Newest Members
Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy, wiresguy1
12278 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
4113 (60), Andre M, (36), catchup22 (62), jim OCA 7 (57), sidhearthur (55), SkyClad (65)
Who's Online
5 registered (masryt, HD001, 3 invisible), 21 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12276 Members
73 Forums
63169 Topics
441722 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#454789 - 11/22/13 12:41 PM Talking to other parents
sugarbaby Offline

One of my kids had an unpleasant experience with another child who was one year older. In my amateur opinion I believe that the other child may have has an assault in the past.

Can anyone give me any tips on how to speak to this other parent about it? These are uncharted waters for me.

#454842 - 11/22/13 10:47 PM Re: Talking to other parents [Re: sugarbaby]
Esposa Offline
F&F Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NJ
Bumping this up - interested to see any answers.

#454845 - 11/22/13 11:29 PM Re: Talking to other parents [Re: sugarbaby]
mattheal Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ohio
Sugar,

After I read your question above, I proceeded to browse through your post history. I was going to offer you my own amateur opinion as a Survivor and a Father for what it's worth, but reading just a few of your posts changed my mind.

Just be the person you are in your post - really strong, caring, kind, and optimistic, with a bit of self deprecation thrown in to remind others you are human. You know how to communicate - just be you and say what and why you are concerned.

Sincerely,
Matt
that the worst is all behind you
And the waves that tossed the raft all night
have set you on dry land
- The Mountain Goats - "Never Quite Free"

#455205 - 11/27/13 09:49 AM Re: Talking to other parents [Re: sugarbaby]
sugarbaby Offline

I didn't have time to check back here so I just met with the parent and flew by the seat of my pants. I explained the situation and why I thought they needed to look into it. The parent agreed and had an idea of what may have been a problem for their child so they are going to look into it.

It was kind of like walking on egg shells while swinging a sledge hammer. I felt bad about it but I would feel worse if I kept quiet and that child continued to live with whatever issue they had going on.

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.