Newest Members
Stormchaser, johnnyc717, bluebook, Roscoe, SJC
12314 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
blueturtle (46), David C (40), DavidC (40), Derdlecar (61), Hector (54)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 16 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12314 Members
74 Forums
63366 Topics
443076 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#457307 - 12/24/13 02:31 AM Re: A Day With My Family *Triggers* [Re: concerned_husky]
concerned_husky Offline
MaleSurvivor

Kevin, everyone, thanks for the support and your words of kindness/encouragement.

I still have difficulties internalizing compliments. I'll be trying to get my head around to the thought that I'm strong.

I've done a lot of reflecting over the past few days. I'm staying with my parental units for about four weeks. I'm pretty sure I'll be damaged, but I'm also certain I won't be broken. As long as I don't lose myself - awareness of what I need, want, believe in, feel, think - then I think I can endure. I'm going to remind myself that the world isn't about to end.

On a lighter note. Huskies are bred to endure hardships and freezing cold weather. They're also pack animals. Thanks everyone. smile

#457309 - 12/24/13 02:36 AM Re: A Day With My Family *Triggers* [Re: concerned_husky]
peroperic2009 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: South-East Europe
Originally Posted By: concerned_husky
On a lighter note. Huskies are bred to endure hardships and freezing cold weather. They're also pack animals. Thanks everyone. smile

Hey Husky,
don't forget in case of need to make one loud woof and we will come to help you wherever you'll be wink
You are not alone wink !

Pero

#457312 - 12/24/13 06:13 AM Re: A Day With My Family *Triggers* [Re: concerned_husky]
victor-victim Offline

Loc: O Kanada
I felt like I was there.

War
Love
Poetry

#457416 - 12/26/13 08:10 AM Re: A Day With My Family *Triggers* [Re: concerned_husky]
newground Offline
Chatroom Moderator
MaleSurvivor
Loc: michigan
hey husky
I just now got the chance to read your post ((( husky)))I know the feeling well. when there are no more words nothing you can say.and then the blood. you are so much more man. no matter how it feels or what is said you are more than what has happened and worth more. your journal moved me man I know the frustration of trying to be something someone else wants. just know you are not that little boy now. you can begin to find yourself and be that good and excellent man you were born to be.
Jeff
Towards thee I roll, thou all-destroying but unconquering whale; to the last I grapple with thee; from hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee. let me then tow to pieces, while still chasing thee, thou damned whale! Thus, I give up the spear!"
Herman Melville

#457530 - 12/28/13 08:44 AM Re: A Day With My Family *Triggers* [Re: concerned_husky]
focusedbody Offline

Loc: NY
Hey, Husky.

Back for a moment from my holiday visits, I had a chance to read your painful post-poem.

What is most powerful to me is your courage in letting it out of your journal. Not so much as in the sharing, albeit a brave act itself, but in your own ability to reflect on that period in your life. For me, there are many terror-stricken situations to reflect on. When I am able to "go there" from a place of greater safety, it feels like a sign of progress.

The realization of the "gap" is perhaps the most striking example of this. Everyday I fear that I might come to know more of them, and it keeps me isolated and afraid.

Hope you will find some time to keep celebrating yourself.

FB

#457597 - 12/29/13 12:51 PM Re: A Day With My Family *Triggers* [Re: concerned_husky]
Ever-fixed Mark Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States
Concerned Husky,

Courage +50
Vulnerability +50
Honesty +50

Truly a heroic combination.

-efm

Everybody here's got a story to tell
Everybody's been through their own hell
There's nothing too special about getting hurt
Getting over it, that takes the work

- "Duck and Cover" by Glen Phillips

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, Publius 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.