Newest Members
DT, kk90, Austintexan, Cancan, LS
12257 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
ByondClosedDoors (41), Dave1425 (32), DeafDavid (23), LowSky (57)
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 16 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12257 Members
73 Forums
63122 Topics
441411 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#454765 - 11/22/13 08:51 AM Re: Glad I found the site! [Re: MarkH]
don64 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: St. Croix, USVI
Hi Mark and welcome. I'm glad you have been able to move into recovery so quickly, and I appreciate your intensity. I want to suggest you just bring some awareness to how quickly it is possible for you to hurry the process. The damage sexual abuse does can be quite deep, and the recovery can take quite a long time. I just want you to be able to be sensitive to what your needs are, not trying to tell you what to do. You can live your life and be in recovery, too. And, ultimately you won't be able to manipulate the process to move any more quickly than it is able to go. So, don't be in too big a hurry to rush things. If your efforts to hurry things along are met with quick success, then your probably in the groove. If your efforts to hurry things along are met with obstacles, then that probably is just a signal from the universe that hurrying is not in your best interests.

Just my opinion,

Don
Divine Law is not judgment or denial of self truths. Divine Law is honoring harmony that comes from a peaceful mind, an open heart, a true tongue, a light step, a forgiving nature, and a love of all living creatures. Jamie Sams & David Carson, Medicine Cards

#454937 - 11/24/13 09:13 AM Re: Glad I found the site! [Re: MarkH]
MarkH Offline

Loc: Florida/Maine
Thank you...I appreciate the welcome..

#454938 - 11/24/13 09:16 AM Re: Glad I found the site! [Re: don64]
MarkH Offline

Loc: Florida/Maine
Hi Don,

I understand what you are saying. As I am just coming out of an intensive outpatient program, I am "opened up" right now and am in the space to keep going. As you indicated, this is not going to be "fixed" anytime soon. Perhaps I can get through the first or second layers and then take a it a bit more slowly.

I appreciate your comments!

#455377 - 11/28/13 08:18 PM Re: Glad I found the site! [Re: MarkH]
nomorevic Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: North Carolina
Hello Mark and welcome.

I also didnt realize how much I was affected daily due to past sexual abuse. I am glad you found this site as well and hope it helps you in your recovery.

Take Care,

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, Publius, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.