Newest Members
0128, jeremywickers, JScott12, TMatti2, DaiseyLady
12502 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
asdude1981 (33), Avery46 (51), hans32 (46), jean-noel (49), Kirk (59), Kirk Wayne (59), Mechanical (21), OldTrafford (50)
Who's Online
3 registered (traveler, 2 invisible), 14 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12502 Members
74 Forums
64192 Topics
447956 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#458950 - 01/19/14 05:28 PM Books for better love and sex for heterosexual men
justplainme Offline

Anybody have any recommendations? Lately i see how false the ideas i used to have about love and sex are. I need some recommendations on good material to absorb! Any ideas fellow survivors? I would sure be grateful if you can point me in the direction of any good books, video tapes or others you have encountered. Lately i am getting much better in my sex life, but at the same time i do not want my brainwashed regressed areas to affect any woman i have plans of being with, hence the need for new software for my hardware jajajaja!

"Survivors need an opportunity to define their own sexuality in their own terms, rather than in reaction to the abuse, so that they stop allowing their offenders to have power over them sexually."

#459046 - 01/20/14 08:53 PM Re: Books for better love and sex for heterosexual men [Re: justplainme]
Rustam Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: UK
It is not for hetro men in particular but check out the Sexual healing journey, its sold on amazon through this site. It has been around quite a few years, it is for any survivor male or female but some of the stuff may be of help. I cannot think of anything else right now.
Good luck with the new software.

#459110 - 01/21/14 04:44 PM Re: Books for better love and sex for heterosexual men [Re: justplainme]
Jude Offline

Loc: New England
Left here on my own or so it seems
I've got to leave before I start to scream
Joe Cocker

#459172 - 01/22/14 10:57 AM Re: Books for better love and sex for heterosexual men [Re: Jude]
txb Offline

Thanks for those. I'll look out for them.

My girlfriend has the Sexual Healing Journey book. I can't say I like it very much. I usually like books that have comments from real people, but at the start of this book it says that some of the real people comments have just been made up from the authors experience. I just find that really off putting. I found the book briefly describes a whole lot of problems you might have, but then doesn't really go into much depth. It's got some practical stuff you are supposed to do, mostly stuff to do with relearning that touch is good. I'm not sure it's exactly what you are looking for but it might still be worth a read though.

#459173 - 01/22/14 11:13 AM Re: Books for better love and sex for heterosexual men [Re: justplainme]
victor-victim Offline

Loc: O Kanada
i really got a lot out of
"What Every Woman Should Know About Men"
by Dr. Joyce Brothers.

it was written for women obviously,
but if you want insight into the cultural divide between men and women... this will help.
it helped me understand me,
it helped me understand my wife,
and it really had a positive influence on my marriage (23rd anniversary this year).
it is not specifically about sex, but let's face it...
when the relationship is good, the sex is great!

the book is dated 1981 and may not be modern enough for you,
but i still recommend it and i still read it.

i leave you with this quote from the intro to the book...

"As far as male and female are concerned, difference is a biological fact, whereas equality is a political, ethical and social concept. No rule of nature or of social organization says that the sexes have to be the same or do the same thing in order to be social, political and economic equals."

War
Love
Poetry

#459230 - 01/23/14 04:55 AM Re: Books for better love and sex for heterosexual men [Re: justplainme]
justplainme Offline

Great recommendations people! Much Obliged!

"Survivors need an opportunity to define their own sexuality in their own terms, rather than in reaction to the abuse, so that they stop allowing their offenders to have power over them sexually."

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.