Newest Members
Xr2, clt, Lumpy, squeekinby, rhyoung
12371 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
drivejoepublic (44), eagle299 (43), H18 (21), JJJ (43), mariposaman (63), SevenTwoTwo76 (39), TexAgMan (37), waiter (44), wgwarch (55)
Who's Online
2 registered (Xr2, BraveFalcon), 21 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12371 Members
74 Forums
63587 Topics
444231 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#459996 - 02/02/14 11:35 AM Re: I Give Up [Re: Lancer]
Lancer Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Florida
@V-V...guess I'm doing better. As I PM'd someone, it's not that the despair is gone, it's just back in a box that's a size too small for it and the flaps don't quite close.

@DE, I get it. I get all the feelings. For one, it's not a contest. It's just the way I feel at the moment. And you've nailed the frame of mind perfectly. I don't give a rat's ass how badly other people have it in India or west Africa. If nothing else, I'm glad you shared it - screw "being comforting" - and gave some more depth to it. That's enuf for me right now.

Also, you mentioned Reever. I imagine doggie may be as much of an anchor as Nero is to me. Simply, he has basic needs (loo, food) that must be met, no matter how I feel. Man, if they only recognized he's indeed a "service cat".

#460432 - 02/09/14 11:02 PM Re: I Give Up [Re: Lancer]
morgan662 Offline

Loc: New York City
I've never posted or commented before, but have to for this. My advice is to get on medicare. Also, try to get a social worker. This will not be the most popular advice, but the way that I got a social worker was to have a total mental meltdown and break into a place, not steal anything, and then end up calling the cops on myself. Sometimes the bureaucracy just doesn't want to deal with you until it sees that it has more to lose by not dealing with you. And you might be afraid that if you seem to "lose it" you won't have friends left, in general in my experience people have much more sympathy for people who don't seem to have it all together, hence them wanting you to be an alcoholic or something.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.