Newest Members
0128, jeremywickers, JScott12, TMatti2, DaiseyLady
12502 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
fakir (71), HelpMeHelpHim32 (41), motherstars (65)
Who's Online
4 registered (lapchinj, 3 invisible), 18 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12502 Members
74 Forums
64190 Topics
447929 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 24 of 26 < 1 2 ... 22 23 24 25 26 >
Topic Options
#450547 - 10/18/13 11:23 AM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: king tut]
bluesky Offline
MaleSurvivor

Im doing good for my first week total of 12 miles power walking and eating very well lowcarb and feeling better than in a long time.
Thanks to all.

#451005 - 10/22/13 06:38 PM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: king tut]
bluesky Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hi guys I started doing power walking last week and it was great but have to stop for the next 4 weeks. I cut the bottom of right foot and have to stay of until stitches are removed. Bummer I real liked this thing so I start in 4 weeks all over again.
Life is full of trips and falls.
Thanks

#451024 - 10/22/13 10:16 PM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: bluesky]
BraveFalcon Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: The ATL

Fuck.....

Bad news. As I have been telling you guys in this thread, I was having problems with my left elbow and I took almost two months off of lifting weights hoping the problem would go away. I retuened to lifting weights and after a couple of work outs, the problem was right back where it had been. On Saturday I had to cut my workout short because it hurt so badly.

One of the guys who works at the gym I belong to said that he had a similar problem and that he took six months off from lifting before he was able to lift again and the the problem is gone for him now. I suppose that's what I'm going to have to try and just stick with running and core workouts for the time being. It really sucks because I don't want to loose definition in my chest and arms but I don't guess I have any other option at the moment. What's more, the job I do requires me to push and carry large amounts of water around which is very heavy and I'm afraid that may be aggravating it and keeping it from getting better. I'm thinking of looking for an new job anyway but this may be the clincher. Ugh.... FML!

On a side note, today I went for a four mile run. Whoopie! Looks like that's about all I'll be doing for a while now. That and a shitload of ab work. Oh well. frown Peace,

Ken

#451349 - 10/26/13 02:10 PM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: king tut]
BraveFalcon Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

4 mile run every day this week, including today. The only exception being yesterday when I did a cardio/ab workout at the gym. Peace,

Ken

#451509 - 10/28/13 01:45 AM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: king tut]
DavoSwim Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Iowa, USA
Well done Ken. That is good progression from your 3 mile runs

Dave

#451529 - 10/28/13 07:36 AM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: king tut]
Suwanee Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Southeast USA
I didn't make it to the pool last week due to one thing or another, so I really expected yesterday's workout to be pretty rough. My wife took the kids to get Halloween stuff, so I had some time.

I did an hour of "dryland" time with weights---lats, pecs, biceps, triceps, traps and quads/calves.

I followed that with an easy 1000 yards (freestyle of course) mixed with a few butterfly sprints--finishing with the butterfly until I was exhausted. I lost count at one point, but I think I did about 1,800 yards. Let's see how sore I am later today...

Will

-Signs and traces left in stone
Ruins of a past unknown-

#451634 - 10/28/13 08:29 PM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: Suwanee]
BraveFalcon Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

No exercise for me in the last 48 hours. No excuses, just got lazy is all. Back on it tomorrow.

#451654 - 10/28/13 10:49 PM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: king tut]
Dave PNW Offline

Loc: Pacific Northwest
Hey Guys. Can I tag along for a while. I am making the transition from swimming open water to winter workouts in the pool. Reporting my progress should help my motivation. Having a hard time adjusting to the warm water and chlorine. Today after a month I returned to my free weights, crunches and dips and pull up workouts. Swam in the pool. Did a 1,000 meter workout and struggled. I will keep at it. Thanks for the motivation guys.

#451732 - 10/29/13 06:33 PM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: king tut]
Dave PNW Offline

Loc: Pacific Northwest
Much better day in the pool. 2500 meters. Mixed distance work with sprints and kicking drills with fins. The variety helps break up the routine. Also got in my dry land work.. free weights, pull ups, dios and crunches.

#454392 - 11/19/13 01:47 AM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: king tut]
WriterKeith Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: southern California
Has anyone done the exercises using a large inflated ball? I've got this thing here and I'm wondering which exercises are best with it to build core strength.

For myself, I'm finding that my body responds best to natural body weight exercises (pushups, pullups, dips, lunges). For some reason i get faster and more noticeable results than with free weights, not sure why. It's always been the case with me.

Great seeing you all here. Keep up the work and keep out the carbs!

Page 24 of 26 < 1 2 ... 22 23 24 25 26 >

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.