Newest Members
JHNebraska, mike42069, JACKL, Personman, SiegmundNYC
12490 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
kb8715 (114), rom2057 (57), terrapin (51)
Who's Online
2 registered (Obi, 1 invisible), 22 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12490 Members
74 Forums
64158 Topics
447696 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#459277 - 01/23/14 02:06 PM Safe Healing Touch
gaatt Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hi y'all,

I was told long ago from at least three reliable sources that healing forms of touch would be good for me. I was specifically told that if I could find a sleeping partner (no sex), it would be good for me. That was 9 years ago.

I've tried all kinds of healing touch modalities (Reiki, Healing Pathways, Quantum Touch) and have had trouble with triggers. So far, there has always been at least one woman in these groups who will seem to use me emotionally to compensate for her crappy relationship. I have trouble setting boundaries on this dynamic. Leaving has been all that's worked so far, but that leaves me isolated. The groups I went to didn't encourage open communication at this level at all. It's often quite subtle but the effect on me can be powerful. Men don't generally relate this way at all. Men-only healing touch groups don't seem to exist. My efforts to find a female sleeping partner (paid or not) have met with very limited results too. They just don't seem to be interested in a connection that is primarily about mutual healing.

Recently I've been looking into "Cuddle Party" (see: www.cuddleparty.com). Have any of you explored this approach to healthy human relations? What else have you found that works?

Sincerely,

GAATT

Edited by gaatt (01/23/14 02:08 PM)

My Story: http://www.malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=468661#Post468661

#459297 - 01/23/14 09:57 PM Re: Safe Healing Touch [Re: gaatt]
bey Offline

Loc: canada
I've done reiki, Bodytalk, therapeutic touch and a massage therapist (all non sexual). I found reiki wasn't for me (I found it unbearable to have someone almost touching me), bodytalk was too weird for me and the therapeutic touch was a bit intense. I still see a massage therapist regularly, which works for me. I have a huge need to be touched all the time (my partner says I'm like an annoying cat), and the massage therapy works for that. My rmt knows about my CSA past and works with other CSA survivors. She's a licenced massage therapist, not a massage parlor kinda thing, that's not for me.
Good luck finding what works for you

Ben

#459330 - 01/24/14 02:33 PM Re: Safe Healing Touch [Re: gaatt]
gaatt Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hi Ben,

Thanks for writing.

I must be a bit of an annoying cat in my community too! Thanks for the metaphor. :-)

I have a cranio-sacral therapist who I hire to give me sessions twice a week. She's good, as far as it goes, but since I'm single there is a longing in me for much more. It can get really challenging to deal with that longing in social situations. My efforts to find an intimate partner haven't worked so far.

Thanks for your wishes of luck.

Sincerely,

"GAATT"

Edited by gaatt (01/28/14 02:20 PM)

My Story: http://www.malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=468661#Post468661

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.