Newest Members
BCtejas, JHNebraska, mike42069, JACKL, Personman
12491 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
kb8715 (114), rom2057 (57), terrapin (51)
Who's Online
5 registered (wollensak, WriterKeith, pittsburgh, Dave PNW, 1 invisible), 24 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12491 Members
74 Forums
64158 Topics
447715 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#456817 - 12/14/13 06:34 PM I shared my Rape today.
ThisMan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: upper south
I had an expose' sort of conversation with a friend today. I told of the oral assault 5 years ago. I heard all the questions I thought I would hear and they didn't upset, they didn't set me back, and I didn't become offended or angered. Questions and comments such as you are a big guy, how could that have happened? Why did you stay? Didn't you know he was like this? Was that really rape? Did you challenge him? ..each of my responses was followed by another comment or question.

My final answer was actually the final truth. The truth as I understand it, as it seems, any of the experts I have read understand. I looked at the friend (male) and said, "It doesn't matter how many questions you ask, how many responses I give, it will never make sense. Rape will never be logical. You (or me) will never understand. This (me) is what rape leaves behind. It has given certain odd behaviors that I can't explain, don't want, but are a part of me. Rape has given me a new me. I am in the process of modifying, but this is now me."

I make no apologies for recognizing the new me. No apologies for withdrawing from a friendly pat. No apologies for watching my surroundings, and on and on. Today was a good day and permitted me to verbalize some of my thoughts regarding the effects of rape. Not in the context of victimization, but in the real world, long term effect. The survival experience, if you will. And I suppose that leaves me as a survivor. A survivor of rape. God, that last statement still breaks my heart. Okay, men. Onward, upward, and hugs to all.

Edited by ThisMan (12/14/13 06:35 PM)
Edit Reason: finished the title

#456823 - 12/14/13 09:32 PM Re: I shared my Rape today. [Re: ThisMan]
Jude Offline

Loc: New England
AAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Left here on my own or so it seems
I've got to leave before I start to scream
Joe Cocker

#456838 - 12/15/13 03:14 AM Re: I shared my Rape today. [Re: ThisMan]
victor-victim Offline

Loc: O Kanada
it is great that you stood your ground.
I'm glad you found comfort within your own skin.
situational awareness is a good thing.

War
Love
Poetry

#456929 - 12/17/13 01:41 AM Re: I shared my Rape today. [Re: ThisMan]
WriterKeith Online   embarrased
MaleSurvivor

Loc: southern California
Gentlemen, I think we have a new role model onboard. :-)

Here's to you, ThisMan.

#456954 - 12/17/13 12:05 PM Re: I shared my Rape today. [Re: ThisMan]
honorableman Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States
Excellent post, 'bro. Helps me better understand the illogical nature of my rape (yes, your post helped me to define it as rape) and it makes me understand that I was in fact raped and did the best I could under illogical pressure and lies.

Thank you for your honesty and insight!! Keep your head held high!

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.