Newest Members
MG5555, ShinTensei, jaklumen, Bennett, 0128
12506 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Moriji (44), Nicos (48), weharry1959 (55)
Who's Online
5 registered (highflight, Scott1962, ninjasm, 2 invisible), 20 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12506 Members
74 Forums
64205 Topics
448050 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#458964 - 01/19/14 11:59 PM Re: I'm Leaving My Family [Re: concerned_husky]
Lancer Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Florida
Just checking in Husky. Hadn't realized immigration was also in the picture. Sheesh. fwiw, about the best I can offer you is that my thots are with you and I'm sending the best your way. In my book you're an absolute hero taking this step. Honestly, I can't begin to imagine how difficult it is for you. You've got about 11,000 of us behind you.

#459239 - 01/23/14 07:19 AM Re: I'm Leaving My Family [Re: concerned_husky]
concerned_husky Offline
MaleSurvivor

A little update, guys.

Unfortunately it's not a good one. Pretty much everything that could've gone wrong did go wrong, and now I'm faced with the possibility of having to go back to my parents until July. I don't know what this means, or if there is any meaning behind all of this. I don't even know if there's meaning in life. I will try to do everything in my power to prevent this from happening, but my chances are slim. Given all that's happened so far, I don't know if I can endure another half a year with them.

My spirits aren't broken yet, but it's coming pretty close.

I hate to let you guys down. You guys have given me so much support and it means a lot to me. Like I said, I'll be doing everything I can. I hope I can give you guys a better update next time.

My Story

#459240 - 01/23/14 07:27 AM Re: I'm Leaving My Family [Re: concerned_husky]
victor-victim Offline

Loc: O Kanada
you have not let me down,

i am sorry to hear you have hit a wall.

don't get down.
i just wiped out my car today and spent the afternoon in the hospital.

dont' quit until you absolutely have no other option.

War
Love
Poetry

#459242 - 01/23/14 08:33 AM Re: I'm Leaving My Family [Re: concerned_husky]
traveler Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: somewhere in Africa
Husky -

if there is no other option, you do what you have to do. don't regard it as a failure - but as a "trial run." I am sure you must have learned a great deal on this attempt - about what not to do and what might work better. keep looking to the future and plan your final escape well. in the mean time, I hope you can strengthen your boundaries and protect yourself. the family dynamics may have been changed by the fact that they realize now that you are serious about achieving independence.

stay strong and please keep in touch.

we believe in you!
lee
Now I know my life has meaning
Now I see myself as I am, feeling very free...
When my tears have come to an end I will understand
What I left behind: a part of me. Chicago

#459408 - 01/25/14 09:49 PM Re: I'm Leaving My Family [Re: concerned_husky]
JayBro Offline

Loc: Germany
A perceived "failure" is but a detour. You still have our support and we are there for you. Never forget your bravery and courage. We are all in this thing we call life together and it is never easy nor 100% hitchless- all kind of things can and do happen but we continue on our journey. Your dreams will come true.

You also mentioned that you didn't know what the meaning of life was, or if there was a meaning at all: life's meaning is different for every individual.

Sending you my HUGS and love.

#459409 - 01/25/14 10:24 PM Re: I'm Leaving My Family [Re: concerned_husky]
gettingstronger Offline

Loc: Virginia
Hey Husky,

You haven't let anyone down. If this is what has to happen for a little while, so be it. Deep breaths, remember you're in control regardless of what they think, and you won't be there forever. Although it was hard, you've handled them before. I have no doubt you can handle them again.

Regardless of what happens, we're all here. You've got all sorts of people pulling for you. Don't forget that. Just do what you need to do and don't worry about anything else.

Bob

#459429 - 01/26/14 08:45 AM Re: I'm Leaving My Family [Re: concerned_husky]
BraveFalcon Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: The ATL

Hi Husky. You definitely haven't let me down. Life can be rough and throw you a lot of curve balls. If you have to resort to going back to your parents, you will survive it. Just take it one day at a time and keep in mind that it's a long life. You have a lot of time to regroup and plan your escape. Good luck. We're all on your side. Peace,

Ken

#459430 - 01/26/14 08:57 AM Re: I'm Leaving My Family [Re: concerned_husky]
Sven Offline

I agree on the trial run traveler mentioned.
You're not a failure, you're doing the best you can and sometimes it doesn't work out. And that's ok.
Take care
Into souls on the tree of pain
From the firefly a red orange glow
See the face of fear
Running scared in the valley below
~ Bullet The Blue Sky - U2

#459437 - 01/26/14 12:36 PM Re: I'm Leaving My Family [Re: concerned_husky]
KMCINVA Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

You are not letting anyone down. You were seeking something new in life. If you did not try you would not achieve. Taking the chance despite the outcome, gives you strength that you may not realize you have. Whatever the outcome, remember you tried, setbacks can give strength and life lessons. You have succeeded, just by taking the desire for a new life.

Stay strong and look at the positives of the experience--what you learned, what you saw and people you met.

Kevin

#459453 - 01/26/14 05:27 PM Re: I'm Leaving My Family [Re: concerned_husky]
Rich1967 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: PA
I'll add to the chorus - you didn't let me down. You tried and that deserves a lot credit. If you don't try you will never succeed. You will be a stronger person for trying.

Hang in there and we'll all still be here for the second attempt.

((((Yos))))

We'll also be there to get you through living with the parents till you can try again.

Good luck!

"Me too" - I don't think I will ever get tired of saying or hearing these two words.

My Story:
http://www.malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=441625#Post441625

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.