Newest Members
DT, kk90, Austintexan, Cancan, LS
12257 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
ByondClosedDoors (41), Dave1425 (32), DeafDavid (23), LowSky (57)
Who's Online
5 registered (cant_remember, Austintexan, 3 invisible), 21 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12257 Members
73 Forums
63123 Topics
441413 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#456457 - 12/09/13 09:58 AM Man freed after 9 year old boy's rape 35 years ago
Chase Eric Offline
MaleSurvivor

This at first seems an uplifting story about a man who was freed after serving 35 years based on clear evidence showing he did not do the crime. But it begs the question - what of the man who did do it? I find it incredibly disturbing on many levels. So the perpetrator of this act (1) escaped justice and (2) sat back and let an innocent man serve his time. The first indicates lack of morals, the second lack of character.

Click my pic to see why I'm here

#456467 - 12/09/13 12:57 PM Re: Man freed after 9 year old boy's rape 35 years ago [Re: Chase Eric]
JustScott Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

I think the fact that the perpetrator escaped and let another man serve time is the lease if his issues. He FIRST kidnapped and raped a child. Being able to do that, I think hiding and letting others take the fall took no additional thought on his part. He was actually probably quite relieved and simply went back to his day to day life without even a 2nd thought or worry.

A man or woman, has neither character or morals if they violate innocent children.

Real question is, how many more children have been raped and abused in the mean time?

As for Bain, it must be a huge relief to be free.... but what now? he's been in prison since he was 19. What life skills does he have to survive out in the world? I don't know which is worse, so so many convicts commit crimes just to go back because they are not prepared for life at all on the outside. Bain at least will have some monetary compensation, but much of his life and what could have been are utterly gone.

Then what of the victim? The article mentions they contacted the victim to let them know.... how must he feel now? Knowing that he picked Bain out of photos and the man served 35 years for something he never did? I can't imagine being in his shoes right now.

I'd really like to know what else they used as evidence to convict. My niece was molested, and she knew exactly who it was, but nothing ever happened because the police said it would only be her word against his.

Absolutely insane world we have here.

Edited by JustScott (12/09/13 01:03 PM)

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.