Newest Members
BCtejas, JHNebraska, mike42069, JACKL, Personman
12491 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
kb8715 (114), rom2057 (57), terrapin (51)
Who's Online
6 registered (pittsburgh, Dave PNW, wollensak, Obi, 2 invisible), 20 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12491 Members
74 Forums
64158 Topics
447715 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#456809 - 12/14/13 05:03 PM Greetings MS Community!
Professor Offline

Loc: Indiana
Good day!

I am Professor Pooh! I am a "military brat" that lived as far west as Texas where I was born to Virginia where I was amidst a strong family network even for just a moment. Ironically, the state where many things began including my sexual abuse is the state for which I reside. My abuse began when I was around 5/6 and ended before getting into my adolescent years. There were five (5) different individuals that at a minimum that fondled me and at a maximum tried to have me perform oral sex on them.

Initially, I was fearful, afraid, and completely taken off guard. Then I began to think that if this keeps happening to me especially since three of the instances involved males and two involved females that it was normal or that I was targeted for sexual exploitation. Regardless of the perspective, I definitely put up walls. I did not trust anyone beyond what I could throw them. I have battled with relational/emotional esteem and efficacy issues. I have struggled with anger which has diminished substantially, particularly in the past few years.

I will say that my trust was further exacerbated considering that other adult family members knew some of things that happened, but did not explain anything to me or really took out the time to help me or process what happened. On two of the five occasions, my dad was aware that something happened. He even waled in on the act. The first time he beat me and my step brother that had me to masturbate him, and the second time my cousin walked in on me being assaulted by another cousin who was dry humping me and told my Grandma and Aunt, who told my dad. My dad along with my uncles present had us to fight one another to resolve the issue. Needless to say, it did not end the molestation that would continue for years every time the family would get together.

Although a wall of shame and a stronghold of mistrust was erected, I have purposed and am committed to tearing them down and taking the renewed risk to be me, absent of the lies associated with the sexual abuse. Thank you for hearing, sharing, and caring!

Yours in Overcoming,

The Professor

#456811 - 12/14/13 05:22 PM Re: Greetings MS Community! [Re: Professor]
newground Offline
Chatroom Moderator
MaleSurvivor
Loc: michigan
hey professor
good for you! you are here among friends in a healing place where you can process the feelings in a supportive environment. the guys here "get it" there is so much shame and confusion that orbits these acts that it seems like we much carry it forever but it is not true. as we call it out, and begin to find healthy responses to our past, its power over us is so much diminished. maybe even cleared away. that is our hope man. hang out here read the stories make yourself at home, and when you are comfortable maybe try the chat this is designed to be a safe place so lets heal together.
be well
Jeff

#456812 - 12/14/13 05:25 PM Re: Greetings MS Community! [Re: Professor]
CafeMan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Chicago
Very nice to meet you, Professor. Welcome to the site. You are on your way, so I hope it can only go more positive than what it is for you right now. All my best regarding your overcoming of obstacles . . .

Regards,

Nick

#456816 - 12/14/13 06:32 PM Re: Greetings MS Community! [Re: Professor]
victor-victim Offline

Loc: O Kanada
welcome, professor.

my heart goes out to you.
ms.org has helped me heal.
i hope you find some health here.

War
Love
Poetry

#456821 - 12/14/13 08:37 PM Re: Greetings MS Community! [Re: Professor]
Bluedogone Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Southeast US
Welcome.

There's always room for one more who needs what MS has to offer. I think you'll find a lot of people here who've faced similar abuse and who completely understand the anger and frustration that just naturally seems to go along with sexual abuse. Plus, the non-judgmental attitude is sort of refreshing and new (at least for me).

It sounds like you've made some outstanding progress in dealing with your issues, and I hope this site helps in your continued journey to healing.

CJ

#456865 - 12/15/13 07:46 PM Re: Greetings MS Community! [Re: Professor]
Zero Offline

Loc: Tennessee
Welcome to Malesurvivor, I hope you find peace and healing here.

#456867 - 12/15/13 09:13 PM Re: Greetings MS Community! [Re: Professor]
gettingstronger Offline

Loc: Virginia
Hi Professor,

Welcome! I hope you find as much good here at MS as I have.

Bob

#456870 - 12/15/13 10:00 PM Re: Greetings MS Community! [Re: Professor]
genedebs Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: MO
Welcome Professor,

I hope you find the support and help you seek. Certainly finding safety is an important part of M S

We all have different stories, but we all have many similarities. For example I also had 5 perpetrators. Also, found no support from my family, even after I disclosed.

I hope this works for you.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.