Newest Members
DT, kk90, Austintexan, Cancan, LS
12257 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Blank (36), christx (41), Heartonfire (38), Nathan LaChine (31)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 19 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12257 Members
73 Forums
63124 Topics
441422 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#455928 - 12/03/13 11:42 PM Justice Delayed, Justice Denied
Bluedogone Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Southeast US
http://www.ajc.com/news/news/dragon-con-co-founder-pleads-guilty/nb8rN/

Un effing believable!!!

After only 13 years to finally begin the trial for child molestation, the perp pleads to lesser charges and will finish serving his 5 year sentence under house arrest. Each of the three men (who were teens at the time of the abuse - 13 years ago) will receive $100,000.

There was concern for the defendant because he was in a wheelchair, having sustained severe injuries while spending a brief time in jail.

A sad commentary on the justice system's treatment of abused kids.

#455930 - 12/04/13 12:02 AM Re: Justice Delayed, Justice Denied [Re: Bluedogone]
SoccerStar Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New York
At least he's paralyzed. It's something.

"Don't think it hasn't been a little slice of heaven just because it hasn't!" --Bugs Bunny

#455940 - 12/04/13 12:29 AM Re: Justice Delayed, Justice Denied [Re: SoccerStar]
Bluedogone Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Southeast US
You're right Soccer Star.

It's hard not to be vengeful and think, well at least prisoners know how to deal with child molesters.

#456040 - 12/04/13 04:57 PM Re: Justice Delayed, Justice Denied [Re: Bluedogone]
BuffaloCO Offline

Loc: USA
I agree with soccer star, but this dude, seriously??? Just 5 years under "house arrest"? Should have had at least a year in prison, wheelchair or no. What really bothers me is that so many judges apparently don't get it, esp for boys, how "it" can hurt your life for life. WE have a LIFE sentence I think.

Edited by BuffaloCO (12/04/13 04:58 PM)
Edit Reason: added last line

#456041 - 12/04/13 05:20 PM Re: Justice Delayed, Justice Denied [Re: BuffaloCO]
victor-victim Offline

Loc: O Kanada
"Kramer, his attorney said, entered an Alford plea — that is, he pleaded guilty without actually admitting to any wrongdoing."

word games. mind games.

"Gwinnett County District Attorney Porter pointed out that the result was the same, regardless of how Kramer made his guilty plea.

“If it made him feel better not to have to say ‘I did it,’ then what difference does that make in the end?” Porter said.

smells like lack of remorse.
that should work against him during sentencing.
which should have cancelled out the leniency he received for his jailhouse injury.
one would need to read the judge's ruling in order to make sense of the sentence.

“The defense counsel and I have been negotiating for some time about a resolution of this case that would spare the victims testimony to let them get some closure,” Porter said.
"

i wonder if the survivors feel cheated, having been denied their day in court.
some people would prefer to publicly confront and accuse the abuser.
that is how i felt after the suspect in my case pleaded guilty.
i was looking forward to testifying, telling the truth, as frightening as that was.
i would have loved to have the judge hear me speak,
but the forensic evidence would have been brutally hard on the families of the murder victims, so ultimately, the guilty plea was probably the best possible outcome to a no-win scenario.

War
Love
Poetry

#456074 - 12/04/13 08:50 PM Re: Justice Delayed, Justice Denied [Re: Bluedogone]
catfish86 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ohio
Only saving grace is the victims received some money. Quite likely the dude is faking. He certainly isn't sorry because he has a 14 yo boy in his motel room while on bond from child abuse charges.
And the Wisdom to know the difference.

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.