Newest Members
jmr2191, autumn, tammy m, TheConqueror, Bloom
12425 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
12to17 (58), Aaron7712 (48), Defiance Is Best (46), Interpreter (30), Kenn (55), RichardPaulPoill (68), soul (34), Tyler845 (27)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 30 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12425 Members
74 Forums
63809 Topics
445578 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#454489 - 11/19/13 07:59 PM Gobsmacked...still
Valkyrie Offline

I didn't want to intrude on another thread, so I'm starting another about a state of emotion we secondary survivors feel. Incredulousness. I marvel at how blind I was throughout the first 11 years of my relationship with H. Where I didn't put two and two together. Where I either ignored or didn't recognize the symptoms of something being very wrong. Where I didn't insist on talking about the obvious or demanding change for the things neither of us could ignore.

It makes me wonder where that puts us now that everything is out in the open. When he is finally getting help, getting stable, getting a little better over time, where does that leave us?

It's one thing to try and repair a marriage but when you question if you should....not because of the lies or the infidelity, but because you wonder if the foundation of your relationship was nothing but sand to begin with.

Did I ever really know him? Myself? How did we get here? Why are we still together?

Nearly two years after everything hit the fan and I sometimes find myself still in a state of shock over it all.

Edited by Valkyrie (11/19/13 08:37 PM)

#454499 - 11/19/13 08:58 PM Re: Gobsmacked...still [Re: Valkyrie]
Esposa Offline
F&F Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NJ
I <3 this post.

#454533 - 11/20/13 06:34 AM Re: Gobsmacked...still [Re: Valkyrie]
HopeDiesLast Offline

Do you know him now? Do you know yourself now? Maybe these questions can provide an answer to why you're still together. Or maybe you're just in the process of getting to know each other and yourself. IMO, if you like the plot of land, you can always build a new foundation for new house if the old house was built on sand.

#454555 - 11/20/13 12:50 PM Re: Gobsmacked...still [Re: Valkyrie]
Esposa Offline
F&F Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NJ
Hope - I love that. I have always felt that way - I like the plot of land. Amazing flowers once bloomed here wink

Val - I have a couple of mental tricks I play on myself. One of them was inspired by the book I always talk about "Getting the Love You Want" - and it relates to accepting that we were drawn together for a reason that was not initially apparent and became apparent only when we were drowning. Do you know what that is for you? Why did he pick you? And why did you pick him?

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.