Newest Members
lilac, The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101
12287 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cards (33), korbin2003 (39), Rosemary (53), Zebra (47)
Who's Online
3 registered (Obi, Shyshark, 1 invisible), 18 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12287 Members
73 Forums
63215 Topics
442040 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#458312 - 01/09/14 04:34 AM calling all christian survivors
victor-victim Offline

Loc: O Kanada
hopefully this does not offend anyone.
i was trying to do this before, but the thread got hijacked, and now it is blocked.
people were arguing with each other and they were ignoring my posts. i think the point was missed.

are there any Christian survivors out there?

i am a serious student of the bible who is seeking fellowship in the holy spirit with other survivors of sexual abuse.
in this specific thread, i would like to share my speculations about scripture, salvation, sex, sin and other spiritual matters within the context of Christianity, with other Christians, in the name of jesus, and glory to jhvh.

the bible is very important and helpful to me, and has become an integral and essential part of my healing and recovery.
my conversion and commitment to Christianity are currently complete.
the days and decades of doubt and debate are behind me, and i wish to move forward in faith.

for my sake, i humbly and sincerely beg and request...
to avoid wasting time on hostile debates, may we assume, strictly for the purpose of this thread only, that the bible is the word of god, written by men, but divinely inspired, jesus is the messiah, and jhvh is the creator of the universe.

those are declarations of belief, matters of opinion, religious doctrines, articles of faith, call them whatever.
they cannot be proven and i do not wish to doubt or defend or debate them in this thread.
in this thread, i just want to enjoy my scriptural journey of Christian self discovery and examination, without going backwards over well-travelled territory.
i do not wish to revisit old thought patterns.
i get tired of explaining and repeating myself.
it is not my job to convert or convince or coerce anyone into my corner.

i also do not wish to spend time in this thread blaming the bible and criticizing Christ and judging Jehovah for sins and crimes committed by Christian members of various Christian churches, corporations, congregations and cults.
that too has been sufficiently discussed in other forums and threads.

bad people are everywhere, especially in churches.
it behooves us to bathe the baby, flush the feces, dispose of the diaper, but keep the kid.
every secular or spiritual organization with authority and access to children is a target for undercover pedophile infiltration.

the christian religion does not own the rights to ignorance, intolerance, arrogance, negligence, prejudice, hypocrisy, or even evil.
that is a human problem.
humans are flawed, and social organisms are an order of magnitude worse.

ironically, i first learned to question authority from words attributed to jesus. just the little bit of bible i had read as a kid gave me the skill to recognize, and the courage to challenge the obvious hypocrisy and corruption i saw with my own eyes. i admired jesus as a rebel, but denied his divinity.

one thing i noticed was that very few christians i spoke to, knew what was in the bible.
hardly any of them read their own holy book.
it made me believe they were not serious or sincere about their belief.

i did not start with the bible, i ended up there.
i had run out of options.
it was my least favoured choice,
and it was my last choice.

surprise!

reading the bible gives me great joy and comfort, and i would like to share that experience with other eager bible students.
so, strictly for the sake of this thread, i would respectfully request that we assume that jhvh and jesus and the bible are not responsible for the sinful acts of free will committed by individuals or institutions.

this is not meant to insult.
i am only trying to establish parameters.

i repeat.
hopefully this does not offend anyone.

History of the Bible
The Gospels in History
The Bible - Believe it or Not
Meditations on Ecclesiastes
Book of Revelation
Calling All Christian Survivors
Bible Study for CSA
Food For Thought
The Devil is Real
Spiritual Armour
Matthew Movie
Baptism
Having Faith
Finding Strength Through Faith
Fear of God=Beginning of Wisdom
Power of Prayer
Healing Through Forgiveness

War
Love
Poetry

#458336 - 01/09/14 12:32 PM Re: calling all christian survivors [Re: victor-victim]
JustScott Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Sounds good.

I read often but post rarely. For reason I won't post here because it'll certainly raise issues.

Anyway, I'm on board. I avoid all manner of debates and arguments because honestly no one in an online debate is likely to change their mind. Usually it's more about throwing around anger and hurt more than anything. So I avoid it.

I'm serious in my faith and seek to know God more. I've has atheist/agnostic friends ask me how I know God is real and the reality is, I have indeed experienced God in a way that has taken away any and all doubt whatsoever. I can't give that experience to anyone else, they have to seek it for them self.

I've learned, taught and been in the Bible most of my life. Even gone to a Bible college for many years. I love learning apologetics and deepening my understanding.

Totally up for conversation in the name of Jesus, and glory to YHWH.

I'm game and if it can't be done out here, PM is good too.

#458341 - 01/09/14 02:10 PM Re: calling all christian survivors [Re: victor-victim]
victor-victim Offline

hi justscott.

thanks for your response.

I'm serious in my faith and seek to know God more.
Ask me how I know God is real and the reality is, I have indeed experienced God in a way that has taken away any and all doubt whatsoever. I can't give that experience to anyone else, they have to seek it for them self.

i am currently preparing for baptism.
i did not want to do it until i was completely ready to commit. have you done it?
any thoughts and scriptures you would like to share with me?

i have been engaged in deep honest conversations
with the pastor at my favourite church for over 2 years.
we have absolutely nothing in common,
yet he and i think almost indentically,
and i really enjoy our weekly conversations.

i am not an official member of any church.
i have found three different fellowships where i feel good when i worship.
the people are decent and sincere, the congregations are small,
the shepherds and sermons are scriptural, the prayers are plenty, the mood is loving.

if i don't feel the holy spirit in the fellowship or if i don't hear the holy word from the leader,
i am not interested.
if the service reminds me of work (i.e. entertainment, theatre, showbiz, performance, ego),
i am not interested.

after about 3 years of searching and prayer,
i have found 3 fellowships that i enjoy,
which i believe meet my scriptural standards.

one is labeled Lutheran with service in German.
one is labeled Pentacostal with service in Spanish.
and the one that is preparing me for baptism is
labeled Mennonite and service is in Japanese.

in a good week, i can visit all three at least once.

none of the three ministers has a problem with me doing this.
all three ministers are guiding lights and good shepherds to me.
after years of careful scrutiny, examination, investigation and interrogation, i am satisfied these men are genuinely good and wise.
i believe them to be true Christians, as i imagine the concept.
if they are hypocrites, they are the best actors i have ever seen in my 30 years of show business.
i cherish our conversations and these guys know all my secrets.
the members of these churches are friendly and sincere and treat me like a brother.

War
Love
Poetry

#458343 - 01/09/14 02:32 PM Re: calling all christian survivors [Re: victor-victim]
JustScott Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Wow, do you speak all those languages? I'm grew up and still in the US, so if it's not English, I'm lost, and now that I'm 38, I really regret never earnestly learning another language. I would like to learn spanish. I spent some time in the Dominican Republic and would love to live there someday and serve the Lord ministering to anyone who God brought my way.

I agree with you about needing to hear the Word preached in a church or if it's purely entertainment. I currently attend a United Methodist church, and our local congregation is pretty solid, although I have quite a few issues with the larger church organization.

I'm very much about studying how the "church" was in the book of Acts and I get frustrated with how different it is from the way it is done today. The two are so different.

I'm glad to hear you are looking to be baptized. It is Biblical and doing so is simply being obedient to the call of Christ is your life. You probably already know this, but it's simply the outward sign of the decision or faith in Jesus you have already professed.

I'm also a "member" of the church I attend, but such ideas of membership are more "organizational" than anything else. When one puts their faith in Christ they become a member of the body of Christ, the true Church. There really isn't any additional precedent for "membership" to a church to be found in the Bible.

As far a hypocrites are concerned, every human being I have met qualifies. We all say one thing and do another, or do something we say we shouldn't. It's part of our falleness for sure. Thank God for His Grace through Jesus.

Sadly presently in my life I don't have anyone that I'm close to that I can really open up and share with. I long for it. I pray for it. Maybe some day that person will arrive. Some days I feel I'm too broken to ever really get it and can only hold on as best I can until I can enter into God's physical presence.

#458348 - 01/09/14 03:48 PM Re: calling all christian survivors [Re: JustScott]
victor-victim Offline

Originally Posted By: JustScott
Wow, do you speak all those languages? I'm grew up and still in the US, so if it's not English, I'm lost, and now that I'm 38, I really regret never earnestly learning another language. I would like to learn spanish.

the bible is an excellent method of learning how to "speak in tongues" wink
pardon the pun, but i it is a fact that i am using the bible to learn Japanese and Spanish and Greek and Hebrew and Latin, and the results are amazing.
the other languages i learned from travelling and books.
German is my most fluent,
followed by minimal Thai, Indonesian, Polish, and French.
i even dabble in Punjabi because of our local demographic.

I spent some time in the Dominican Republic and would love to live there someday and serve the Lord ministering to anyone who God brought my way.

that sounds exciting. i would love to travel some more after my children become adults, and i have been dreaming of it. but it's not likely for five years at least.

I agree with you about needing to hear the Word preached in a church or if it's purely entertainment. I currently attend a United Methodist church, and our local congregation is pretty solid, although I have quite a few issues with the larger church organization.

I'm very much about studying how the "church" was in the book of Acts and I get frustrated with how different it is from the way it is done today. The two are so different.

i feel exactly the same way.

I'm glad to hear you are looking to be baptized. It is Biblical and doing so is simply being obedient to the call of Christ is your life. You probably already know this, but it's simply the outward sign of the decision or faith in Jesus you have already professed.

I'm also a "member" of the church I attend, but such ideas of membership are more "organizational" than anything else. When one puts their faith in Christ they become a member of the body of Christ, the true Church. There really isn't any additional precedent for "membership" to a church to be found in the Bible.

amen

As far a hypocrites are concerned, every human being I have met qualifies. We all say one thing and do another, or do something we say we shouldn't. It's part of our falleness for sure. Thank God for His Grace through Jesus.

Romans 3:23 - For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God.
Ecclesiastes 7:20 - For there is not a just man upon earth, that doeth good, and sinneth not.
1 Corinthians 10:13 - No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it.

i am still a hypocrite and a sinner and that is a big part of my prayer process. it was a lot easier being a rebel. that came naturally. submission takes a little work.

John 14:15 - If ye love me, keep my commandments.
2 Corinthians 7:1 - Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.

i do love god for he has kept his promises to me.
Ezekiel 36:26 - "I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; I will take the heart of stone out of your flesh and give you a heart of flesh."
Psalm 34:4 - "I sought the Lord, and He heard me, and delivered me from all my fears."
Philippians 4:19 - "God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus."
James 1:5 - "If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him."

i pray for the power of the holy spirit to strengthen me in spiritual warfare. i still have daily battles with demons to deal with, and i doubt the devil will retreat until he is defeated. god has kept all his promises to me, so far.

i am working on these now.

Isaiah 26:3 - "You will keep him in perfect peace,
Whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You."

not totally there yet.

the bible promises me that i am a work in progress but i will be perfected.

Philippians 1:6 - Being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.
Matthew 5:48 - Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.
1 John 2:5 - But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.
1 John 4:12 - No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us.

Sadly presently in my life I don't have anyone that I'm close to that I can really open up and share with. I long for it. I pray for it. Maybe some day that person will arrive. Some days I feel I'm too broken to ever really get it and can only hold on as best I can until I can enter into God's physical presence.

some of the reasons i am here

War
Love
Poetry

#458810 - 01/17/14 11:38 AM Re: calling all christian survivors [Re: victor-victim]
JustScott Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

So, where do you want to begin? Shall we continue here? Or view a private chat? Who else to involve or invite if we do it privately?

I love a good discussion and I think the framework of your initial post is a good one.

#458818 - 01/17/14 01:59 PM Re: calling all christian survivors [Re: victor-victim]
nltsaved Offline

Loc: Kc,Mo
Quote:
Matthew 5:48 - Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

my pastor has been pounding this and he keeps using a Vince Lombardi quote. We are to strive for perfection and in doing so we might fall short on excellence.

Jesus indeed sets the bar high and it should be in order for us to continuously have to grow and because we have an enemy that wants nothing more than to see us fall away from the higher call in Christ Jesus. So by setting the bar at perfection we will always have another level that we can reach because we are in the flesh we will inevitably fall but knowing that the goal is perfection this does not allow us to stay down or stay in our fallen state.
you are not alone never were
WRITTEN FORM
http://www.malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=339159#Post339159
Why i hate Religion but love Jesus
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IAhDGYlpqY

#458835 - 01/17/14 07:20 PM Re: calling all christian survivors [Re: victor-victim]
victor-victim Offline

nltsaved,
matthew chapter 5 is one of my favourite reads.

i strive for excellence in everything i do.
perfection is impossible, but worth the attempt.

p.s. i just finished reading isaiah and jeremiah again.
it took a couple of days.

War
Love
Poetry

#458836 - 01/17/14 07:33 PM Re: calling all christian survivors [Re: JustScott]
victor-victim Offline

So, where do you want to begin? Shall we continue here? Or view a private chat? Who else to involve or invite if we do it privately?

I love a good discussion and I think the framework of your initial post is a good one.

we have already begun.
we shall continue here.
no private chat please, let the light shine.
anyone who agrees with the framework of the initial post is invited and involved.

War
Love
Poetry

#458840 - 01/17/14 08:13 PM Re: calling all christian survivors [Re: victor-victim]
victor-victim Offline

this scripture gives me great comfort in troubled times.

romans chapter 8

Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus,
because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives life has set you free from the law of sin and death.
For what the law was powerless to do because it was weakened by the flesh,
God did by sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh to be a sin offering.
And so he condemned sin in the flesh, in order that the righteous requirement of the law might be fully met in us,
who do not live according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.
Those who live according to the flesh have their minds set on what the flesh desires;
but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires.
The mind governed by the flesh is death, but the mind governed by the Spirit is life and peace.
The mind governed by the flesh is hostile to God; it does not submit to God’s law, nor can it do so.
Those who are in the realm of the flesh cannot please God.
You, however, are not in the realm of the flesh but are in the realm of the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God lives in you.
And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, they do not belong to Christ.
But if Christ is in you, then even though your body is subject to death because of sin,
the Spirit gives life because of righteousness.
And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you,
he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies because of his Spirit who lives in you.
Therefore, brothers and sisters, we have an obligation—but it is not to the flesh, to live according to it.
For if you live according to the flesh, you will die;
but if by the Spirit you put to death the misdeeds of the body, you will live.
For those who are led by the Spirit of God are the children of God.
The Spirit you received does not make you slaves, so that you live in fear again;
rather, the Spirit you received brought about your adoption to sonship.
And by him we cry, “Abba, Father.”
The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children.
Now if we are children, then we are heirs—heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ,
if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory.
I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us.
For the creation waits in eager expectation for the children of God to be revealed.
For the creation was subjected to frustration, not by its own choice,
but by the will of the one who subjected it,
in hope that the creation itself will be liberated from its bondage to decay and brought into the freedom and glory of the children of God.
We know that the whole creation has been groaning as in the pains of childbirth right up to the present time.
Not only so, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit,
groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for our adoption to sonship, the redemption of our bodies.
For in this hope we were saved. But hope that is seen is no hope at all. Who hopes for what they already have?
But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently.
In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness.
We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans.
And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit,
because the Spirit intercedes for God’s people in accordance with the will of God.
And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.
For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son,
that he might be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters.
And those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified.

What, then, shall we say in response to these things?
If God is for us, who can be against us?
He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all—how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things?
Who will bring any charge against those whom God has chosen?
It is God who justifies.
Who then is the one who condemns?
No one. Christ Jesus who died—more than that, who was raised to life—is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us.
Who shall separate us from the love of Christ?
Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword?
As it is written:
“For your sake we face death all day long;
we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered.”
No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us.
For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers,
neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation,
will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

War
Love
Poetry

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.