Newest Members
Lumpy, squeekinby, rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms
12369 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
drivejoepublic (44), eagle299 (43), H18 (21), JJJ (43), mariposaman (63), SevenTwoTwo76 (39), TexAgMan (37), waiter (44), wgwarch (55)
Who's Online
3 registered (tbkkfile, traveler, royjay), 23 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12369 Members
74 Forums
63582 Topics
444218 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#45960 - 08/11/02 11:11 PM Re: fantasy - or humiliation ?
SoCalJohn Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Los Angeles, California
Lloydy,

Part of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder is re-enacting your abuse, sometimes in a ritualistic way.

The acting out you describe sounds to me like that type of a response to the stress of the abuses you endured.

I would be working on PTSD type stuff with your therapist and i bet in time those fantasies would diminish if not dissapear completely.

Just my two cents.

John

I asked him about this law he spoke of, he said,,, *watch* he then asked the others to share about their lives,,, the others talked of how things were for them, how things worked in their lives,,, and as they believed, it was so.

#45961 - 08/12/02 03:19 AM Re: fantasy - or humiliation ?
Broken Offline

Loc: Huntingtun Beach, CA, US
I dont want to start a flame war, so ill drop it, but i felt it needed to be said. I honestly dont trust eddie at all, that is why i felt compelled to post. I just needed to voice my concerns, and honestly i wish you hadnt edited my post. We have to all look out for ourselves, and you can not allow yourself to deny a rational concern that some here are not as they appear to be. I am not certain of anything, but i want my feelings and suspicions to be heard. How other people react to what i say is there business, i am not going to start a flood of crap here, i just want to make a statement and be done with it. I get a creepy vibe from eddies posts, like he is just writing what he thinks he should say based on what others have said. I am not willing to put myself at risk, and i just want to state my opinion for others to hear and judge for themselves.

I will say nothing further, and will no longer respond to eddies posts or replies. This is closed to me. I advise anybody reading to decide for themselves and do the same, i dont want to attack eddie, i just want to voice my concern.

#45962 - 08/12/02 03:42 AM Re: fantasy - or humiliation ?
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: England Shropshire
I believe we are ok again, It's early ans I'me late for work.
But a quick look at my private messages seems like a positive response.
More tonight
Thanks guys
Lloydy

#45963 - 08/12/02 02:01 PM Re: fantasy - or humiliation ?
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
tonight, after I've fixed my broken down truck, I will try to respond to the replies about my origional post.
There have been some great private messages and responses. Thanks for that.
'later
Lloydy \:\)

#45964 - 08/12/02 08:00 PM Re: fantasy - or humiliation ?
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
fixed the truck, battery problems, but it's late so I will read and respond at leisure tommorow, well that's the plan ;\)
Lloydy

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.