Newest Members
JACKL, Personman, SiegmundNYC, TheGreatWhat, MyNameIsPaul
12488 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Can-tex (45), cbchorn (41)
Who's Online
4 registered (ArizonaOcean, JW1230, Jay1946, 1 invisible), 14 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12488 Members
74 Forums
64153 Topics
447634 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#458480 - 01/11/14 08:32 PM Alice In Chains - Dirt.
BraveFalcon Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: The ATL

This song feels like it's literally written specifically for me and for an issue I've struggled with on and off throughout my adult life. (Arguably abuse related.) The issues this song touches on have been pressing ones on and off throughout my adult life, but have been especially pressing lately. (The song isn't specifically about my problem but, in my mind, it relates perfectly.) Some of you may understand what I mean. Peace,

Ken

#458487 - 01/11/14 10:10 PM Re: Alice In Chains - Dirt. [Re: BraveFalcon]
Jacob S Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: where the shadows lie
This is a really powerful song. Many of Alice in Chains early songs conveys certain emotions that are hard to articulate. I'm listening to "Brother" on their unplugged album right now. They are dark places. Important to recognize. but sometimes dangerous.

be safe.

If I could, I would reach out and grasp your arm in support.
(((((BraveFalcon))))

#458861 - 01/17/14 11:52 PM Re: Alice In Chains - Dirt. [Re: BraveFalcon]
Suwanee Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Southeast USA
Ken,

Off the same AiC CD, I identified with this one:

Funny, I have two memories of the song…at a party in college when everything was wrapping up….somebody had just brought out *very* resinous plant material. I also remember listening to it alone at home when my roommates were out. I made sure I was alone so no one could see me cry.

Will

-Signs and traces left in stone
Ruins of a past unknown-

#458881 - 01/18/14 11:30 AM Re: Alice In Chains - Dirt. [Re: Suwanee]
BraveFalcon Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: The ATL
Believe me, I've felt the same types of emotions when listening to "Down In a Hole". It's definitely a song I can relate to, like right now.

That whole album was fucking amazing, BTW. If I had to create my own personal top ten favorite albums of all time, Dirt would be be on it without a doubt. Peace,

Ken

Edited by BraveFalcon (01/18/14 11:31 AM)

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.