Newest Members
lilac, The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101
12287 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cards (33), korbin2003 (39), Rosemary (53), Zebra (47)
Who's Online
4 registered (Mountainous Buck, ethereo222, 2 invisible), 22 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12287 Members
73 Forums
63218 Topics
442045 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#450752 - 10/21/13 08:01 AM Thai Massage
ACRoberts Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New Jersey (recently moved fro...
Brothers,
I have started working with a massage therapist who has incorporated Thai massage (which is pretty intense). Yesterday during the session, he said there were some places in my upper back where my body was holding onto emotions. He begain "digging" into these spots and I felt intense resistance and pain. He asked me to take a deep breath and breath out through the pain. I choked back tears as I was exhaling. When I got home later, I had moments of extreme sadness and grief.

Have any of you had body work with the same result? I have scheduled another session for next week. Maybe I will get rid of the demons that have been causing my tension for the past 55 years?

#450784 - 10/21/13 10:16 AM Re: Thai Massage [Re: ACRoberts]
Banjo596 Offline

Loc: Ohio
Very interesting to me Allan. I have an opportunity to participate in a similar type of body work in early November and am really looking forward to it. I have never entertained the thought of a stranger touching my body in a totally vulnerable way, but from what I hear of how emotionally freeing/relieving it can be, I am somewhat excited to pursue it.
Please continue to post about your experience with it!
Jeff

#457377 - 12/25/13 11:11 AM Re: Thai Massage [Re: ACRoberts]
CafeMan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Chicago
I get massages on a regular basis. Only one time where I lost it and cried in front of the therapist after the session.

It wasn't CSA related. My former employee drowned at 26, and I had just learned about the news a few days prior to the massage. I'm not a crier per se, and I usually like to shield my emotions. However, I thought of this employee like a kid brother, and it was difficult to know that this little "rock star" passed away. He was very charismatic, good looking and he knew what to say to people to make them feel a little joyous in life. He was also very humble and a true gentleman. He was respectful to my family and me. So it just felt that the wrong person was taken away so early in life. Long story short, the therapist understood. I collected myself and got dressed.

Point is, some intense massage treatments can do that to us depending on our emotional state at the time. It's the body's way of purging tension through the release of tears.

#457389 - 12/25/13 03:27 PM Re: Thai Massage [Re: ACRoberts]
victor-victim Offline

Loc: O Kanada
my wife loves to tell the tale of the time we accepted a thai massage from a tiny old man on a beach in Thailand.

lucky for her, i went first.

after watching me scream in pain as the old guy twisted me into a pretzel knot, wrestled me into submission holds, and probed my bone ligaments with his bony knuckles...
i saw stars and rainbows and i think i lost consciousness...
after i was tossed to the sand like a gasping fish,
she paid for both massages and politely cancelled her session.
it was intense, and from her perspective, entertaining.

did i cry? yes.
but then it felt great!

War
Love
Poetry

#457402 - 12/25/13 09:51 PM Re: Thai Massage [Re: ACRoberts]
newground Offline
Chatroom Moderator
MaleSurvivor
Loc: michigan
I have so often though about massage. in all honesty I cant handle the thought of that level of touch. I'm pretty sure I couldn't do it dressed. I know I couldn't do it undressed. sad thing is I hurt all the time in my muscles and joints and I know I carry tension there.I think the massage might help but I don't think I will ever know just because there is not enough reason to try it. what times my wife has tried rubbing my shoulders I only have found painful and not at all helpful as the tension only increases with that vulnerability. perhaps i will come to that place in my lifetime who knows.
Towards thee I roll, thou all-destroying but unconquering whale; to the last I grapple with thee; from hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee. let me then tow to pieces, while still chasing thee, thou damned whale! Thus, I give up the spear!"
Herman Melville

#457409 - 12/25/13 11:11 PM Re: Thai Massage [Re: ACRoberts]
BuffaloCO Offline

Loc: USA
I'm with newground, got a massage gift cert for Christmas once, had to give it away.

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.