Newest Members
JimHouston42, GKB, MorganWut, myrlin, AaronS
12466 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
BobdaFarmer61 (53), LeeM1974 (40), MATROS48 (57), victor valdez (40)
Who's Online
4 registered (Bluedogone, 3 invisible), 15 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12466 Members
74 Forums
64011 Topics
446744 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#456149 - 12/05/13 09:32 PM Hypnotherapy
Drummer Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Florida
Hi everyone! I'm currently under a therapists' care and am very happy with him but I am wondering if I could be getting through some of my barriers faster. I ran across this article. All thoughts/experience/opinions welcome!

http://healmyptsd.com/treatment/hypnotherapy
"The Trial" from Pink Floyd's "The Wall"

#456161 - 12/06/13 01:36 AM Re: Hypnotherapy [Re: Drummer]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Drummer

I have had DID and I still have it to some extent. My therapist used hypnotherapy to great advantage with a lot of the child alters I've had. I learned how to use it with myself and supplemented his work. But then I stalled out on it, possibly because the secrets that were hidden did not want to be let go of at that point. Hypnotherapy was probably the instrument of choice in dealing with the DID. But then beyond that there is a technique called EMDR may be the best where there are some extremely disjointed thoughts are encountered.

Puffer

#456170 - 12/06/13 06:15 AM Re: Hypnotherapy [Re: pufferfish]
Drummer Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Florida
Thanks! I'm currently doing EMDR with noticeable success. My main issue is that I'm finding that I do have blocks that are proving difficult and time consuming to try to get to and through. These blocks are causing me some issues that are affecting my work as well as my family life. It's proving to be rather difficult to locate a hypnotherapist with experience with CSA in my area (NE. Florida/SE. Georgia).
"The Trial" from Pink Floyd's "The Wall"

#458012 - 01/04/14 11:15 PM Re: Hypnotherapy [Re: Drummer]
kcinohio Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ohio
In my experience, blocks may be self-constructed or otherwise for a reason. Though it may not feel like it during it, may be better to take the slower approaches and heal sequentially than bust through. I've found since starting this journey of CSA recovery in the early 90's that I don't need to be in such a hurry to get where I don't want to be (but thought for sure I did until I got there).

Best wishes on your healing journey whichever method you decide.

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.