Newest Members
Iggy, target687, llamaffama, kysurvior1979, Weldon Sage
12683 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
About A Boy (40), Bigmac (67), Bullfrog (36), gaev55 (70), Jimmy (56), Richard Hoffman (66)
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 29 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12683 Members
75 Forums
65156 Topics
455731 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#454280 - 11/18/13 01:39 PM spiritual armour
victor-victim Offline

Loc: O Kanada
sometimes i don't feel safe.

i don't trust my own flight or fight animal instincts anymore.
as often as they have saved me,
they have damaged and destroyed me.
as much as my past actions have helped,
they have hindered and harmed me.
it got tired of hurting myself and other innocent bystanders.

now... whenever i don't feel safe,
whenever fear and anger threaten...
i stand firm in my faith and
i put on the spiritual armour.

i get much more comfort and strength from scripture,
than i ever did standing on my own.

Ephesians 6:10-17
"Be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power.
Put on the full armour of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes.
For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.
Therefore put on the full armour of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.
Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled round your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace.
In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one.
Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God
"

http://www.acts17-11.com/armor.html

i also find great peace and power in this scripture...

Matthew 7:24-27
Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. But everyone who hears these words of mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell with a great crash.

http://www.messiah-of-god.com/wise-and-foolish-builders-parable-of-two-builders.html

it's not like... i couldn't do it by myself.
i did it.
the difference is, i don't have to.
the best sailor in the world cannot fill the sails of his ship.
he could stand on his deck and blow hard all day, and he will not move one inch.
he can only control his rigging and his rudder, never the wind or the water.

this is how i cope.

War
Love
Poetry

#477681 - 02/21/15 06:03 PM Re: spiritual armour [Re: victor-victim]
victor-victim Offline

'One who puts on his armour should not boast like one who takes it off.' 1 Kings 20:11

i am a soldier. i am a warrior. through due diligence, i stand repaired and prepared for daily deadly battle duty. i keep my spirit sword sharp and my soul suit shiny!

i found some solid sensible advice for maintaining armour, boosting morale, mustering courage and motivating troops.

i wanted to share it with you.
i always enjoy short succinct sermons.
i hope you do, too.

· The objective precedes the subjective. The saving work of God in Christ is an objective fact. It never changes. Our subjective response to the gospel may be fickle and uncer­tain. What God has done for us always precedes what he does in us.

· Facts supersede feelings. The fact of what God has done for us in Christ is more important than our feelings of the work of God in our lives. Feelings come and go: facts remain unchanging.

· Imputation precedes impartation. What God has imputed to us is foundational to what He imparts to us. The work that God counts to our credit makes possible the work that He effects for our benefit. What he has done for us precedes what He does in us.

· Standing outweighs state. Our standing in Christ is perma­nent. Because it is based on the work of God for us in Christ, it can never be threatened. Our state may vary according to circumstances: we may rejoice one day and grieve the next. But our standing does not alter.

· The indicative precedes the imperative. Grammatically, the indicative describes what is; the imperative describes what ought to be. A statement is indicative; a command is imperative. God's statements about who we are always precede His commands about what we should do. Until we know who we are we cannot do what we should do.

· The Word precedes the Spirit. First we believe what God's Word says about us, then we accept the work of the Spirit within us. Repentance and faith in the promises of God bring us into a right relationship with Him; the Spirit enables us to live for Him.

· Kerygma precedes charisma. The kerygma or preaching of God's Word leads to repentance and new life; charismata – signs, wonders and gifts of the Spirit – confirm the preached Word.

· Promise precedes precept. When we know what God has prom­ised us in Christ Jesus then we are able to obey the precepts which He has laid down for us. The promises direct our atten­tion primarily to the Lord; then, with our eyes on Him and His enabling power, we can obey His precepts. To attempt the precepts without faith in the promises is to program our­selves for failure.

· Principle precedes practice. Understanding and believing the principles that are laid down in God's Word gives us a basis for putting into practice the commands which the Scrip­tures contain. What we do then becomes an expression of what we firmly believe.

· Relationship precedes fellowship. Our relationship with God is totally depending on what He has done for us in Christ in adopting us as His children. Our fellowship is contingent on our day by day walking in the light. The relationship is unchanging; our fellowship may vary dramatically in sweetness according to our degree of yieldedness to the Lord.

Dr Barry Chant
This is Revival.

War
Love
Poetry

#480909 - 04/17/15 07:48 PM Re: spiritual armour [Re: victor-victim]
victor-victim Offline

"If there are giants threatening you that need to be brought down, go do it!
Let me remind you of the principles once again.
First, don't run. Stand your ground. The lord of hosts is with you.
Second, don't dress up in Saul's armour. Natural defences and resources are not much help in times of spiritual battle.
Third, dip your hand in the cool, clear stream of God's Word and pick up one of the smooth stones of truth.
Fourth, put it in your sling to signify your willingness to do battle.
Fifth, with a strong confidence in God, take aim and shoot at your giants!
Remember that the battle is the Lord's - He will help you bring down any giants for good."

Selwyn Hughes
EVERY DAY with Jesus

War
Love
Poetry

#480915 - 04/17/15 08:56 PM Re: spiritual armour [Re: victor-victim]
don64 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: St. Croix, USVI

Edited by don64 (04/18/15 12:21 AM)
Edit Reason: inappropriate response to topic
Divine Law is not judgment or denial of self truths. Divine Law is honoring harmony that comes from a peaceful mind, an open heart, a true tongue, a light step, a forgiving nature, and a love of all living creatures. Jamie Sams & David Carson, Medicine Cards

#480919 - 04/17/15 10:30 PM Re: spiritual armour [Re: don64]
victor-victim Offline

"his servant said unto him, Alas, my master! how shall we do? And he answered, 'Fear not: for they that be with us are more than they that be with them'. And Elisha prayed, and said, 'Lord, I pray thee, open his eyes, that he may see'. And the Lord opened the eyes of the young man; and he saw: and, behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire round about" 2 Kings 6

War
Love
Poetry

#481082 - 04/21/15 05:10 PM St.Pachomius [Re: victor-victim]
victor-victim Offline

"We are assailed by the temptation of the love of money.
If you wish to acquire riches - they are the bait of the fisher's hook - by greed, by trafficking, by violence, by ruse or by excessive manual work that deprives you of leisure for the service of God - in a word by any other means - if you have desired to pile up gold or silver, remember what the Gospel says,
'Fool! They will snatch your soul away during the night! Who will get your hoard?' { LUKE 12:20 }
Again, 'He piles up money without knowing to whom it will go.' { PSALM 39:6 }
"

"When a thought oppresses you, do not be downhearted, but put up with it in courage, saying,
'They swarmed around me closer and closer, but I drove them back in the name of the Lord.' { PSALM 118:11 }
Divine help will arrive at your side immediately, and you will drive them away from you,
and courage will compass you round about, and the glory of God will walk with you;
and 'you will be filled to your soul's desire.' { ISAIAH 58:11 }
"

"God wants nothing from men but fear and love."

Pachomius

War
Love
Poetry

#481292 - 04/26/15 03:27 PM Re: St.Pachomius [Re: victor-victim]
nltsaved Offline

Loc: Kc,Mo
One of the easiest ways to get of track and out of the will of God is to lay your sword down. The sword is the word of God . If you put your sword down it will not be long before you drop your shield .The shield is your faith and with your faith weakened so to will the breastplate of righteousness . If you allow your faith and your righteousness to be weaken than the helmet of salvation that guards your mind will enable Satan to attack with doubt. The belt or girdle of truth will fall by the wayside having no breastplate to keep it in place . When all of these things have been allowed to be weaken than you will have no protection .God tells us to dress ourselves in the full armor of God .This is our responsibility to do on a daily basis ,they are all tied to one another. If you stop reading the word of God to help build you up than you will obviously be vulnerable to be broken down .You have to renew your mind daily with the word of God because of the relentlessness of the worldy desires and passions that will detour your race. This world is filled with so much evil that in order to separate the truth from all of the lies you must stay rooted and grounded in the word of God. Strip away the word of God and you will be overcome with chaos and confusion. If you look at the truth of what I am saying , you can see the correlation of putting the word down and allowing the chaos to flow into your life . If you are weak right now it is because you have taken off the full armor of God .
~Nathan Tice © 4/4/2015
you are not alone never were
WRITTEN FORM
http://www.malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=339159#Post339159
Why i hate Religion but love Jesus
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IAhDGYlpqY

#481295 - 04/26/15 03:50 PM Re: St.Pachomius [Re: nltsaved]
victor-victim Offline

amen!

Originally Posted By: nltsaved
This world is filled with so much evil that in order to separate the truth from all of the lies you must stay rooted and grounded in the word of God. Strip away the word of God and you will be overcome with chaos and confusion.

thank you.
this is an excellent affirmation.

it lifted my spirit.

i enjoy reading and studying and listening to the bible so much that it happens all day at every chance. every time is like the first. fresh insights and new understandings in every word of god, renewed repeatedly. i continue to grow in christ. a work has begun in me that will continue until the end. there is no place, nor mood, nor state of mind, that cannot be improved by scripture. i experience expansion and even exaltation through exegesis. excellent!

even the dimmest light is welcome in the dark of night.
wrong and right, black and white, god's word gives insight.

the good life
husband, wife,
mother, father,
sister, brother,
son and daughter,
scripture, prayer.
bread and butter,
wine and water,
milk and honey,
who needs money?
i have love
and god above.

War
Love
Poetry

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.