Newest Members
Stormchaser, johnnyc717, bluebook, Roscoe, SJC
12314 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
iwishicared (41), Scott Oliver (53), TutDaVinci (32)
Who's Online
5 registered (Landscape, tbkkfile, 3 invisible), 21 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12314 Members
74 Forums
63367 Topics
443103 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#459226 - 01/23/14 03:45 AM Life with God and Life Without God
nltsaved Offline

Loc: Kc,Mo
This is what the lord put on my heart to write tonight . Use it how ever you may see fit. Reject it ponder it what ever you want with it . Just trying to share in my healing and what I have recently found in journey of healing

The lord plainly tells us how those who follow his will and his way will fair. I can attest to this in my own life and one only has to look no further than their own life to discover the truth in this. Take a look at your life before you made a commitment to follow Gods will and his way in your life. The difference is dramatically different . It should look like something from Jeremiah 17: 5-11 & Psalms 1 . Let me show you what I mean , I will take it apart in bits.

Quote:
Cursed is the one who trusts in man,who draws strength from mere flesh

This was before the commitment walking around cursed in the flesh trusting in only yourself ,we can only take things so far and being in the flesh we made decisions based on the flesh for the flesh we fed our appetites what ever tasted good what ever smelt good what ever felt good a continual feeding of the flesh and the thing about the flesh is that is it is NEVER satisfied always a thirst for more never quenched.

Quote:
and whose heart turns away from the Lord.

The lord is always knocking on the doors of our heart ,our conscience is constantly giving us subtle hints of his majesty and presence. We turn our hearts away from him . He sends people that tried to open our eyes there have been moments of weakness where we are lonely and question and maybe even speak to him as if he is in the room with us and yet in the end turned our hearts away from him.

Quote:
That person will be like a bush in the wastelands

We found ourselves like a bush in the wastelands meaning always thirsting for water and that water being THE LIVING WATER Christ Jesus . We where always in dry land in our lives never fulfilled always thirsting for something more than what we had but never receiving it.

Quote:
they will not see prosperity when it comes

Prosperity was always out of reach even if we sold drugs or had nice things what ever we had it was not a prosperous way of living our minds where not prosperous our hearts our physical you name it everything was just out of reach of this real prosperity. Prosperity in the sense of peace joy contentment and like I said there was nothing really truly prosperous in our lives that we could really hang our hat on. On the outside maybe having the appearance of being prosperous in our phony facade but that was only the appearance on the inside was a whole other story. I sold drugs i had money i had the car the clothes only the appearance of being prosperous but on the inside i was battling suicidal thoughts and dealing with the aftermath of being sexually abused and the childhood that was forever changing from house to house to house and so on. But on the outside I had the facade of prosperity but it was always out of reach . I watch others around me live prosperous in some aspects so I could see that it indeed did exist but i could never really see it for myself.

Quote:
They will dwell in the parched places of the desert, in a salt land where no one lives.

Is this not the life once lived without Christ? Is this not the life apart from him and the life that was lived always wondering the desert but in our disobedience like those in the wilderness for 40 yrs. The Psalms also talk about what it is like for those who walk according to the flesh and their own will.

Quote:
4 Not so the wicked They are like chaff that the wind blows away. 5 Therefore the wicked will not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the assembly of the righteous.

We were always set apart from the righteous we where the people that did not have Christ and we might even of resented "those" people that did have Christ . They Always seemed prosperous they seemed happier and just in a better place. Always thinking they where better than everyone else or is it just that they where living a different life than we where they where living the life we wished we had but really in our worldliness did not know how or understand how to obtain that life . I believe it was envy when it all boils down to it .Now lets look at those who commit to follow Gods will and his way. I can see this in my own life and it is undeniable. When I chose to commit to follow his will and his way for my life these scriptures come alive in a fantastic way that proves without a shadow of a doubt that The lord God is who he says he is and he will do what he says he will do. He has let us know all through scripture.

Quote:
7 But blessed is the one who trusts in the Lord

When I Began to trust in the lord and not in my own strength knowing i had tried everything trusting in man and trusting in self and it led me to nothing more than more and more heartache and pain i finally started to see a difference in even the smallest of areas in my life. I was no longer depending on my limited strength but exchanged my own limited strength for the unlimited strength that comes in trusting in the god.

Quote:
whose confidence is in him

Now my confidence was no longer in my own limited abilities but my confidence was in him and who better than to have confidence in than the creator of all of the universe and everything it ? My confidence began to grow because I no longer had to depend on myself to make things happen on my own understanding.

Quote:
8 They will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream.

I love this because the closer and closer i began to walk with the lord the more my roots would go down deep into the soil meaning that my foundation of Christ is solid the roots have to go down deep to be able to withstand the droughts of life that inevitably come. Always next to the Living water who supplies these roots during the drought during the winter seasons during the times of testing .

Quote:
It does not fear when heat comes;its leaves are always green.

There is no longer fear when the heat of life comes because of the eternal hope I have in Christ Jesus not the worldly hope i used to have which basically was wishful thinking always hoping things would get better but under the curse of walking in my own flesh was never obtainable. The hope in Christ Jesus is a confidence a hope of knowing not if things where going to change but a peaceful knowing that things will change because of this hope in Christ Jesus. The fear that comes from this world is only to keep you from realizing your potential in Christ for God did not put the spirit of fear in man. My leaves are always green . I do not have to put up a phony facade any longer my leaves are green . I am transparent all my past hurts failures are now covered in the blood of Christ I am free from all my shackles. I can walk in the newness of Christ meaning no one can even bring up my past because that is exactly what it is and it will stay that way. I have a new nature I am born again and excepting walking in the newness of Christ My leaves are green all the time even in the midst of a drought because I am firmly rooted and grounded in Christ planted next to the stream of living water.

Quote:
It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit.

No matter what season of my life is in I will bear fruit because I am constantly relentlessly striving for the higher call in Christ Jesus and knowing that no matter what is going on in my life that I realize there is a chance to show gods glory in any situation or circumstances. Not just quoting scripture but truly believing it standing on it and living it out. I can bear fruit because any and every situation or circumstance is a learning and growing experience there is a reason and a purpose for the trial for the testing . I know it is all refinement and a necessity to be able to bear more fruit. A tree must be pruned in order to bear more fruit understanding. The times of pruning will be hard they will hurt but I know the fruit that i already have is about to go through a change in order to bear even more fruit. Not only for my sake but for others to be able to eat from this fruit.

Quote:
9 The heart is deceitful above all things and beyond cure Who can understand it 10 “I the Lord search the heart and examine the mind to reward each person according to their
conduct, according to what their deeds deserve.

There is nothing I can do and there is nowhere i can go to hide from the lord God . Because he does not look at the outside he sees past the phony facade he sees past the front . He See's the heart and knows that if i am not changing on the inside than i am wasting my time his time and others time. He sees my mind and my heart so there is no reason not to be transparent as a Christian . I do not have to hide under a veil because knowing the heart is wicked and this is precisely why i need him in my life to continually cleanse me daily minute by minute sometimes . Commitment to God in the Psalms also goes on to say.

Quote:
1 Blessed is the one who does not walk in step with the wicked

Choosing to willfully not walk IN STEP with the wicked . I remember walking in step with the wicked because I was one of them. But now when you choose to commit to no longer walk in this manner you choose to walk away from the wicked and walk towards Christ walking instep with Christ if you are not walking with Christ you are walking away from him. Now instead of being cursed you find yourself blessed.

Quote:
or stand in the way that sinners take or sit in the company of mockers,

This is a hard concept to deal with no longer standing in the way of sinners . We have a choice to follow Christ and so do those who want to live the live apart from him. We can not stand in their way and shout condemnation at them . This is a true misrepresentation of Christ. Christ was very honest and he did not stand in the way of those who did not want to follow him. In fact scripture plainly tells us many left because his teachings where hard

Quote:
John 6:66 From this time many of his disciples turned back and no longer followed him.

The man asked Jesus what must i do to be saved and this was a statement specifically to this man because Jesus knew his heart in

Quote:
Matthew 19:16-30 and after Jesus told him what he must do the man turned away.

You do not find anywhere in scripture of Christ begging people and pleading and more importantly you did not see Christ misrepresenting his heavenly father by insulting and putting people down in ways that where meant to make them feel less than. So not standing in the way of sinners of whom we once where is crucial. You are also choosing not to involve yourself sitting around with the mockers of whom you where formally also. Remember now you are blessed to be following Christ and are excited to follow his will and way because of what he is laying out before you.
Quote:

2 but whose delight is in the law of the Lord, and who meditates on his law day and night.

A Christian whose delight is in the law of the lord will meditate on his law day and night because there is instruction there a leading an a guiding that comes from the word of God. For man can not live on bread alone but by every word that precedes out of the mouth of God. It is not a chore it is a delight . You do not look at the word as a bunch of rules and regulations but you delight in Gods law because you know and understand there is power and life in doing so . You understand it is here to protect us not restrict us . So it is exciting to follow Gods word his commands not because it is being barked out at you but because there is a peace and blessings that come along with being obedient to the word of God not to mention his protection.

Quote:
That person is like a tree planted by streams of water,which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither, whatever they do prospers.

Instead of always being on the outside looking in at others prosperity every thing you do prospers because the lord is involved in your doings . You are bearing fruit in and out of season and your leaves are yet again never withering . This should make you excited knowing these are Gods words telling you what he will do when you do delight in his law when you do commit to follow him and even if you do not feel all of this you can trust in God and not man you can put your confidence in God not man or self. You do not have to go off of your feelings because it is not about your feelings it is about Gods promises. I an see all through my life sense i began this walk over 12 yrs ago how he has held true to this . From living very well and prosperous not just material things but mentally , spiritually, physically, financially. I truly believe that God will do this when you delight in his law and seek him with your full heart. The people that only put half into it never come into the realization of these truths there will be many who say they walk the walk but all they are known for is talking a good talk but blowing away when the storms of this life happen. Fighting for custody for 2 of my kids leaned on the lord put confidence in him when all things where relentlessly coming at me and my wife. Leaning and putting confidence in the lord when my daughter born with down syndrome came into this world and again through all of her surgeries on her ears and nose and having open heart surgery. My mother dying being able to stand and go through it with the strength and might of the lord . Being prospered from one house to another and job to another now in a place of great financial stability making more money than most people with degrees and i do not have so much as a high school diploma. Going on the Oprah show and being empowered by standing up for others who have been sexually abused was all orchestrated by God . The Kansas city star doing the article on me and my sexual abuse was all orchestrated by God and also was empowering an freeing for not only me but others. It truly is not about me it is about his promises it is about what God has done and continues to do what he says he will do. I boast not in myself but in him because there is no glory what so ever to be found in my self we already covered what that looks like trusting in self that is. Has this walk been easy hell no i will plainly and truthfully tell you but God in his majesty and wisdom gives me just enough to go through what ever it is i need to go through to get to the next level of perfection. Not that I have obtained this as Paul states but always striving for that higher calling in Christ Jesus .

Quote:
6 For the Lord watches over the way of the righteous, but the way of the wicked leads to destruction.

I have only been able to achieve these things because the lord watches over me he watches over the righteous. Yes i said it i am righteous because HE says so I choose to delight in his law and choose do follow him and not myself because I also know and understand that the wicked life leads to destruction and i have first hand knowledge of this being true also. Every thing I acknowledge is because of him. His death burial and resurrection on my behalf makes me righteous when i excepted him and his forgiveness. I am only righteous because HE says so. I have shown you what life with God is like and what Life is like without but you do not have to take my word for it read it for yourself in its entirety and than live it out

Quote:
Jeremiah 17: 5-11

5 This is what the Lord says:

“Cursed is the one who trusts in man,
who draws strength from mere flesh
and whose heart turns away from the Lord.
6 That person will be like a bush in the wastelands;
they will not see prosperity when it comes.
They will dwell in the parched places of the desert,
in a salt land where no one lives.

7 “But blessed is the one who trusts in the Lord,
whose confidence is in him.
8 They will be like a tree planted by the water
that sends out its roots by the stream.
It does not fear when heat comes;
its leaves are always green.
It has no worries in a year of drought
and never fails to bear fruit.”

9 The heart is deceitful above all things
and beyond cure.
Who can understand it?

10 “I the Lord search the heart
and examine the mind,
to reward each person according to their conduct,
according to what their deeds deserve.”

11 Like a partridge that hatches eggs it did not lay
are those who gain riches by unjust means.
When their lives are half gone, their riches will desert them,
and in the end they will prove to be fools.

Quote:
Psalm 1

1 Blessed is the one
who does not walk in step with the wicked
or stand in the way that sinners take
or sit in the company of mockers,
2 but whose delight is in the law of the Lord,
and who meditates on his law day and night.
3 That person is like a tree planted by streams of water,
which yields its fruit in season
and whose leaf does not wither—
whatever they do prospers.

4 Not so the wicked!
They are like chaff
that the wind blows away.
5 Therefore the wicked will not stand in the judgment,
nor sinners in the assembly of the righteous.

6 For the Lord watches over the way of the righteous,
but the way of the wicked leads to destruction.

Edited by nltsaved (01/23/14 03:47 AM)
you are not alone never were
WRITTEN FORM
http://www.malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=339159#Post339159
Why i hate Religion but love Jesus
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IAhDGYlpqY

#459276 - 01/23/14 01:58 PM Re: Life with God and Life Without God [Re: nltsaved]
victor-victim Offline

Loc: O Kanada
PSALM 14 speaks to me as a fool and a sinner.

1 To the choirmaster. Of David. The fool says in his heart, "There is no God."
They are corrupt, they do abominable deeds, there is none that does good.
2 The LORD looks down from heaven upon the children of men,
to see if there are any that act wisely, that seek after God.
3 They have all gone astray, they are all alike corrupt;
there is none that does good, no, not one.
4 Have they no knowledge, all the evildoers who eat up my people as they eat bread,
and do not call upon the LORD?
5 There they shall be in great terror,
for God is with the generation of the righteous.
6 You would confound the plans of the poor,
but the LORD is his refuge.
7 O that deliverance for Israel would come out of Zion!
When the LORD restores the fortunes of his people, Jacob shall rejoice, Israel shall be glad.

i am a fool.
i am corrupt.
i do abominable deeds.
i do not good.
i do not act wisely.
i have gone astray.
i have no knowledge.
i am in great terror.

i come to my creator with these thoughts in my mind,
and stand before him in shame and disgrace and humility.
i put my forehead to the floor and feel these thoughts fly.
i say "father, please forgive me, i am a fool, i have sinned, please grant me wisdom to understand your will"
the holy spirit blows the doubts and fears away, and they scatter like dust in the wind, as if they never were.
and the grace of god shines like the sun behind the storm.
and it all makes sense for a moment.
then i thank my creator and get up.
renewed, recharged, reborn, repeat as required.

glory to god!
in jesus name it works!

and the behaviour improves.
and the mood improves.
and the improvements accumulate,
all these incremental steps have been as solid as stone.
each one stacking on the last,
compounding into a new firm foundation,
a new personality and lifestyle,
built on stable ground, not on shifting sands,
not sinking in stinking swampwater, not mired in muck and mud.

and everything is better than ever.
and it just keeps getting better.

hallelujah! praise jhvh.
through the power of the holy spirit,
and by the grace of god,
and through the blood of Christ,
i have been successfully reprogrammed.

i feel like a flower basking in sunshine, drinking in rain.
i feel like a butterfly emerging from a cocoon.

if you crush a flower, you release the fragrance.
if you catch a butterfly, you display the beauty.

"You may break, you may shatter the vase if you will,
but the scent of the roses will hang round it still
."
     ~ Thomas Moore

"The butterfly emerges from its silken shell - Reborn, it arises, no longer bound to earth.
Free at last, the butterfly glides to heights unknown before
."
     ~ Evelyn Phillips

War
Love
Poetry

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.