Newest Members
rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms, Anony_mous, Drew6991x
12367 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
rpalm06 (46)
Who's Online
5 registered (watzupwitu, Jim1961, Scott1962, 2 invisible), 12 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12367 Members
74 Forums
63558 Topics
444056 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#458379 - 01/09/14 10:25 PM One In Six
KMCINVA Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

It is sad, I have talked of my abuse and I have learned others have suffered CSA and been silent. For the New Year I sent to friends, and I posted here, my reflections of 2013 and where I have been. A friend who I have only known for a short time responded to my reflections. He once briefly told me of his nephew who was abused but not the whole story. The nephew took his life and later his mother took her life--she was controlled by the community and their families intolerant, ignorant and controlling beliefs. Looking beyond and the reality of her sons abuse could not be accepted. The nephew and his mother lived in a religious community and the community and family controlled their life. Two tragedies from CSA--a child who became a man and then a mother.

It made me realize there are so many instances of CSA and the devastating effects. Talking about it helps to make the reality of this abuse real to many. Sadly, it supports the one in six. It also has given me support and compassion from many. Silence is our worse enemy--we need to talk and we need to support--be it the victim or a caring and compassionate supporter. Those that do not support can listen but until they are ready they we need to say goodbye until they can open their mind to us--we should not waste our time trying to heal with these people.

#458387 - 01/09/14 11:59 PM Re: One In Six [Re: KMCINVA]
don64 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: St. Croix, USVI
Letting go of and not getting into situations which are not supportive of me has been a lifelong challenge. An abusive pattern was all I knew in my family of origin. It's now in my 60's that I seem to finally be getting some traction here. But, it has been difficult. It is a sad and painful topic, but a very important one. Patterns embedded in fear and repeated over time seem particularly difficult to understand and change.

I do learn from fellow survivors. Thanks.

Don
Divine Law is not judgment or denial of self truths. Divine Law is honoring harmony that comes from a peaceful mind, an open heart, a true tongue, a light step, a forgiving nature, and a love of all living creatures. Jamie Sams & David Carson, Medicine Cards

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.