Newest Members
Lumpy, squeekinby, rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms
12369 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
aleja (40), bc22 (47), DavidMI (40), Forrest_Gump (39), Jay1946 (68), Malc4 (29), mpm01 (49), widpaulman (43)
Who's Online
13 registered (finallyhere, gettingstronger, JW1230, 6 invisible), 20 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12369 Members
74 Forums
63575 Topics
444180 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#458166 - 01/07/14 12:32 PM Re: Non AA ways to get sober? [Re: little big man]
Magellan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: California
Thanks for your input LBM. smile

Edited by Magellan (01/07/14 12:34 PM)

Loving Kindness Meditation will dramatically improve your spirits; give it a try for just 3 days: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sz7cpV7ERsM

#458236 - 01/08/14 10:13 AM Re: Non AA ways to get sober? [Re: Magellan]
ScottSmith Offline

Loc: CA desert
I stopped smoking weed on Veterans Day. I had to, smoking wasn't fun anymore. If AA program wasn't right for you. Find something that does work. You have to make a healthier choice and stick to it.
Suggestions: Journaling, chatting, Art, yoga, moving, sweating, knitting. I don't know. Anything….
For me, On Vets day, i woke up and I was like hmm. After smoking all that good shit the night before, i mean the best, and i STILL WOKE UP SOBER. Why don't i just go to bed sober? So i did and I have been sober ever since.
Now i had some beers w a friend last week that was cool. But even then, why did i drink?
Find the honest truths about yourself. Get to the root. And then find a way to deal with those issues. Stop numbing the pain. Feel the feelings.
For me it is Yoga. The breathing hard, working my body and yet being still. And still sweating my ass off. I haven't sweat like that in ages. And some how, I am connecting to me, my soul and my feelings. At the end of the class, such bliss.
The money i am speeding on yoga classes is cheaper than the weed i was buying. My body thanks me and my spirit thanks me.
That is what i am doing and its working for me now.

p.s. For all of you in the A.A program, I know the program works. I support it 100%. It was just not for me. Sobriety on any level is better than using. Period.
Just do the best you can today. And keep on trying. You will find what works for you.

Edited by ScottSmith (01/08/14 10:15 AM)

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.