Newest Members
DougieB, sethpeterson, R Ellis, SailingAway, Kitty6
12320 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Healer (53), Kilo (21), sdsjr (40), surfdude (57)
Who's Online
3 registered (pufferfish, 2 invisible), 23 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12320 Members
74 Forums
63375 Topics
443150 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#456144 - 12/05/13 06:42 PM Re: How I lost my best friend [Re: jcm]
HD001 Offline

Loc: us
I had a similar situation with a close friend once. I moved away and when I moved back we weren't close and I missed the friendship a lot. I chose to write her a letter and left it at her house. I told her about how much I valued our friendship and how I missed the good times. I offered an apology for anything I had done that might have hurt her.
I feel like this is a easy way to extend an olive branch without risking face to face rejection. Also if the person choses to not respond you have a chance to get a little closure by at least letting them know how much you enjoyed them.
In my case we she called me and we enjoyed a few more years of close friendship before life took us in seperate directions.

#457209 - 12/21/13 10:02 PM Re: How I lost my best friend [Re: jcm]
CafeMan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Chicago
I had a friend who I was close to and had a similar experience as you did. I went on vacation without telling her, and she got mad. We didn't talk after that for three years. She passed away last March. We never reconciled. I attended her memorial dinner. It was a sad event obviously, but I am glad I attended.

I wish things turned out differently, but I did not do anything inappropriate. Neither did you. Try and reach out via an email, inviting him for coffee. If he doesn't respond, then that's on HIM--not YOU!

Sometimes the best lesson I learned with friendships is that not all friendships are meant to last forever. Sometimes friends come for a a specific reason in our lives. This buddy may have been here for you for strength and support. But you are stronger now. You have grown within your life. So whatever happens . . . you will move forward in your life with or without this person.

I miss my friend, but I am proud to have had the experience of having her as a friend for a certain amount of time. So think of the good times and not the final outcome-whatever it may be.

Good Luck!

-Nick

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.