Newest Members
dspwilson, Won'tGiveUp, sillyputty, Pytbull, manipulated
12384 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
4gettingthepast4 (32), DougL (53), Jeff38 (48), lfp (27), pats121 (75), Texan (57), zer0sleep (35)
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 24 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12384 Members
74 Forums
63653 Topics
444536 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#458481 - 01/11/14 08:34 PM Re: I'm Leaving My Family [Re: concerned_husky]
Suwanee Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Southeast USA
(((Husky)))

I've already replied to the PM you sent before your travel. I imagine the great fear of leaping into the unknown. Just think of the untold discovery that awaits you just for opening the door and stepping through it.

You'll be fine in time. This is for you, my friend, and I wish you all the luck and success you deserve.

Will

There are some things one can only achieve by a deliberate leap in the opposite direction. -Franz Kafka

-Signs and traces left in stone
Ruins of a past unknown-

#458483 - 01/11/14 09:01 PM Re: I'm Leaving My Family [Re: concerned_husky]
BraveFalcon Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: The ATL

Hello Husky. Wow, to call this a big step would be a massive understatement! The situation with your family is so toxic and if there is any way you can break away from it and make it on your own, congrats and good luck. You are a very strong and brave man. You may not always feel like it, but you are. Good luck with this and, when it gets hard, please don't hesitate to reach out to us. Stay strong, my friend. Peace,

Ken

#458486 - 01/11/14 09:59 PM Re: I'm Leaving My Family [Re: concerned_husky]
Jude Offline

Loc: New England
Husky,

You deserve to have a life of your own choosing. While you can't leave behind your baggage, you can have a life where you call the shots and make the decisions without being judged. Good for you. Keep us informed.

Jude
I get a little bit closer to feeling fine.
Sheryl Crow

#458488 - 01/11/14 10:15 PM Re: I'm Leaving My Family [Re: concerned_husky]
gettingstronger Offline

Loc: Virginia
Hi Husky,

Congratulations! I know from experience how hard it can be to leave a really toxic family. Things in my family came to such a head at one point that I wrote them a four-page letter detailing what was wrong (codependency and other issues, not sexual abuse) and laying down boundaries as to what I would accept going forward. Their answer (also by letter) was to deny there was any problem at all, chastise me for being a bad son, and offer a lip-service, vague apology "if there were any misunderstandings."

I didn't talk to any of them for four and one-half years. They eventually came around, but it took THAT long, and longer still for me to eventually be able to trust them.

Sorry-- not trying to hijack. But I know what it's like, and I know the freedom you will be enjoying soon. We all need the right level of autonomy, and no one needs a toxic family. Good for you!

Bob

#458493 - 01/12/14 12:23 AM Re: I'm Leaving My Family [Re: concerned_husky]
peroperic2009 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: South-East Europe
But Husky when and how we will now be playing tennis if you are moving so far, lol?

Congratulation on this step. You are very brave and I'm absolutely sure that everything will be alright. Keep us updated!
I'll be thinking on you all this time smile
(((Husky))))

Pero

#458495 - 01/12/14 12:28 AM Re: I'm Leaving My Family [Re: peroperic2009]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Husky,

You're doing the right thing. There will be some pain at first but after that you'll start feeling better. You will feel a loneliness which you will need to fill with new relationships.

Puffer

#458497 - 01/12/14 01:03 AM Re: I'm Leaving My Family [Re: concerned_husky]
concerned_husky Offline
MaleSurvivor

Wow guys.

I just got off the plane and read all these comments. It's really overwhelming, I don't know what to say. Thanks so much for all of your support - it means a lot to me.

#458500 - 01/12/14 07:14 AM Re: I'm Leaving My Family [Re: concerned_husky]
SayItRight Offline
MaleSurvivor

Husky:

Amazing news. Best of luck on the ground now with all that this new phase in life brings.

SayIt

#458508 - 01/12/14 10:03 AM Re: I'm Leaving My Family [Re: concerned_husky]
don64 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: St. Croix, USVI
Hi Husky. You are in my thoughts on your new day. Don
Divine Law is not judgment or denial of self truths. Divine Law is honoring harmony that comes from a peaceful mind, an open heart, a true tongue, a light step, a forgiving nature, and a love of all living creatures. Jamie Sams & David Carson, Medicine Cards

#458511 - 01/12/14 10:52 AM Re: I'm Leaving My Family [Re: concerned_husky]
Rich1967 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: PA
I hope your journal is electronic or I bet you would run out of paper soon!

I hope there are moments you are able to enjoy as you take these steps into your new life. So happy for you.

((((Husky))))

"Me too" - I don't think I will ever get tired of saying or hearing these two words.

My Story:
http://www.malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=441625#Post441625

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.