Newest Members
Jerone, teba, Serpenta, mojo, James M
12114 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
chrisH (34), Malaki619 (32), worcester2003 (51)
Who's Online
11 registered (BraveFalcon, innervoice, maxxie, 6 invisible), 64 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12114 Members
73 Forums
62508 Topics
438071 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#454651 - 11/21/13 04:30 PM What's Your Favorite NGO/Charity?
concerned_husky Offline
MaleSurvivor

Apart from MS, of course. smile

My favorite NGO is Sea Shepherd. They're pretty controversial, but I like best how they act in trying to protect the world's oceans. I haven't had the chance to volunteer in any of their campaigns yet (and I really want to), but I've made donations a number of times and I felt it left me with a sense of empowerment, of making a difference, of purpose and meaning.

Anybody have similar experiences?
The ratio of good to bad people in this world will always be tipped in favor of the latter. Always. But that ratio in your own social circle, you can control. And there, and only there, can the balance be favorably tipped, so that those who love you far outnumber those who don't.

#454656 - 11/21/13 05:06 PM ! [Re: concerned_husky]
Smalltown80sBoy Offline
MaleSurvivor

!

Edited by Smalltown80sBoy (02/28/14 10:35 PM)

#454695 - 11/21/13 10:46 PM Re: What's Your Favorite NGO/Charity? [Re: concerned_husky]
Tarobuns108 Offline

Loc: NJ, USA
I donate to Border Angels, an organization that provides food and clothing to undocumented immigrants at the U.S.-Mexico border.

I've also been a long time donator to RAINN (Rape, Abuse and Incest National Network), even more so after experiencing firsthand how helpful the organization is.
"Don't be ashamed to need help. Like a soldier storming a wall, you have a mission to accomplish. And if you've been wounded and you need a comrade to pull you up? So what?" Meditations of Marcus Aurelius, Book 7:7

#454970 - 11/24/13 10:46 PM Re: What's Your Favorite NGO/Charity? [Re: concerned_husky]
victor-victim Offline

Loc: O Kanada
this is the charity we usually promote and support.

http://www.vams.org/

VANCOUVER ADAPTED MUSIC SOCIETY

"Vancouver Adapted Music Society supports and promotes musicians with physical disabilities in the Metro Vancouver area.

We operate Western Canada's only fully-accessible recording studio, have our own choir, and run programs for people with a wide range of musical abilities
."

War
Love
Poetry

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.