Newest Members
Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy, wiresguy1
12278 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
carter (51), CAW1980 (34), Fissy Tsickens (53), Kris (52), Wheatthins (23)
Who's Online
5 registered (Hopein14, 86, tbkkfile, 2 invisible), 17 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12278 Members
73 Forums
63171 Topics
441739 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#458451 - 01/11/14 04:17 AM a good article on trans/genderqueer identity
Jacob S Offline
MaleSurvivor

A really good letter/article on what it means to identify as genderqueer. I identify as male but I think it is important to allow people to not be squished into that dichotomy if they don't want to be. This article talks about real world ways of doing that.

[Link removed. Contains material inappropriate for Malesurvivor.]

edit: If anyone is interested, you just need google "coming out genderqueer: an open letter." The article itself is not inappropriate, it was the ads on the site. That's my bad. I surf with a pretty robust ad-blocker so they didn't show up for me.

Edited by Jacob S (01/15/14 02:30 AM)
all the people he can trust.
Like the one who stands behind him
cheering him on
Estatic when he stands defiant,
wild with abandon when he's gone

just stay alive.
do whatever you need to.
you are worth it.

#458468 - 01/11/14 02:12 PM Re: a good article on trans/genderqueer identity [Re: Jacob S]
Ever-fixed Mark Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States
A good article to help us educate ourselves, thanks Jacob. I've also been thinking a lot about Intersexed people since somewhere between 1 in 1,500 to 1 in 2,000 births are intersexed children.

Many parents give their intersexed children surgery when they are babies and raise them as the gender they *guess/hope* is the one the child will identify with. In many cases the parents are tragically wrong and have multilated their child, robbed them of their own choice, and set them up for a lifetime of psychological problems.

It's so important for people to be able to find out and define who they are rather than letting others do it.

-efm

Everybody here's got a story to tell
Everybody's been through their own hell
There's nothing too special about getting hurt
Getting over it, that takes the work

- "Duck and Cover" by Glen Phillips

#458485 - 01/11/14 09:55 PM Re: a good article on trans/genderqueer identity [Re: Jacob S]
Jude Offline

Loc: New England
One of the so called "dirty stories" Sinclair Sexsmith has on his site is titled: "The Boy at Summer Camp". A brief reading confirms my fears of it depicting a sexual relationship between an adult and another person being repeatedly referred to as a "boy". Please take it down.

Edited by Jude (01/12/14 06:53 PM)
Edit Reason: revised description of story
....it's life's illusions I recall, I really don't know life at all. "
Joni Mitchell

#458498 - 01/12/14 03:26 AM Re: a good article on trans/genderqueer identity [Re: Jude]
Jacob S Offline
MaleSurvivor

just to be clear, they are both adults. now that I've been reading the site for a few minutes, their relationship may be a little unconventional but they both seem happy and it is kind of beautiful to see how they are making a happy life for themselves. I am glad people have the ability (and hopefully the freedom) to decide for themselves what they call each other.

Edited by Jacob S (01/17/14 04:54 AM)
all the people he can trust.
Like the one who stands behind him
cheering him on
Estatic when he stands defiant,
wild with abandon when he's gone

just stay alive.
do whatever you need to.
you are worth it.

#458618 - 01/14/14 09:56 PM Re: a good article on trans/genderqueer identity [Re: Jacob S]
ModTeam Offline
MaleSurvivor

Upon review of the webpage by site management, it was deemed necessary to remove mainly because of advertisements on the webpage. The advertisements were the first items noticed just at a glance, and therefore the first reason for removal. No further review of the webpage was deemed necessary at this point.
Private messages sent to this account are checked irregularly due to personnel and time constraints. Please send messages to one of the moderators for the forum that is concerned by user name, or if there is no named moderator, send a PM to any moderator.

#458696 - 01/15/14 11:38 PM Re: a good article on trans/genderqueer identity [Re: Jacob S]
Jude Offline

Loc: New England
For those who want more insight into transgenderism:

The Transgender Support Site

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.