Newest Members
journey4two, VASurvivor, jayceemac, rwolf, FindingNemo
12328 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alicia (55), bubblytam (56), crazydragon (39), JGag78 (36), kris82 (32), Shin (28)
Who's Online
3 registered (traveler, CafeMan, 1 invisible), 27 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12328 Members
74 Forums
63396 Topics
443250 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#458000 - 01/04/14 09:05 PM 2nd Grader's "Buddy Bench" Idea Put To Use.
BraveFalcon Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: The ATL
This story is so awesome! What an awesome little kid and what an awesome idea! It's nice to see school officials actually taking a child's idea seriously and putting it into action. This story brought a smile to my face and brightened my day a little. I hope it will brighten yours as well. Peace,

Ken

The Buddy Bench

PS: I realize this story doesn't relate to the issue of abuse but a lot of people here, myself included, had a big problem as kids with isolation and alienation from other kids, which this does relate to. So, I posted it. smile

Edited by BraveFalcon (01/04/14 09:48 PM)

#458013 - 01/04/14 11:21 PM Re: 2nd Grader's "Buddy Bench" Idea Put To Use. [Re: BraveFalcon]
kcinohio Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ohio
Great story!

#458053 - 01/05/14 06:02 PM Re: 2nd Grader's "Buddy Bench" Idea Put To Use. [Re: BraveFalcon]
Rich1967 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: PA
That is pretty cool, but I think I wouldn't have been brave enough to sit on it. Can you imagine sitting there and not having anyone come over... would have just reinforced how much I knew I was worthless.

"Me too" - I don't think I will ever get tired of saying or hearing these two words.

My Story:
http://www.malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=441625#Post441625

#458058 - 01/05/14 09:22 PM Re: 2nd Grader's "Buddy Bench" Idea Put To Use. [Re: BraveFalcon]
Castle Offline

Loc: NJ
While not exactly this story...I am one of the chairs for pizza Monday in our elementary school.

the kids with allergy s have a special table to sit at.... it had been one of my things to sit with the allergy group from each grade level and just spend time with them.

it started with one boy who seems to be on some spectrum, nit sure which one, but zzz I hated he had to sit by himself and started sorting and taking music with him weekly. it sorta snowballed from there as I sit with each grade level but I find it very important to connect with some of the kids who have trouble connecting.
I just have that ability, and I hope further down they life they try something out of thier comfort zone because somebody was willing and interested in them... that a simple, easy, piece of human interaction helps them on thier journey.
Funny, the cool dad sits there, maybe others will and have tried... it's paying attention and giving easy unconditional safe love to those who might not get it from thier peers.
One of the reasons, I really enjoy participation in pizza Mondays.

Edited by Castle (01/05/14 09:23 PM)

My posts can self destruct at any time..read them while you can.

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.