Edited by KMCINVA (08/26/13 05:33 PM)

#459991 - 02/02/14 10:15 AM Re: Another Step In Healing Talked With Diocese [Re: KMCINVA]
KMCINVA Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Just an update. I am amazed I am still in contact with the Diocese about my recovery. Last night via email I received renewed words of encouragement from the diocese. They re - extended the offer to meet with Bishop. I believe they have a genuine concern for my healing. It touched me to know even the institution has a heart. I guess they have witnessed many lives lost due to the decades of sexual abuse within the church. One day I may do the formal grievance but not yet ready. The church knows and today and police know. No legal recourse only institution recourse seems not to add any more validation than I have received.

I am grateful they extended their hearts. And today I will be with people who have supported me on healing in a festive environment Super Bowl. It is always nice to have affirmation and acceptance of what I lived and how I struggled - it gives hope.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.