Newest Members
KidQuick, Bob51, derekjw, Trina, BreakingSilence
12707 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
george of kent (77), HarborSeeker (50), locknbar (31), russo (36), Stewdawg (53), TM (45)
Who's Online
2 registered (iaccus, 1 invisible), 23 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12707 Members
75 Forums
65341 Topics
456977 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#463564 - 04/02/14 11:55 AM Re: help. [Re: victor-victim]
CafeMan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Chicago
Great post. I have been bumping up my prayers lately and I noticed two things. One, my sense of being is calmer, and I am more at peace with myself. Two, great things are starting to happen to me! It's about time!

-Nick

#463570 - 04/02/14 06:31 PM Re: help. [Re: victor-victim]
nltsaved Offline

Loc: Kc,Mo
Do not Ever think that you are unworthy of God's love and affection. The Truth is none of us can do anything at all to be worthy ,we are already counted worthy because what Christ did for us. So there is Nothing we have done and Nothing we can do EVER to merit our worthiness. You are worthy not because I said so but because Christ said so on the cross. Nothing and I mean Nothing can separate you for the love of Christ EVER Nothing can snatch you out of his Hand. If you ever find yourself condemning yourself for falling short for sin in your life do not convince yourself that you are unworthy of Redemption because you have been Redeemed already do not convince yourself that you are not worthy because you have already been declared worthy. If you have grieved the holy spirit than repent and turn away from what ever is grieving the spirit of God within you. Do not be the reason you feel you are separated from God you can Not go off of your feelings because they are unreliable ,but what you can do is Stand firm on every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God and hold every thought captive and bring it into captivity to test whether it is of God or not from God and if it is not than reject it and cast it out. You are fearfully and wonderfully made by creator God and he loves you always has always will . Do not let the enemy convince you otherwise !!
you are not alone never were
WRITTEN FORM
http://www.malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=339159#Post339159
Why i hate Religion but love Jesus
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IAhDGYlpqY

#477858 - 02/24/15 02:49 AM Let me get home before dark [Re: nltsaved]
victor-victim Offline

Loc: O Kanada
Let Me Get Home Before Dark

Itís sundown, Lord.
The shadows of my life stretch back
into the dimness of the years long spent.
I fear not death, for that grim foe betrays himself at last, thrusting me forever into life:
Life with You, unsoiled and free.
But I do fear.
I fear the Dark Spectre may come too soon Ė or do I mean, too late?
That I should end before I finish
or finish, but not well.
That I should stain Your honor, shame Your name, grieve Your loving heart.
Few, they tell me, finish well . . .
Lord, let me get home before dark.
The darkness of a spirit grown mean and small, fruit shriveled on the vine,
bitter to the taste of my companions,
burden to be borne by those brave few who love me still.
No, Lord. Let the fruit grow lush and sweet, A joy to all who taste;
Spirit-sign of God at work,
stronger, fuller, brighter at the end.
The darkness of tattered gifts,
rust-locked, half-spent or ill-spent,
A life that once was used of God
now set aside.
Grief for glories gone or
Fretting for a task God never gave.
Mourning in the hollow chambers of memory,
Gazing on the faded banners of victories long gone.
Cannot I run well unto the end?
The outer me decays -
I do not fret or ask reprieve.
The ebbing strength but weans me from mother earth and grows me up for heaven.
I do not cling to shadows cast by immortality.
I do not patch the scaffold lent to build the real, eternal me.
I do not clutch about me my cocoon,
vainly struggling to hold hostage
a free spirit pressing to be born.
But will I reach the gate
in lingering pain, body distorted, grotesque?
Or will it be a mind
wandering untethered among light
phantasies or grim terrors?
Of Your grace, Father, I humbly ask. . .
Let me get home before dark.

Robertson McQuilkin

War
Love
Poetry

#480310 - 04/05/15 02:02 AM Re: the power of prayer [Re: victor-victim]
victor-victim Offline

Prayer is an essential part of our ceremonies. It is the aspiration of the soul toward the Absolute and Infinite Intelligence, which is the One Supreme Deity, most feebly and misunderstandingly characterized as an architect. Certain faculties of man are directed toward the Unknown ó thought, meditation, prayer. The unknown is an ocean, of which conscience is the compass. Thought, meditation, prayer, are the great mysterious pointings of the needle. It is a spiritual magnetism that thus connects the human soul with the Deity. These majestic irradiations of the soul pierce through the shadow toward the light.
It is but a shallow scoff to say that prayer is absurd, because it is not possible for us, by means of it, to persuade God to change His plans. He produces foreknown and foreintended effects, by the instrumentality of the forces of nature, all of which are His forces. Our own are part of these. Our free agency and our will are forces. We do not absurdly cease to make efforts to attain wealth or happiness, prolong life, and continue health, because we cannot by any effort change what is predestined. If the effort also is predestined, it is not the less our effort, made of our free will.

Albert Pike- Morals and Dogma

Now I lay me down to sleep.
My bomb-proof cellarís good and deep.
But if Iím killed before I wake,
Remember, God, itís for your sake.
Amen.

Dalton Trumbo - Johnny Got His Gun

War
Love
Poetry

#481810 - 05/06/15 04:04 AM Re: the power of prayer [Re: victor-victim]
victor-victim Offline

CAN I BE ANGRY AT GOD?
Can I express anger in prayer?
We live in an era when many people approve - even encourage - expression of negative feelings and emotions (as cathartic), but complaining in prayer or articulating anger against God still makes many of us very uncomfortable. Perhaps such expression of angel touches close to something deeply ingrained in us from an early age.
CRY OUT TO GOD IN OUR NEED
Psalms of Lament
By JOHN C. ENDRES

http://www.theway.org.uk/CryOutToGod.pdf

1. Tell God your feelings in prayer. He knows them already, so why hide what youíre thinking?
2. Find places in scripture where people lamented to God and were STILL blessed and used greatly. The bible is FULL of laments and curses.
3. Be real with other people in your life. Let them know times you were angry and how you got through it.
4. Find the ďSilver LiningĒ and focus on that. After youíre done telling God how angry you are, ask Him to show you the silver lining.
4 WAYS TO GET MAD AT GOD
By REBECCA BENDER

http://www.rebeccabender.org/blog/2015/4/21/4-ways-to-get-mad-at-god

Inability to be honest in our relationships results in shallowness or alienation. Loving relationships which have been marred by anger can only be restored when that anger is expressed. This requires the ability to admit that love and hate co-exist in the same relationships. Indeed, growth in love requires that we recognize the existence of its opposite. Every real human relationship encompasses moments of tenderness and joy as well as outbursts of irritation and even hatred.
The same holds true for our relationship with God.
Even as we seek to love and serve him we experience moments of indifference, anger, hatred. If we deny our conflicting feelings we run the risk of alienating ourselves from God for whom we yearn. In an enigmatic kind of way, expressing anger at God becomes an affirmation of his existence and of our need to worship him.
GOD DAMN GOD
A Reflection on Expressing Anger in Prayer
by SHIELA CARNEY

https://drive.google.com/file/GodDamnGod/view

I go up against him, I shake my fist, I froth with rage, but itís still a way of telling him heís there, that he exists, that heís never the same twice, that denial itself is an offering to his grandeur. The shout becomes a prayer in spite of me.
"0 God, be with me when I have need of you, but above all donít leave me when I deny you."
I have a personal prayer, too, made just for me.
This one: "0 God, give me the strength to sin against you, to oppose your will! Give me the strength to deny you, reject you, imprison you, ridicule you!"
Thatís my prayer.
THE TOWN BEYOND THE WALL
God-tormented, God-intoxicated
by ELIE WIESEL

http://www.enotes.com/topics/elie-wiesel/critical-essays
https://www.kirkusreviews.com/book-reviews/elie-wiesel/town-beyond-the-wall/
https://books.google.ca/books/TownBeyondTheWall

Give me a heart that resonates to sorrow,
Beats fast when autumn wind
Blows my face in the slow-dying day.
Give me a heart that hears
When grief talks to itself.
I need no lump of stone
But a heart that can bleed.
Better tears of blood
Than coldness to pain.

~ Sister Bernetta Quinn

War
Love
Poetry

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.