Newest Members
susanhepp, Breathe, georgetwo, frozen45, lilac
12291 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Guillermo (37), illbedat (26), Mike58 (56), Mnovit (38), Mongo (24), pwdasw (64), Raymond Sean (38), yesac76 (38)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 20 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12291 Members
73 Forums
63236 Topics
442192 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#455726 - 12/01/13 04:56 PM Hello, I'm Marcus Cohen
Marcus Cohen Offline

Loc: Virginia
I'm glad to have found this website. I went thru a lot of abuse growing up, both physical and sexual. At some point I started writing to deal with it. I have now written a book and it's been published. Just want to help others who have been thru similar situations as mine. I hope others can benefit from what I learned.
Thanks,
Marcus

#455745 - 12/01/13 09:05 PM Re: Hello, I'm Marcus Cohen [Re: Marcus Cohen]
KMCINVA Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Marcus

Welcome to a site that is here for you. We all are traveling the path to healing--and I am glad you were able to tell your story in a book. Maybe you can share the title because we all can benefit from you healing experience.

We all heal differently, we all act out differently but no matter it is from the CSA we suffered as a child. Sadly, others, some educated people, some in the medical profession, some good people do not accept or understand the impact of this abuse on our minds, our self perception of ourselves, but here we share and understand each other.

Kevin

#455750 - 12/01/13 09:55 PM Re: Hello, I'm Marcus Cohen [Re: Marcus Cohen]
victor-victim Offline

Loc: O Kanada
i am sure you will have many valuable insights to share.
welcome.

tell me more about your book, if you wish.

War
Love
Poetry

#455770 - 12/02/13 05:39 AM Re: Hello, I'm Marcus Cohen [Re: Marcus Cohen]
Lancer Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Florida
Unfortunately Marcus I'm gonna be the bad guy because I've seen this kind of thing too often with some new "member" sets himself up as an [unvetted] "expert" and whose agenda is that the boards are a ready-made marketing tool for some enterprise. They're not.

These boards are NOT the place to promote your literary wares.

You want to share your experience with the other members? Great. You want to get help from other members? Terrif. That's what we're here for. You want to sell your self-help book as you listed (Amazon, etc.) in another post? Forget it.

#455773 - 12/02/13 07:29 AM Re: Hello, I'm Marcus Cohen [Re: Marcus Cohen]
Frustrated Offline

Kudos Lancer

#455776 - 12/02/13 07:54 AM Re: Hello, I'm Marcus Cohen [Re: Marcus Cohen]
victor-victim Offline

Loc: O Kanada
i'm interested in your book.

i can't form an opinion about it until i know more about it.

you should be proud of your achievement.
not many people can say they have published a book.

War
Love
Poetry

#455793 - 12/02/13 09:33 AM Re: Hello, I'm Marcus Cohen [Re: Marcus Cohen]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Marcus,

What is the title of your book:

Puffer

#455842 - 12/03/13 12:19 PM Re: Hello, I'm Marcus Cohen [Re: Marcus Cohen]
Bluedogone Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Southeast US
Welcome Marcus,

I think this is the second big step you've made in the recovery process. There's a lot of info and sharing on the site and I hope you find many resources that will be helpful. And can share some of your insights as well. I think the first step (at least for me)was to "write it all down" to get it clear in my head what I'm dealing with, then begin to take the actions to get back up and back on track. Whether it's kept in a simple journal or you write a book it's very therapeutic to get the thoughts from your head and see the words on paper.

Moderator:  ModTeam, Publius, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.