Newest Members
0128, jeremywickers, JScott12, TMatti2, DaiseyLady
12502 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
innocence (60), pablo999 (53)
Who's Online
6 registered (GT13568, 0128, woodenshoes, lapchinj, 2 invisible), 15 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12502 Members
74 Forums
64189 Topics
447922 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#457482 - 12/27/13 03:22 PM To Be Grateful for Others
KMCINVA Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Today I was with client’s who have been wonderful. I have worked for them on several transactions and today’s transaction was an inter-family sale. I love meeting with them, they laugh, joke, smile and are truly good people. Never a harsh word about anyone. I know much about their lives and it amazes me how kind, generous and open minded these people are after enduring more than many parents would ever have to endure. But then I thought and realized those that have lived with difficulties and challenges in their lives tend to see the good in others (but many times not themselves). They are so welcoming and embracing. From very traditional families, devout Catholics, and believe the church’s stance against equality for certain people is unchristian. She has said people are someone’s son, daughter, brother, sister, father or mother, aunt, uncle or friend and how could people turn from them. Seeing them always reminds me of how they live and it gives me hope and makes me feel good.

Later I had to go to Costco’s. I was looking for something for an event but they did not have what I needed. As I turned around guess who was standing behind me. I hear his laugh and their daughter and son-in-law’s. We ended up talking for another 30 minutes. It made for a wonderful day. I try to write about what I am grateful for each day and clearly these people are on today’s list.

#457494 - 12/27/13 05:52 PM Re: To Be Grateful for Others [Re: KMCINVA]
Bluedogone Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Southeast US
What a great post! Thanks.

I'm a great believer in journalizing and making lists, and this is an awesome list to make.
To quote someone (sorry, I don't recall who) "People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how they made you feel."
I think the family you were with today were prime examples to show how true this is.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.