Newest Members
jmr2191, autumn, tammy m, TheConqueror, Bloom
12425 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
12to17 (58), Aaron7712 (48), Defiance Is Best (46), Interpreter (30), Kenn (55), RichardPaulPoill (68), soul (34), Tyler845 (27)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 17 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12425 Members
74 Forums
63808 Topics
445577 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#458532 - 01/12/14 10:03 PM Life Changes From Healing
KMCINVA Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

This weekend was different than many I have ever lived. I have never been a sports fan. But this weekend I found myself involved in the NFL Playoffs like I never have. Maybe it was the people I was with, maybe it was me or a sense of freedom just to enjoy and not looking over my shoulder. Whatever it is, it is great to be free to live.

Will I be a major sports nut, I do no think so but to enjoy was wonderful.

I never realized how much time I spent hiding the abuse, thinking everyone knew I was "damaged", letting the guilt and shame of the abuse control me. The abuser has powers because I let him have powers over me as I did with those around me--who pushed me to unravel.

Is this just a temporary state of mind, but whatever, it is great to experience.

Kevin

#458533 - 01/12/14 10:14 PM Re: Life Changes From Healing [Re: KMCINVA]
gettingstronger Offline

Loc: Virginia
Kevin,

It's great, all right! There's some real healing to be found just hanging out with friends and watching a football game. No anxiety, just relaxing with those you trust and having fun. I hope it's more than temporary.

Bob

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.