Newest Members
MJ545, Marant, BeingFound, journey4two, VASurvivor
12331 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cricket453 (60)
Who's Online
4 registered (Obi, HD001, 2 invisible), 19 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12331 Members
74 Forums
63410 Topics
443335 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#459195 - 01/22/14 05:40 PM Introduction
dlg05602 Offline

I'm glad I found a forum for me to start my journey exploring and addressing sexual incidents from my past. I am in my mid-50's and had 2 episodes, one when when I was an adolescent and an asssault when I was in my 20's. I have never addressed these issues that have had a profound impact on my life, not all negative and traumatic. Althought the incidents themselves were, they are also a component of the man I developed into. I cannot look at these uncomfortable issues without the balance of seeing that they may have influenced things in me which are healthy. I think these experiences have given me empathy and compassion for others who have had similar experiences or may have been caused others harm. I hope this forum may give me a place to start telling my story and looking at it. In many ways, I am still an awkward and scared little boy who does not know what to do with this.

#459200 - 01/22/14 08:05 PM Re: Introduction [Re: dlg05602]
DavoSwim Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Iowa, USA
dlg,

Welcome to MS. I hope that you will be able to find support, and healing now that you have joined. I am sorry that the experiences in your life have brought you here, but it is a pleasure to meet you. I have been part of MS for about a year, and it has been vital to my recovery, and I hope the same holds true for you. Each of us here has our own unique story, and at the same time, there is much similarity which bonds us together. Take your healing journey at your speed and please take care of yourself on the way. Again, welcome to the club.

Dave

#459215 - 01/22/14 10:15 PM Re: Introduction [Re: dlg05602]
gettingstronger Offline

Loc: Virginia
Hi dlg,

Welcome! You've come to the right place, at least in my estimation. There's an enormous amount of information here, between the posts, the chat room, and the Healing Circles (just for starters.) There are also thousands of guys in your situation who understand exactly where you're coming from. Take things as you can, at your own pace, and see what there is here to offer.

Bob

#459218 - 01/22/14 10:46 PM Re: Introduction [Re: dlg05602]
KMCINVA Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Welcome. I found your words to be inspirational-compassion for others but at the same time you are looking to understand what happened to you. You have made a great step in coming here--sharing and opening up about the abuse.

I believe many victims have compassion for other victims but cannot extend this compassion to themselves. I know I was this way--I thought it was my fault. Now I know it was not.

Please share as you feel comfortable. Take your time and feel safe. Thank you for sharing.

Kevin

#459231 - 01/23/14 05:04 AM Re: Introduction [Re: dlg05602]
victor-victim Offline

Loc: O Kanada
dlg05602, welcome aboard the ship of survivors, striving to thrive, living alive.

always room for a awkward and scared little boy disguised as a wise old man.

that makes two of us smile

War
Love
Poetry

#459256 - 01/23/14 10:45 AM Re: Introduction [Re: dlg05602]
OCN Offline

Loc: Western Europe
Welcome dlg

A very inspiring and insightful first post. You seem to have done work previous to coming here. You allready recognize that the sexual incidents have influenced you both negatively and positively. That's a great insight imho!

So read on and find your answers or questions.. we're here to listen to you, talk to you and share our feelings!

May you have a safe and inspiring journey!

Pieter

#459258 - 01/23/14 10:55 AM Re: Introduction [Re: dlg05602]
Chase Eric Offline
MaleSurvivor

Welcome, dlg. I, too, had the misfortune of both pre-adolescent/adolescent sexual abuse and a single incident in my twenties. For a long time I never looked back at these until a seemingly unrelated issue I seeked therapy for revealed these huge boulders under the surface of the water as the reason my boat always sank. You may also find, as I did, that the earlier abuse set you up like a bowling pin for the later episode. Continue to share - it's affirming, healing, and an amazing journey...

Click my pic to see why I'm here

Moderator:  ModTeam, Publius, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.