Newest Members
SiegmundNYC, TheGreatWhat, MyNameIsPaul, serenity38, vivo
12486 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Can-tex (45), cbchorn (41)
Who's Online
5 registered (BraveFalcon, Obi, 3 invisible), 18 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12486 Members
74 Forums
64149 Topics
447615 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#459112 - 01/21/14 05:44 PM Re: calling all christian survivors [Re: victor-victim]
nltsaved Offline

Loc: Kc,Mo

more on obeying and receiving God plainly tells us what it is like when we obey and when we do not
I have seen nothing but All of this to be true in my life
Psalms 1 1-6
1Blessed is the one

who does not walk in step with the wicked

or stand in the way that sinners take

or sit in the company of mockers,

2but whose delight is in the law of the Lord,

and who meditates on his law day and night.

3That person is like a tree planted by streams of water,

which yields its fruit in season

and whose leaf does not wither—

whatever they do prospers.

4Not so the wicked!

They are like chaff

that the wind blows away.

5Therefore the wicked will not stand in the judgment,

nor sinners in the assembly of the righteous.

6For the Lord watches over the way of the righteous,

but the way of the wicked leads to destruction.

Jeremiah 17 5-8
Cursed is the one who trusts in man,

who draws strength from mere flesh

and whose heart turns away from the Lord.

6That person will be like a bush in the wastelands;

they will not see prosperity when it comes.

They will dwell in the parched places of the desert,

in a salt land where no one lives.

7“But blessed is the one who trusts in the Lord,

whose confidence is in him.

8They will be like a tree planted by the water

that sends out its roots by the stream.

It does not fear when heat comes;

its leaves are always green.

It has no worries in a year of drought

and never fails to bear fruit.”

this lesson came from here

God appeared to Solomon in a dream and asked him what he wanted. What did Solomon ask God for? (Wisdom) How did God answer Solomon’s request? (He gave Solomon wisdom and also riches and honor 1Kings 3:12-13) God made a promise to Solomon when He said He would give him those things.

Choose a volunteer to read 1 Kings 3:14. Some of God’s promises are conditional. What was God promising Solomon? (A long life) What was the condition? (If Solomon walked in God’s ways and obeyed His commands)

As Solomon walked with God and obeyed His commands God blessed him and the people of Israel. Let’s look at some examples of God’s blessings on Solomon.

1 Kings 4:20 (The people were numerous, ate drank and were happy)
1 Kings 4:24b-25 (Peace on all sides)
1 Kings 5:4 (Lived in safety)
1 Kings 10:1-9, 23-24 (Famous for the wisdom and riches God gave Solomon)

If Solomon were living in our day he would probably own a t-shirt or two that says “Life is Good”. As he walked with God and obeyed his commands Solomon experienced a life full of blessing. He had more than he could ever ask for.

If you have believed in the Lord Jesus to save you from your sins, you are God’s child and have His promise of blessing for obedience in your own life. (Luke 11:28, John 8:51) As believers we have more than we could ever ask for. “Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ.” Ephesians 1:3 We may not completely understand what this verse means but if we have been blessed with every spiritual blessing we can be assured that we are richer than Solomon!

God has given us everything we need to live a life of obedience to Him. He has given us His Word to teach us how to live. His Holy Spirit lives in us to guide us and direct us in our lives to continue to live a life that pleases God. (2 Peter 1:3-4)

Let’s turn to 1 Kings 11:1-6. What happened to Solomon? (Allow students to respond) How does this make you feel as you read about Solomon? It is disappointing when we see a person blessed by God turn their heart away from Him.

If you and I are obeying God and enjoying His blessings can our hearts turn away from God? (Yes) How does such a terrible thing happen in our hearts when we know and believe that God loves us and His plans for our lives are best? (Sin)

What happened in Solomon’s life happened in the Garden of Eden. God created Adam and Eve and gave them everything they would ever need. He gave them one rule. What was that rule? (Not to eat from the fruit from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil) With the multitudes of fruit to choose from how did Adam and Eve end up eating from the one tree God told them not to? (The serpent tempted Eve and told her she wouldn’t die but she would become like God)

Because Adam and Eve sinned every person born after them is born with a sinful heart. (Jeremiah 17:9, Romans 3:23) Satan is God’s enemy and he knows that God created His most special creation (man and woman) so He could have a close relationship with them. Satan hates God and he knows the only way he can hurt God is by turning His most special creation (people) away from Him. Satan tried to destroy Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden and has worked hard throughout history trying to destroy God’s people. (Revelation 12:9)

Solomon began his reign with his heart following God and obeying his ways. When he obeyed God, he experienced God’s blessing. Somewhere along the way Solomon stopped guarding his heart and was drawn away from God’s ways and he began to do evil.

God promises to bless those who obey Him. He also says He will punish those who disobey. Read 1 Kings 11:9-13. Because Solomon disobeyed, God was going to take away His Kingdom. The remainder of the chapter tells us how God raised up enemies against Solomon. When Solomon was obedient he and the Israelites were living in peace and safety. When Solomon’s heart turned away from God his disobedience became punishment instead of God’s blessing. this lesson came from here

Edited by nltsaved (01/21/14 05:49 PM)
you are not alone never were
WRITTEN FORM
http://www.malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=339159#Post339159
Why i hate Religion but love Jesus
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IAhDGYlpqY

#459115 - 01/21/14 05:50 PM Re: calling all christian survivors [Re: victor-victim]
nltsaved Offline

Thank you for this thread it is invigorating . Studying all this scripture uplifting and praising God . It is AWESOME !!
WRITTEN FORM
http://www.malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=339159#Post339159

#459121 - 01/21/14 10:10 PM Re: calling all christian survivors [Re: victor-victim]
victor-victim Offline

Loc: O Kanada
glory to god!

i just stumbled across this jewel today!

"Let not the one who puts on his armour boast like the one who takes it off."

1 KINGS 20:11

i was in that book reading one of my favourite parts when
that hit me like a bullet between the eyes.

i wonder why i have never noticed it before.

another reason why i love reading the bible.
i am never finished.

i feel like including the part i was reading.
because i love this part...

Then He said: “Go out and stand on the mountain before Jehovah.”
And behold! Jehovah was passing by, and a great and strong wind was splitting mountains and breaking crags before Jehovah, but Jehovah was not in the wind.
After the wind, there was an earthquake, but Jehovah was not in the earthquake.
After the earthquake, there was a fire, but Jehovah was not in the fire.
After the fire, there was a calm, low voice.

1 KINGS 19:11

that was the voice of god!
what a beautiful image.

i love this part because of the isolation and terror and despair that Elijah was feeling, running for his life, hiding from a death sentence in a cave, hunted, hated, absolutely alone, and zealous for god!
he was so depressed that he asked god to let him die.
then he has this supernatural encounter which really parallels many of my own spiritual experiences.

the still, small, quiet, calm, low voice of god.
speaking with certainty and authority.
always saying what i don't want to hear, but need to know.

that tiny voice has saved my life many times.

War
Love
Poetry

#459228 - 01/23/14 04:43 AM Re: calling all christian survivors [Re: victor-victim]
victor-victim Offline

i just survived another car accident today.
that is the 3rd time i was in a car that was wiped out in the last 18 months.
the first 2 were not my fault.
this one was.

the irony is...
i was about two blocks away from my doctor's office.
i was on my way to my therapist for my final appointment.
it was going to be our last session together for treatment.
as far as she was concerned, i was fully recovered from the PTSD
which i had been diagnosed with because of the previous two accidents in a row.
i missed the appointment, because they hauled me away to emergency in an ambulance.

i was already about 90% recovered, physically, and i was already back to work.
now i am sitting here with back pain, neck pain, shoulder pain, money pain, mental pain.

ambulance, hospital, no broken bones, no blood.

major setback...
every time i start to get some traction, the ground falls out from under my feet.

so this time...
instead of having a smoke to ease the pain and stress,
or sliding back into my usual pity party,
or losing my mind and temper.

i turned to my bible...

this is what i found in JAMES 1:2-27

Consider it a sheer gift, friends, when tests and challenges come at you from all sides. You know that under pressure, your faith-life is forced into the open and shows its true colors. So don’t try to get out of anything prematurely. Let it do its work so you become mature and well-developed, not deficient in any way.
If you don’t know what you’re doing, pray to the Father. He loves to help. You’ll get his help, and won’t be condescended to when you ask for it. Ask boldly, believingly, without a second thought. People who “worry their prayers” are like wind-whipped waves. Don’t think you’re going to get anything from the Master that way, adrift at sea, keeping all your options open.
When down-and-outers get a break, cheer! And when the arrogant rich are brought down to size, cheer! Prosperity is as short-lived as a wildflower, so don’t ever count on it. You know that as soon as the sun rises, pouring down its scorching heat, the flower withers. Its petals wilt and, before you know it, that beautiful face is a barren stem. Well, that’s a picture of the “prosperous life.” At the very moment everyone is looking on in admiration, it fades away to nothing.
Anyone who meets a testing challenge head-on and manages to stick it out is mighty fortunate. For such persons loyally in love with God, the reward is life and more life.
Don’t let anyone under pressure to give in to evil say, “God is trying to trip me up.” God is impervious to evil, and puts evil in no one’s way. The temptation to give in to evil comes from us and only us. We have no one to blame but the leering, seducing flare-up of our own lust. Lust gets pregnant, and has a baby: sin! Sin grows up to adulthood, and becomes a real killer.
So, my very dear friends, don’t get thrown off course. Every desirable and beneficial gift comes out of heaven. The gifts are rivers of light cascading down from the Father of Light. There is nothing deceitful in God, nothing two-faced, nothing fickle. He brought us to life using the true Word, showing us off as the crown of all his creatures.

Post this at all the intersections, dear friends: Lead with your ears, follow up with your tongue, and let anger straggle along in the rear. God’s righteousness doesn’t grow from human anger. So throw all spoiled virtue and cancerous evil in the garbage. In simple humility, let our gardener, God, landscape you with the Word, making a salvation-garden of your life.
Don’t fool yourself into thinking that you are a listener when you are anything but, letting the Word go in one ear and out the other. Act on what you hear! Those who hear and don’t act are like those who glance in the mirror, walk away, and two minutes later have no idea who they are, what they look like.
But whoever catches a glimpse of the revealed counsel of God—the free life!—even out of the corner of his eye, and sticks with it, is no distracted scatterbrain but a man or woman of action. That person will find delight and affirmation in the action.
Anyone who sets himself up as “religious” by talking a good game is self-deceived. This kind of religion is hot air and only hot air. Real religion, the kind that passes muster before God the Father, is this: Reach out to the homeless and loveless in their plight, and guard against corruption from the godless world.

exactly what i needed to hear at this moment.

glory to god the creator!
i praise Jehovah.
in the name of Jesus Christ.

of course, before i found this scripture, i was on the edge of the abyss.
for the first few hours after the accident, i was in shock and pain, so i did have an emotional turmoil,
which included a lot of anger and despair and i blamed god and cursed him and i begged him for an explanation.
but all that came and went very quickly.

in the past, this crisis state of mind would last for weeks and months following disasters and catastrophes.
even minor delays could put me in a foul headspace for days.
i am very used to getting what i want when i want it.
snags never stopped me, i never quit,
but i really resented it when i had to work harder than i thought absolutely necessary
to achieve or obtain my heart's desires.
my wish was always my command.
the more obstacles i had to overcome, the more aggressively determined and stressfully stubborn i would become.
if something beyond my control occurred,
which proved to be beyond my power to fix,
which forced me to fail, or abort a mission,
well...
that was the end of the world and the start of a deep dark depression, punctuated with punches and tantrums.
whatever the case, lots of THC would be required.

this time... thanks to the epistle of james...
i was in a good mood, laughing it off, without any chemical help, prescription or otherwise, within 3 hours of the actual impact.
it is now almost 12 hours later, and i am still feeling emotionally solid. body is sore, but mood is bright.

if you knew me, you would not believe it was the same person.
i can hardly believe this myself.

the power of prayer and scripture cannot be denied!
glory to god.

i sure hope i don't feel worse tomorrow.
we will have to see.

War
Love
Poetry

#459245 - 01/23/14 09:16 AM Re: calling all christian survivors [Re: victor-victim]
JustScott Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Praises Be. The world cannot understand. The Spirit of God reveals and teaches us, and we can look back and see growth.

THAT is the stuff that testifies that we are indeed children of God.

I smile for you. I love James. The Half-Brother of Jesus, once a mocker and un-believer whose eyes and heart were opened to the truth of Jesus.

Count it all joy.... Hard Hard truth, but it's the refining fire that reveals the reality or the falsehood of our faith.

To God be the Glory. Yahweh, Adonai, Elohim!

#459275 - 01/23/14 01:51 PM Re: calling all christian survivors [Re: JustScott]
victor-victim Offline

well, after a good night's rest.
i feel pretty good.
a little stiff and sore, but safe and sound.
i was more upset than anything else.
looks like i was not injured enough to worry about.

the last accident kept off my feet and stopped me from working for months.
thank god this was not as severe!

now i just have to deal with the financial fallout frown

I HATE MONEY!!!

War
Love
Poetry

#459583 - 01/28/14 09:06 AM Re: calling all christian survivors [Re: victor-victim]
victor-victim Offline

great advice from Jesus.
definitely wise words worth remembering, in my humble opinion.

LUKE 12

Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life,
what you will eat; or about your body, what you will wear.
For life is more than food, and the body more than clothes.
Consider the ravens: They do not sow or reap,
they have no storeroom or barn; yet God feeds them.
And how much more valuable you are than birds!
Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to your life ?
Since you cannot do this very little thing,
why do you worry about the rest?
Consider how the wild flowers grow.
They do not labor or spin.
Yet I tell you, not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these.
If that is how God clothes the grass of the field,
which is here today, and tomorrow is thrown into the fire,
how much more will he clothe you—you of little faith!
And do not set your heart on what you will eat or drink; do not worry about it.
For the pagan world runs after all such things,
and your Father knows that you need them.
But seek his kingdom, and these things will be given to you as well.
Do not be afraid, little flock, for your Father has been pleased to give you the kingdom.
Sell your possessions and give to the poor.
Provide purses for yourselves that will not wear out,
a treasure in heaven that will never fail,
where no thief comes near and no moth destroys.
For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

MATTHEW 6

Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth,
where moths and vermin destroy,
and where thieves break in and steal.
But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven,
where moths and vermin do not destroy,
and where thieves do not break in and steal.
For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.
No one can serve two masters.
Either you will hate the one and love the other,
or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other.
You cannot serve both God and money.
Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life,
what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink;
nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on.
Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?
Behold the fowls of the air:
for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns;
yet your heavenly Father feedeth them.
Are ye not much better than they?
Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature?
And why take ye thought for raiment?
Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow;
they toil not, neither do they spin:
And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.
Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field,
which today is, and tomorrow is cast into the oven,
shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith?
Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat?
or, What shall we drink?
or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?
(For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:)
for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.
But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness;
and all these things shall be added unto you.

even when i wasn't a Christian, i loved these ideas.
they gave me strength and support throughout my entire life.
i took them to heart, and lived by them as best as i could, whenever possible.
this scripture definitely had a huge influence on my decision making process.
it helped me cope with loss, fear, failure, worry, anxiety, poverty, greed, need, frustration, ambition.

War
Love
Poetry

#459597 - 01/28/14 01:06 PM Re: calling all christian survivors [Re: victor-victim]
JustScott Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

I know I should be active in posting and responding. Just really struggling here lately and when I'm struggling it's so utterly difficult to do much more than just read.

Was stupid and shared a bit about my struggle with connecting with others. Well someone who obviously has never had that issue gave advice that would be really simple for someone who doesn't have the issue, and when I replied and shared that this issue with connecting and feeling like I fit in or belong has been a struggle my whole life.... the reply was basically a statement that they doubt my "relationship" with God because if I did, then I wouldn't feel that way.

I hate this work of trying to connect with others. So far it's always been more work and pain that it's been worthwhile.

Takes me back to place where I want to just want to give up entirely and keep to myself.

I realize more and more that the only one who CAN provide for my needs and heal my hurts is God. Yet everyone insists we're not supposed to be alone. Frustrating.

The passages you've posted are certainly true. For all my seeking and striving and working it's produced nothing but more hurt and emptiness.

Been looking for love, acceptance, belonging, care, compassion, understanding, etc in all the wrong places.

#459610 - 01/28/14 03:55 PM Re: calling all christian survivors [Re: JustScott]
victor-victim Offline

Quote:
I realize more and more that the only one who CAN provide for my needs and heal my hurts is God. Yet everyone insists we're not supposed to be alone. Frustrating.

exactly!!!

i can't even get one drop of comfort from human beings.
never could, and now i am certain i never will.
i cannot even rely on myself for compassion.
i can be my cruelest critic.
god has given me EVERYTHING i need.
the sad part is, now that i have been saved and cured through my relationship with Jehovah through Jesus Christ,
the people in my life are actually starting to attack or abandon me.
they don't want me to have this beautiful relationship with my creator.
some even say they prefer the old me.

CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT!!

i would not go back to my old personality for all the money in the world.

GALATIANS 1
Am I now trying to win the approval of men, or of God?
Or am I trying to please men?
If I were still trying to please men,
I would not be a servant of Christ.

i have lost all of my former friends.
one guy i have known for forty years just told me last week that he can't hang out with Christians and asked me to stop calling him.
our last two conversations was him telling me that i was a fool.
another friend (20 year friendship) has told me that he does not want to talk about spiritual matters, and gets irritated the minute the subject comes up.
that has made our conversations dull and difficult. i have not seen him since i told him i don't smoke pot anymore.

MATTHEW 5
Blessed are you when people insult you,
persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me.
Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven,
for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.
You are the salt of the earth.
But if the salt loses its saltiness,
how can it be made salty again?
It is no longer good for anything,
except to be thrown out and trampled by men.
You are the light of the world.
A city on a hill cannot be hidden.
Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl.
Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house.
In the same way, let your light shine before men,
that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven.

good riddance if they cannot handle my love of god.
the up side is, i have new healthy relationships with other believers.
the conversations are exciting and serious and meaningful and fruitful.

REJOICE!

JAMES 1
My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations;
Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience.
But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.
If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.
But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.

i have never been happier in my life.
everything is better, and it stays that way.

of course, when i experience misfortunes, some fears, doubts, worries, anger start to set in,
like the car accident i had last Wednesday.
we all get kicked in the teeth.
that is life.
the troubles of this world, the tortures and torments, the trials and tribulations, the temptations...
those things will never end IN THIS WORLD OF FLESH.
in fact, the enemies of god are all against me now,
and they don't want me to quit the cult of evil.
people keep trying to drag me back down into the mud pit whenever i reach back in to pull them out.

ROMANS 8

What shall we then say to these things?
If God be for us, who can be against us?
He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all,
how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?
Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect?
It is God that justifieth.
Who is he that condemneth?
It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again,
who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.
Who shall separate us from the love of Christ?
shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

i have learned how to protect and defend my self and my soul.
every attack against me is an opportunity for growth in god.
he delivers and fulfills, i receive and heal.
my down days are now only minutes to hours long,
minor distractions to my joy.
the depression and dark moods cannot grow in the light of my lord and his infinite love.
bad feelings do not take hold, they disappear, they flee.
the weeds cannot grow without my permission.
prayer... bible... fellowship.

life is a war! and i am a warrior!

EPHESIANS 6

Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.
Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers,
against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:
Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit,
and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;
And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel

War
Love
Poetry

#459628 - 01/28/14 08:34 PM Re: calling all christian survivors [Re: victor-victim]
nltsaved Offline

when you become a christian your life begins to resemble a pyrimid the base is laid the foundation of christ.As you grow and begin to gain strength and faith your pyrimid gets small as you go up friends get weeded out even some family memebers. The higher you go the less people are around becuase your begin to realize the love for god begins to trump all of the worldy people and unspiritual people begin to fall away and you are eventually left with only those god would have you be around
WRITTEN FORM

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.