Newest Members
RodrigoBR, MJ545, Marant, BeingFound, journey4two
12332 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cricket453 (60)
Who's Online
8 registered (Going forward, pufferfish, fff123, Obi, petercorbett, 2 invisible), 20 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12332 Members
74 Forums
63412 Topics
443342 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#433253 - 05/02/13 06:03 AM Re: Freeway Killer - Story of William Bonin [Re: pufferfish]
Jacob S Offline
MaleSurvivor

Quote:
i despise films where little or no depth of character is given to victims,

I know what you mean. I haven't seen it, but a few years ago everyone was talking about how brilliant the film "doubt" is. Its about a priest accused of child abuse. From what I've heard, first it doesn't really get into what an awful thing that really is. Second, the film never bothers to get the childrens perspective of what is going on, not even the alleged victim. Its all based on understanding the accused perp rather than the children. Like I said I haven't seen it so maybe I have a skewed perspective, but it doesn't sound like the kind of film I'd be able to sit through without throwing something.
all the people he can trust.
Like the one who stands behind him
cheering him on
Estatic when he stands defiant,
wild with abandon when he's gone

just stay alive.
do whatever you need to.
you are worth it.

#457759 - 01/01/14 01:50 PM Re: Freeway Killer - Story of William Bonin [Re: pufferfish]
pufferfish Online   embarrased
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: pufferfish post#355979
This came in the mail from Netflix today:

Freeway Killer - Story of William Bonin

A new book is expected to be put out soon about the only known living victim of the Freeway Killer William Bonin. Bonin's accomplice was James Michael Munro. He (Munro) is to be put up for parole soon (Jan. 28). The survivor's name is David McVicker.

Apparently survivor David A. McVicker has not posted previously in MS. He has a facebook presence.

He needs your support because the Freeway Killer's accomplice, James Michael Munro, is due to be put up for parole soon. The hearing is January 28, 2014. David feels very threatened by this. He feels, and logically so, that his life might be imperiled by Munro's release. He has a petition about this which you can sign. That would help him.

The (co)author of the book on David McVicker's harrowing story is Wayne Hicks, who has published several other books. Wayne Hicks has an author page in Amazon.com:
http://www.amazon.com/Wayne-Hicks/e/B00FOPSVK2/

See the website for David's survivor story:
http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/raped-again

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pufferfish has to apologize for confusing two similar survivor stories from different people. I earlier reported on a survivor named Keith Smith. It turns out that he is NOT the same as David McVicker, who is the subject of this post. Keith Smith was the subject of earlier posts in this thread. Apparently Keith Smith's story is not connected with that of William Bonin or David McVicker. Keith Smith has a book on his different but somewhat similar experience: http://www.amazon.com/Men-My-Town-Keith-Smith-ebook/dp/B0022NGB2O/ Apparently Keith Smith was merely citing similarity of his experience to other boys kidnapped such as David McVicker but not identifying his experience as being the same. Keith Smith does identify his book as a novel. He states that his survivor story as related in his book is true but that some names were changed to protect some people. See:
http://www.malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthr...true#Post285766

Pufferfish

Edited by pufferfish (01/02/14 01:19 PM)

#457789 - 01/02/14 02:22 AM Re: Freeway Killer - Story of William Bonin [Re: pufferfish]
David McVicker Offline

Loc: United States
Hello everyone I am David McVicker , I am the only survivor of William Bonin aka the freeway killer. I have spent most of my life with PTSD from his attack. It has been a life long nightmare trying to find justice for myself and all of their victims. I need help. I need signatures for a patition to keep one of the child killers in jail. He says that he will kill again and said that his friends will kill me before I can testify at his parol hearing on January 28 , 2014 at mule creek prison in California . Please visit my website and please help me in any way that you can. Rapedagain.com thank you for your support.

#457791 - 01/02/14 02:49 AM Re: Freeway Killer - Story of William Bonin [Re: Jacob S]
David McVicker Offline

Loc: United States
I had to watch it. I am the only kid that got to live. You're right they never asked me anything before they made it. They did portray Bonin like he really was. The movie was a trigger for me. There are lots of triggers for me. I saw Bonin get executed in 1996 and I thought it was over but nope. After all these years I'm still having to relive it because of parole hearings for the accomplices and death threats from the accomplice . That's why my book is called raped again. I am living proof of how screwed up a life can be because of one demented individual
. Rapedagain.com

#457816 - 01/02/14 01:39 PM Re: Freeway Killer - Story of William Bonin [Re: David McVicker]
MaleSurvivor

David McVicker's website lists the many victims of serial killer of boys William Bonin and his accomplices with pictures where available. It's interesting.

Rapedagain.com

http://rapedagain.com/

The following photo is of David McVicker at age 14 when he was kidnapped:

David McVicker as he looks now:

David's forthcoming book:

If you pre-order David McVicker's book, it will help with the production costs and will help in its timely production. If it comes out prior to the parole hearing it will help a lot.

You may also sign up for his petition regarding the parole of one of Bonin's accomplices on January 28.

Posted by Pufferfish

Edited by pufferfish (01/02/14 06:11 PM)

#458048 - 01/05/14 04:36 PM Re: Freeway Killer - Story of William Bonin [Re: pufferfish]
MaleSurvivor

David McVicker has posted in facebook the following letter to the California Parole Board.

He needs as many of you as possible to take an interest in this.

Originally Posted By: David McVicker

California Board of Parole Hearings: Deny Parole to James Michael Munro

Petition by

David McVicker et al

James Michael Munro was convicted of second degree murder for his role in the murder of Steven Wells by "Freeway Killer" William George Bonin on June 2nd, 1980. Although he has repeatedly claimed that he was forced to participate in fear for his own life, he has also made other statements that indicate he was a willing accomplice, and even claimed that he was the actual murderer, rather than Bonin.

James Michael Munro will appear before the Borad of Parole Hearings on Jan 29th, 2014, to again seek parole. However, statements made by Munro during a radio interview in 2009, during which Munro stated that he had killed other victims, that he found killing young men and boys to be enjoyable, that he would kill again if released and that he "now knows how to get away with it," indicate that he would present a genuine danger to society if released. In addition, Munro has also been heard to make statements that he would attempt to arrange the death of at least one witness who plans to appear at his Parole Hearing: David A. McVicker, the only known survivor of Bonin's murder spree. Mr. McVicker has long campaigned for denial of parole for those convicted of such heinous crimes, and after publicly stating that he will appear at the hearing, he was warned by authorities that Munro had made this threat against his life.

In his own writings, Munro has attempted to present himself as a victim, rather than an accomplice. However, after the murder of Steven Wells, Munro fled the state of California and attempted by telephone calls and other methods to determine if he were a suspect in the murder. This is indicative of an attempt to conceal guilt rather than to establish any claim of innocence or mitigating circumstance, and when finally arrested, Munro entered a plea of guilty to second degree murder and agreed to testify against Bonin in exchange for avoiding the death penalty.

In conclusion, and in light of the facts presented above, it is the opinion of the undersigned that James Michael Munro continues to present a danger to society, and should remain incarcerated, with parole denied.

Puffer

#458049 - 01/05/14 04:38 PM Re: Freeway Killer - Story of William Bonin [Re: David McVicker]
victor-victim Offline

Loc: O Kanada
dear david,

i dread the day that they make some inaccurate sensationalized movie version of the serial killer i escaped.
it will probably make me relapse.

although, i am sure i can handle it, because, after decades in the entertainment industry, i have become extremely hard to shock or disappoint. some call it jaded. we call it professional. i expect garbage and propaganda and art by committee based on bottom line budgets and hidden agendas.
if someone ever makes a film about my perp i will likely watch it, just to see how terrible the truth has been twisted.

these films often feed fictional fuel to the unpleasant aspect of "serial-killer" folklore, fame, fascination, fantasy and fans.
moths are drawn to the flame.
feces attracts flies.
those ghoul types are really hard to tolerate.
ran into all kinds of sick fcks in the music business.
i am not a doctor, nurse or paramedic.

some people actually admire and envy those that commit the crimes, calling it courage.
i feel sorry for them all,
i forgive their ignorance,
but they present a clear and present danger,
an obvious hazard which must be avoided and defended against.

i support your struggle.
i applaud your efforts.

i used to get really upset every time the serial killer who raped me was up for release. it hardly seemed fair that such a thing could even be possible for reasonable consideration.
the fact that he even dared to apply was insult enough to humanity.

in Canada, they refer to it at the "faint hope" clause.
he was never released, and eventually died in prison.

War
Love
Poetry

#458349 - 01/09/14 03:50 PM Re: Freeway Killer - Story of William Bonin [Re: victor-victim]
MaleSurvivor

McVicker has over 500 signitures on his petition and about 2 dozen have pre-ordered his book. Good going!

Here is a recent article about William Bonin the serial killer of boys:

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2013/01/09/when-serial-killers-strike-california-freeway-killer

Puffer

#458915 - 01/18/14 09:19 PM Re: Freeway Killer - Story of William Bonin [Re: pufferfish]
MaleSurvivor

David now has about 768 signers of his petition

Puffer

#459567 - 01/28/14 12:12 AM Re: Freeway Killer - Story of William Bonin [Re: pufferfish]
MaleSurvivor

David McVicker was interviewed on TV Station HLN concerning release of serial killer William Bonin's accomplice James Michael Munro. The interviewer is Nancy Grace.

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2014/01/27/fr...ole?hpt=hln10_3

Watch this. It only takes a few minutes.

David McVicker's website is

http://rapedagain.com/

It's an interesting website.

Posted by Puffer

Edited by pufferfish (01/28/14 12:30 AM)

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.