Newest Members
susanhepp, Breathe, georgetwo, frozen45, lilac
12291 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Guillermo (37), illbedat (26), Mike58 (56), Mnovit (38), Mongo (24), pwdasw (64), Raymond Sean (38), yesac76 (38)
Who's Online
5 registered (5 invisible), 26 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12291 Members
73 Forums
63233 Topics
442178 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#433147 - 05/01/13 11:57 AM Men's Disclosure Experience Study
Chris Anderson Offline
Executive Director
MaleSurvivor
Loc: New York
Volunteers needed for Menís Disclosure Experiences study!

You may be eligible to participate in a research study if you:
∑ Were biological male at birth and currently identify as male;
∑ Are age 19 or older;
∑ Self-identify as a sexual minority (e.g., identify as gay,
bisexual, queer);
∑ Have experienced an unwanted or violent sexual experience as an adult (there will be brief survey questions regarding this experience);
∑ Have told someone else about an unwanted sexual experience
(e.g., doctor, therapist, police officer, family member, friend);
∑ Are willing to discuss the experiences of telling someone else about an unwanted sexual experience in a private, one-on-one interview that is audio-recorded.

The study involves answering some screening questions (see below) to determine eligibility, and then a one hour one-on-one Skype interview, if you are eligible.

Interview will include questions about your sexual orientation; unwanted or violent sexual experiences; what it was like to disclose these assaults to others; and your current mental and physical health. Interview participants will be compensated with a $30 Amazon giftcard
for their time.

To complete the screening survey online, please go to this link
https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/disclosurescreening https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/disclosurescreening

To complete the screening survey by phone, or for additional information on the study, please contact Michelle Jackson at (617) 506-3765 or
majackson1@suffolk.edu.

This study is offered through the Department of Psychology at Suffolk University.

Principal Investigator:
Michelle Jackson, M.A.
Suffolk University
majackson1@suffolk.edu

Research Advisor:
Susan Orsillo, Ph.D.
Suffolk University
sorsillo@suffolk.edu
The above research study has been approved for distribution to users by the MaleSurvivor Research Committee. Participation in any of these approved, posted studies is completely voluntary and any participant can withdraw from a study at any time. If you have questions about the IRB approval process, concerns about this study, or questions or why a study has been approved for the MaleSurvivor site, please contact ann.boyer@mssm.edu or lgallo@lagcc.cuny.edu

#445489 - 08/26/13 09:40 AM Re: Men's Disclosure Experience Study [Re: Chris Anderson]
Chris Anderson Offline
Executive Director
MaleSurvivor
Quote:

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: RE: Research Review Process
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2013 01:15:00 +0000
To: Christopher Anderson <canderson@malesurvivor.org>

Hi,

I just wanted to let you know that I continue to get a great response from members of the Male Survivor community. I was hoping you could post a message saying that I am still recruiting.

Thanks again!

Michelle Jackson

#458584 - 01/14/14 11:26 AM Re: Men's Disclosure Experience Study [Re: Chris Anderson]
Chris Anderson Offline
Executive Director
MaleSurvivor
Quote:
Date: Tuesday, January 14, 2014 11:08 AM
To: Chris <canderson@malesurvivor.org>
Subject: RE: Disclosure experiences study

Hi Chris,

I hope you are doing well. I continue to get the most screening participants from Male Survivor! Would you be able post another message saying that I am still recruiting?

Thanks!

Michelle

Suffolk University, Boston, MA
majackson1@suffolk.edu

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.