Newest Members
susanhepp, Breathe, georgetwo, frozen45, lilac
12291 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
closure (24), esp22 (40)
Who's Online
5 registered (tbkkfile, 4 invisible), 22 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12291 Members
73 Forums
63239 Topics
442217 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#456543 - 12/10/13 06:04 PM Misplaced Effort
catfish86 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ohio
I am thinking this district needs to worry more about the teacher kissing the student. Unless this little girl tells him to stop or cries or something, I don't see this. Why do some people take little things WAY out of proportion then turn a blind eye to real sexual abuse?

Little Boy Kissses Girl on Cheek: Sexual Harassment Suspension
And the Wisdom to know the difference.

#456550 - 12/10/13 07:22 PM Re: Misplaced Effort [Re: catfish86]
victor-victim Offline

Loc: O Kanada
i can't even believe this actually happened!!!

you are so right, catfish.

Why do some people take little things WAY out of proportion then turn a blind eye to real sexual abuse?

War
Love
Poetry

#456911 - 12/16/13 10:24 PM Re: Misplaced Effort [Re: victor-victim]
BraveFalcon Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: The ATL

Judging by his actions, this little boy was not only an obvious sex fiend but also a up and coming terrorist. A threat to the security of our nation and to the moral fabric of society. Thank God, thank God every day, that the brave and brilliant school officials in Canon City, CO did something about him before it was to late. I can sleep a little easier tonight. Peace,

Ken

#456924 - 12/17/13 12:39 AM Re: Misplaced Effort [Re: catfish86]
Jacob S Offline
MaleSurvivor

It's really easy to sit here and judge, buy we might not know the full story. It doesn't sound like they did the right thing, but we haven't heard at all from the girl's family and we don't know the full history of why they felt the need to take such an extreme action. School administrators have a tough job and I think maybe we don't need to make a snap judgment on every single story that comes down the pike.
all the people he can trust.
Like the one who stands behind him
cheering him on
Estatic when he stands defiant,
wild with abandon when he's gone

just stay alive.
do whatever you need to.
you are worth it.

#456949 - 12/17/13 09:45 AM Re: Misplaced Effort [Re: catfish86]
BuffaloCO Offline

Loc: USA
True school officials have a tough job. However, use of common sense sometimes would make that easier. Some sort of action should be taken as he needs to understand why this may not be right, but seriously....sexual harassment? Permanently on the record? Overboard PC reaction as far as I'm concerned.

#457032 - 12/18/13 06:58 PM Re: Misplaced Effort [Re: catfish86]
ThisMan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: upper south
I think more than likely we know not the entire story. There are a few things I find troubling with what I read the first time, and the second time as well. Just based on this quote from the article….

"The boy's mother tells KRDO-TV her son was suspended once before for kissing the girl and had disciplinary problems, but the girl did not object to being kissed. She told the station that the two children like each other."

He was suspended earlier for doing the same thing.
His own parents admitted his disciplinary problems.

But most troubling is the fact that his mother says "the girl did not object to being kissed….the two children like each other".

No. No. No. It is not the boy's mother who decides the personal boundaries for this little girl, or in the classroom of six year olds. And how could she say the girl did not object to being kissed… ?? Isn't this an odd statement for her to make.

If we think about the entire scenario, include his past behavior problem which does include breech of others' personal boundaries, factor in that mom (and dad?) have failed to teach him to respect others' personal boundaries, the school's social expectation for behavior (which had been set forth) I do believe the school district made the correct decision. Instead of justifying her child's pre-predatory behavior, the mother should indeed be focusing on teaching her child acceptable social etiquette and behavior and consequences for failing to adhere to what society expects in those areas.

The other "give-away" that the mother is lacking parental skills, is that she is seeking national victimhood for her son. This mode of exposure is the new "go to" for parents whose children have been "wounded" by their school district. There is no hesitation in presenting him on screen at the age of six as the victim of an over zealous school administration. When in fact he is acting out in the classroom in a sexually unacceptable manner, albeit, a kiss… but a kiss he had been told before not to share.

On the first warning, then the first suspension, it became the boy's parents responsibility to say, "Don't do that again".

Okay… that's just my opinion based on my classroom years and what I glean from the article. But I also want to say the little girl does indeed have the right to NOT be expected to accept an unwanted kiss.

The kid probably doesn't know what sexual harassment is, but someone has to teach him right behavior from wrong behavior.

#457167 - 12/21/13 02:13 AM Re: Misplaced Effort [Re: Jacob S]
Zero Offline

Loc: Tennessee
Originally Posted By: Jacob S
It's really easy to sit here and judge, buy we might not know the full story. It doesn't sound like they did the right thing, but we haven't heard at all from the girl's family and we don't know the full history of why they felt the need to take such an extreme action. School administrators have a tough job and I think maybe we don't need to make a snap judgment on every single story that comes down the pike.

This,

But the article says the two children liked one another and the girl did not object so I am left to assume that the school board it full of idiots.

#457372 - 12/25/13 10:16 AM Re: Misplaced Effort [Re: catfish86]
Castle Offline

Loc: NJ
I'm actually really surprised by the responses to this situation not only here but across the spectrum.

While it might have been harsh... boundaries were broken and the school should keep with a no kissing/ touching rule.

Where is the line? Who decides the grey area? or do we just keep it simple and say school is not the appropriate place to show that type of affection and is where we begin to teach our children boundaries and responsibility.

Similarly I feel people would be up in arms if the story was... boy touches girl inappropriately, warning signs were the boy was not disciplined after kissing girl multiple times and progressed to more inappropriate touching. principle fired and school being sued for a gazillion dollars.

We need strict boundaries and consistency or lines get blurred.

My posts can self destruct at any time..read them while you can.

#457373 - 12/25/13 10:22 AM Re: Misplaced Effort [Re: Zero]
Castle Offline

Loc: NJ
Originally Posted By: Zero
Originally Posted By: Jacob S

This,

But the article says the two children liked one another and the girl did not object so I am left to assume that the school board it full of idiots.

I don't think it matters at all if the kids like each other, or objected, nor are they idiots for bringing and adhearing to proper boundaries.

what if the next time it's with somebody who objects? what if next time a child doesn't want to be seen as "uncool" and submits because they see others doing it and they want to fit in, but doesn't really like it?

I wonder if the response would be the same if two boys kisses in school because they li ked each other and didn't object.

My posts can self destruct at any time..read them while you can.

#457390 - 12/25/13 03:51 PM Re: Misplaced Effort [Re: catfish86]
victor-victim Offline

Loc: O Kanada
you make perfect sense, castle.
i am glad that i don't have that kind of official authority or liability.
all i have to worry about is tension, compression, terminal velocity, catastrophic failure, force vectors, gravity, friction, falling or dropping.
i much prefer my problems smile

War
Love
Poetry

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.