Newest Members
JLB, MrsC, wraphd, blufish, JPmc
12437 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
carperson (26), Daryoush (59), Gary31 (48), Overburdened78 (33), scaredcrappie (29), ThomasO (63), Wornoutsoul (38), WRR (34), zakwilde005 (45)
Who's Online
3 registered (wiresguy1, 2 invisible), 20 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12437 Members
74 Forums
63847 Topics
445821 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#458705 - 01/16/14 03:49 AM UN panel to hear Vatican over child sex abuse
peroperic2009 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: South-East Europe
"Vatican officials are expected to face tough questions from the UN on the sexual abuse of thousands of children by Roman Catholic clergy.

The Vatican refused an earlier request for information, saying the cases were the responsibility of the judiciary of countries where abuse took place.

The Pope has said dealing with abuse is vital for the Church's credibility."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-25748952

#458750 - 01/16/14 04:36 PM Re: UN panel to hear Vatican over child sex abuse [Re: peroperic2009]
Castle Offline

Loc: NJ
The organization of "the Church" , in this case the RCC, have lots of words and statements about change and rights....however, they continuously hold documents and legally fight to protect the disclosure of their own documents in regards to abuse and perpetrators. Actions speak louder than words.

My posts can self destruct at any time..read them while you can.

#458764 - 01/16/14 09:27 PM Re: UN panel to hear Vatican over child sex abuse [Re: peroperic2009]
GT13568 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: California
Pero, I too saw this on the BBC. Later today CNN posted a pretty thorough report on the meeting of Vatican officials with UN representatives.

I'm disappointed, yet hopeful. Francis seems to have his heart in the right place, but he is playing it "safe" it seems to me, and weaseling out of confronting the responsibility of the Church for this horror.

Thanks for posting this.

GT

#458773 - 01/16/14 11:23 PM Re: UN panel to hear Vatican over child sex abuse [Re: peroperic2009]
Castle Offline

Loc: NJ
I'm trying to understand "having his heart in the right place" while they confine to fight in court for the release of documents pertaining to abuse.

This isn't really theological based but a business afraid of lawsuits for illegal actions. If we add in the moral component of the hierarchy of the organization, where arts thier moral standings to the boys and girls hurt? Does freeing them by giving them what they need, isn't that the moral play instead of hiring lawyers and fighting survivors in court.

I'm certainly confused about the words they say, even today's, and the actions they use which are totally opposite to those words.

My posts can self destruct at any time..read them while you can.

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.