Newest Members
Xr2, clt, Lumpy, squeekinby, rhyoung
12371 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
drivejoepublic (44), eagle299 (43), H18 (21), JJJ (43), mariposaman (63), SevenTwoTwo76 (39), TexAgMan (37), waiter (44), wgwarch (55)
Who's Online
4 registered (BraveFalcon, lapchinj, traveler, 1 invisible), 32 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12371 Members
74 Forums
63591 Topics
444241 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#458060 - 01/05/14 09:51 PM Living a normal life
blockade Offline

Do you consider yourself to live a 'normal' life are does that seem an alien concept to you?
I would consider myself to get by normally, however, carrying a dark cloud around that can vary in size anytime

#458061 - 01/05/14 10:20 PM Re: Living a normal life [Re: blockade]
Castle Offline

Loc: NJ
Cant help myself but Normal is just a setting on the washing machine. I live a fairly typical suburban life. with a few twists, but I fit in pretty well.

My posts can self destruct at any time..read them while you can.

#458063 - 01/05/14 10:30 PM Re: Living a normal life [Re: blockade]
Jacob S Offline
MaleSurvivor

No, I'm pretty much as far from normal as you can get. I try to wear that as a badge of pride, but sometimes it is tough.
all the people he can trust.
Like the one who stands behind him
cheering him on
Estatic when he stands defiant,
wild with abandon when he's gone

just stay alive.
do whatever you need to.
you are worth it.

#458064 - 01/05/14 10:35 PM Re: Living a normal life [Re: blockade]
Castle Offline

Then I ask for a definition of "normal"?

#458065 - 01/05/14 10:41 PM Re: Living a normal life [Re: Castle]
Jacob S Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: Castle
Then I ask for a definition of "normal"?

I think what you said about "fit in pretty well" is a pretty good one. I am noticeably different from most in terms of schedule I keep, things I spend my time on, thinks I think about, how I talk about things, even how I look. Not in any way someone who fits in with society.
all the people he can trust.
Like the one who stands behind him
cheering him on
Estatic when he stands defiant,
wild with abandon when he's gone

just stay alive.
do whatever you need to.
you are worth it.

#458067 - 01/05/14 10:48 PM Re: Living a normal life [Re: blockade]
Castle Offline

my suggestion would be you are not abnormal…lol you are just into different shit. Thats why I feel being "normal" is such a trap. Normal to who's definition.

In suburban NJ life, I get by but not sure how "normal"I am and why I don't use the term outside of the functions of a washing machine.

on the "normal" side, I have two kids and a wife, on the other "normal" side, I have pet chickens, a hedgehog, and a juliana pig….have zero interest or time for religion am a stay at home dad, who participates in the chool system, while not taking crap off the yenta "suburban moms"

We are who we are laugh

#458068 - 01/05/14 10:52 PM Re: Living a normal life [Re: blockade]
Castle Offline

I constantly look at, ignore and function through normal. One persons normal is another persons lunacy.

Lets just live and be happy and not have to fit into other peoples definitions of something so ambiguous as "normal".

#458069 - 01/05/14 11:06 PM Re: Living a normal life [Re: blockade]
Castle Offline

I would much rather be genuine than normal . Genuine people get and can feel, fake bullshit "normal" people can read right through…especially those who are also pretending top be normal to just fit in. Genuine poelpe want to spend time with outer people who are genuine, and not always the same people….thats where we learn stuff and experience life…connecting with like minded but different people.

IMHO

#458081 - 01/06/14 08:39 AM Re: Living a normal life [Re: blockade]
concerned_husky Offline
MaleSurvivor

Blockade,

A "normal" life is an alien concept to me for sure. I feel like a 9-to-5 is something I can never settle down in. Marriage, family, kids, car, house - eons away. I guess by "normal", you mean conformist? Adhering to norms and customs, adopting mannerisms, social values etc. It's hard to define. That being said, I do think I can relate to what you said about the "dark cloud". Apart from to a close few on MS, I think I hide that part of myself really well behind a facade of an easygoing if slightly eccentric guy. But like you said, the size of that cloud varies, and when it gets bigger, and you're still playing a role or enforcing the normal-guy-facade, reality does seem unreal and that there's a big part of you that's existing largely under the radar, without any attention or recognition. A double life of sorts, I guess. It's sometimes nice to fit in with the "normals", but it can get pretty tiring and a part of me does feel lost for sure.

#458083 - 01/06/14 09:24 AM Re: Living a normal life [Re: blockade]
newground Offline
Chatroom Moderator
MaleSurvivor
Loc: michigan
when I first came here I told nearly everyone I talked to that normal had been my goal all my life. I just wanted to be like everyone else. and I dont know how many times I heard this comment."normal is just a setting on the dryer" and they were right. normal is different for every person, each experience we have had ,good or bad changes what normal might be for us. the others,the untouched have no idea of what it takes a survivor to process and so we can feel on the outside at times. but among the other survivors we hear " yea I get that, or I used to do that all the time!" that was a miracle for me when I heard it. I was NOT insane or going insane, I was not too weird,odd, or whatever. I was a SURVIVOR and my definition of what is typical is much different then those who have not had the experiences. not bad, and not better, just different. I hope that you can feel better soon man
jeff
Towards thee I roll, thou all-destroying but unconquering whale; to the last I grapple with thee; from hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee. let me then tow to pieces, while still chasing thee, thou damned whale! Thus, I give up the spear!"
Herman Melville

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.